Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Abnett is getting it done on the writing front. You can tell he's in control of the story.

Man, this thread wasn't updated in a long time !

What do you all feel about the "Old Gods" being spoilers:
    corrupted by Darkseid in coming months apparently (even if I guess the September cover could be misleading?). On one hand, I'm fine with that because it shows how dangerous Darkseid is. On the other hand, I'm not too fond of Azrael, Koriand'r and Vic being made puppets of the God of Evil for whoever knows how long...
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Man, this thread wasn't updated in a long time !

What do you all feel about the "Old Gods" being spoilers:
    corrupted by Darkseid in coming months apparently (even if I guess the September cover could be misleading?). On one hand, I'm fine with that because it shows how dangerous Darkseid is. On the other hand, I'm not too fond of Azrael, Koriand'r and Vic being made puppets of the God of Evil for whoever knows how long...
    end of spoilers
    DC seems determined to turn all of the Teen Titans characters evil or kill them off. Are they phasing them out to build up Damian's generation?

The preview is out, and I'm liking that it finally connect the Odyssey to the larger story of the J/D War : https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...ue-odyssey-11/

JUSTICE LEAGUE ODYSSEY #15
    writtenby DAN ABNETT
    art by WILL CONRAD
    acetate cover by NEIL GOOGE
    variant cover by LUCIO PARRILLO
    The Black Cube wakes! The new JLO team battles a massively powerful threat aboard their ship…and the ship is the first casualty. Stranded in space, Jessica Cruz’s leadership skills are tested to the limit as she tries to bring her dysfunctional crew together as a team before they all perish!
    ON SALE 11.13.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+
    This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    Please note the acetate covers will be available on first printings only.

Not too fan of Darkseid returning to his original design, or the Granny Goodness Starfire.

Cyborg looking menacing.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Oh, so they get turned and Jess forms a new team to stop that? That's... super disappointing.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Oh, so they get turned and Jess forms a new team to stop that? That's... super disappointing.
    I kind of expected this,DC is determined to turn members of the Titans franchise into villains.I wonder who's in Jess's new team.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I kind of expected this,DC is determined to turn members of the Titans franchise into villains.I wonder who's in Jess's new team.
    Same thing's happening to Joey over in Deathstroke, Crush is being controlled by Lobo, and Donna might be a member of the Secret Six.

This is why I barely read any DC.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Spectacular Member

Reading the preview text of the solicit had me worried that original team sans Jessica were getting scrapped. Now I'm getting the idea that this is a stealth Jessica Cruz book and I hope I'm wrong. I don't know how everyone will get decent focus if 3 of them turns evil and have no real character during that status.

Guess that's it for me.

Mighty Member

I don't know. Jess has less than 10% ring power left. Having her teammates get brainwashed and turn against her, leaving her facing impossible stakes could make for good drama. Just has to be played right.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I don't know. Jess has less than 10% ring power left. Having her teammates get brainwashed and turn against her, leaving her facing impossible stakes could make for good drama. Just has to be played right.
    But as someone with no reason to read this book other than one or two of the characters that aren't Jessica Cruz, you can see how this would be problematic, right?

I'm game if Dex-Starr is on Jess' new League team .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    But as someone with no reason to read this book other than one or two of the characters that aren't Jessica Cruz, you can see how this would be problematic, right?
    No. No, I don't. It's a team book. Everyone gets a chance to shine.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers