Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

OK, how can Jessica be in two places at once? She cameoed in the main JL book today among a big crowd of heroes. They did correctly omit Cyborg and Starfire, so it's not like the artist isn't aware of the status quo. We know the current JL and JLO arcs takes place simultaneously, so it's impossible for Jessica to be at the Hall of Justice!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    OK, how can Jessica be in two places at once? She cameoed in the main JL book today among a big crowd of heroes. They did correctly omit Cyborg and Starfire, so it's not like the artist isn't aware of the status quo. We know the current JL and JLO arcs takes place simultaneously, so it's impossible for Jessica to be at the Hall of Justice!

batman can be 4 places at once why not her

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    batman can be 4 places at once why not her
    hehe, Batman loaned his intergalactic teleporter to Jessica!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

GL rings are capable of faster-then-light travel...

JUSTICE LEAGUE ODYSSEY #19
    written by DAN ABNETT
    art by CLIFF RICHARDS
    cover by JOSÉ LADRÖNN
    variant cover by SKAN
    Lost beyond the edge of the universe, the misfit team of Justice League Odyssey crosses paths with Epoch. The Lord of Time has a great plan to solve everything, but it might be the single most dangerous thing anyone has ever done. As Jessica Cruz and her team try to figure out if he’s a genius, or crazy—or both—time is running out. A new threat is closing in on them, in the form of Darkseid’s latest generation of lethal New Gods.
    ON SALE 03.04.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

That artist's name makes me think of the similarly named singer...
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    GL rings are capable of faster-then-light travel...
    Except Jessica doesn't HAVE a ring right now...
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So, issue 17 is out today. I didn't quite get the last page reveal -I've no idea who that guy is. But the hints about Victor are making me somewhat hopeful for him in the future ! And I still really love the series. It has found its groove !

This book has gotten INCREDIBLY better since Abnett took over. Gah - I'm really digging this at the moment.

Epoch is one of the JLA's first adversaries (appearing in issue #10 from the '60's). Same with Xothar - who was the second villain the League ever faced (he was the "weapons master" and traveled from the future to the past to beat the league - kinda like Kang eventually would try to do with the Avengers). I'm really loving how Abnett is mining these old stories for villains and updating them in light of what's going on. All these little nods for old school fans, but completely in keeping with the current storyline. It's pretty awesome.

And I loved seeing Orion go off in this issue. Nice to see him as the god level figure he is.

Are the entire events of this book going to just ended up erased?

JUSTICE LEAGUE ODYSSEY #20
    written by DAN ABNETT
    art by WILL CONRAD
    cover by JOSÉ LADRÖNN
    variant cover by SKAN
    As Darkseid threatens reality as we know it, Epoch, the Lord of Time, has a plan to stop him…but will that plan end in even greater disaster for the Multiverse? Green Lantern Jessica Cruz and her Justice League Odyssey misfits have one chance to avert catastrophe, but they’ll have to steal Epoch’s time technology to do it…and risk unraveling the entire history of the DC Universe!
    ON SALE 04.01.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES

Green Lantern season 2 seems to be set after Odyssey is over, because Jessica shows up.
    https://www.newsarama.com/48684-the-...son-two-1.html

BANNED

As a Jessica Cruz fan, not a fan of Jessica in JL Oddysey... it doesn´t feel Jessica to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    As a Jessica Cruz fan, not a fan of Jessica in JL Oddysey... it doesn´t feel Jessica to me.
    Maybe the circumstances are pushing her out of her usual zone? I mean, while one of the nicest people in the superhero business, it has been established that she can be a tough cookie when needed.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Yeah, the fact is, she's got three missing heroes to find, one of whom is a close friend from her time with the Rebirth Justice League. And she came back from the dead. Can't really blame her for being angry, aggressive, and just generally not herself. Her new allies aren't exactly who she would've picked given a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, the fact is, she's got three missing heroes to find, one of whom is a close friend from her time with the Rebirth Justice League. And she came back from the dead. Can't really blame her for being angry, aggressive, and just generally not herself. Her new allies aren't exactly who she would've picked given a choice.
    And she's infused with omega Energy, which is apparently what keeps her alive. That can't be good for temper.

I debated dropping this title month after month for I don't know how long. Now it's one of the titles I enjoy most. It doesn't have even one character I particularly care for one way or the other and yet each issue is a page turner. Crazy.

Abnett really had a knack for the Science Fiction. It's really impressive.