Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Justice League Odyssey

It coming this week any Preview pages

DC previews tend to only appear a day or two before the comic goes on sale, unlike Marvel whose previews appear five or six days before the on sale date. So, no, the preview isn't out yet.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    DC previews tend to only appear a day or two before the comic goes on sale, unlike Marvel whose previews appear five or six days before the on sale date. So, no, the preview isn't out yet.
    unless they want to spoil us with major overarch world points

Default Justice League Odyssey #1

That. Was. Awesome!!!

I am so in. Their purpose for being drawn together was totally unexpected. This just breathed life into DC's cosmic playground.

The dialogue felt natural. Williamson really had their voices. Art, of course, was great.

What a great start. Such an epic feel to this whole book. Definitely worth the wait.

I really liked the first issue. I hope it wont suffer more delays.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    That. Was. Awesome!!!

I am so in. Their purpose for being drawn together was totally unexpected. This just breathed life into DC's cosmic playground.

The dialogue felt natural. Williamson really had their voices. Art, of course, was great.

What a great start. Such an epic feel to this whole book. Definitely worth the wait.

I really like Starfire in it. I am glad that she is out of the New Teen Titans comic because I don't like her being on the same team with Damian.
    I like her with her old teammate Cyborg.
    Her costume design looks good.
    I like it better than her last one with the gloves.
    The warrior bracelets look better than gloves on her
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I really like Starfire in it. I am glad that she is out of the New Teen Titans comic because I don't like her being on the same team with Damian.
    I like her with her old teammate Cyborg.
    Her costume design looks good.
    I like it better than her last one with the gloves.
    The warrior bracelets look better than gloves on her
    i thought she absorbed ultraviolet rays

Always Rakzo

A few overwritten lines aside, I thought this was a pretty promising opening with good characterization and solid surprises towards the end.

Sejic's work is amazing and is really sad he won't be here for the long term.

The art is fantastic, unfortunately I feel a 2 month delay killed this book because DC didn't market it and most forgot about it.

I'm okay with 90% of the story. JPV being here doesn't really make sense. I know they just threw in a Bat character in the hopes of boosting sales but he is beyond random and has no business being on this team. There are 30 other characters they could use. Hell I would have accepted Ted Kord over JPV.

Still I would have liked to see the original issue
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    The art is fantastic, unfortunately I feel a 2 month delay killed this book because DC didn't market it and most forgot about it.

I'm okay with 90% of the story. JPV being here doesn't really make sense. I know they just threw in a Bat character in the hopes of boosting sales but he is beyond random and has no business being on this team. There are 30 other characters they could use. Hell I would have accepted Ted Kord over JPV.

Still I would have liked to see the original issue
    Yeah, probably the only real "Why are you here again?" moment I had with the whole issue. Otherwise, like Dark, a pretty good start.

Astonishing Member

God I can't believe DC slipped up so bad and kicked Sejic off the book. What in the world were they thinking?!

1) This is by far the best Cyborg design I have ever seen. Most artists try to draw cyborg like a 1975 buick, yet Sejic understands that modern technology would be sleek and has made the armor look more modern and organic. But then again, Sejic does have a concept art background in which concept artist normally blows comic book artist designs completely out of the water.

2) I'm definitely liking the characterization here. I feel like Cyborg was a little more blunt than he normally is (the stowaway line felt really odd coming from him.) but the take charge nature was exactly how you're supposed to write cyborg.

Overall, even with all of the screw ups, this is one of the only books from DC I'm actually excited about. I know that will drop drastically once sejic leaves, but I do hope the writing can at least maintain what we see currently. I was able to deal with Sara Pitchelli eventually leaving the miles morales series because bendis wrote it so well, we will see here if the writing can maintain the book.

Astonishing Member

Odyssey is my book of the week. Not that I wouldn't scrap the pile to have Sejic back on Aquaman instead, but hey. As good starts with cool direction, world-building and art design go.

So there's a ... fair amount of world-build for an issue # 1. We thank god SKIP almost all of the character meet-ups, with only the Space Cop and the Evil Prophet ones actually being depicted. One line of dialogue - Azrael was a stowaway - makes his arc more intriguing, mysterious, dangerous, roguish, instantaneously. Show, don't tell, the Hero's Journey - but yeah, TELL the Lancer, the Rogue. Let the reputation do the talking for a bit. Build the mystique.

Anyway.

1. Most interested I've been in Jessica since Darkseid War and she stopped being Power Ring. (See also: Interest in Darkseid.)
    2. Most stoked I've been to see Cyborg in anything. He's been real good in Snyder's book but seeing him and Kori as O.G. Titans builds gravity and bonafides.
    3. Most interested I've been in Vic actually having a motherbox embedded, too. (See also: Interest in Darkseid.)
    4. If we live in a universe where we have to have Jean-Paul Valley flashpointed back to life ... most interested I've been in Jean-Paul Valley since he came back to life. (See also: Darkseid.) I think sending Azrael on a space crusade in a flashy I assume FoxTech-meets-Dumas Az-Bats costume is the biggest stroke of genius weird left field blue skies bold move I've seen in a book in a while.
    5. All this and Vril Dox hasn't even shown up yet.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

It's my favorite of the week as well! Sejic has always been a great artist and to have him draw Koriand'r... just wow!
    I like how they set the story up. Jessica's and Simon's conversation at the start was a great introduction scene and I really enjoyed the interactions between Vic and Kory as well.
    I could do without Azrael but he doesn't bother me. I'm looking forward to where this goes.

And we got a new trinity, with goddess, man of steel and knight included.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I like this quite a bit. This might bow my favorite one to come out of No Justice.