Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

it's also one of the best, if not the best showing of Darkseid in the last ten years (yes, above Darkseid War) and I'll be very sad when it'll end or when the next big event will impact it, ebcause Abnett took a seriously doomed story and made it great. I'm not happy with all the choices he took, but I think that the Odyssey is nonetheless an absolute must-read for fans of the DC Cosmic turf.

I only recently realized that Orion has been in this series. Can someone give a brief recap of his role in this book and if it's a significant enough appearance? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I only recently realized that Orion has been in this series. Can someone give a brief recap of his role in this book and if it's a significant enough appearance? Thanks!
    spoilers:
    Basically, when the original team is defeated, we discover a guy named okkult trying to find living New Gods to fight - turns out its Orion hidden from the Eskaton, a cosmic entity devouring New Gods. orion's cool in it, but he isn't the center piece and at times he's sort of a comic relief? At least I read it like that. Other times, he's very much the only one seeing how dangerous Darkseid really is. Also, he doesn't believe in Perpetua's existence or threat to all that is. Considering that they are currently outside the Mutiverse it's also possible that Orion is right and that Darkseid is the bigger threat. And that the book won't be affected by Death Metal.
    end of spoilers

Basically, he has had a significant role in the last seven or so issues ? Perhaps even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    I've thoroughly enjoyed it. The best comparison I can think of is that its Abnett doing to DC Cosmic what he did for Marvel Cosmic back in the Annihilation Days.
    That's surprising. I haven't been impressed by any of his solo work. His Titans in particular were absolutely atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    That's surprising. I haven't been impressed by any of his solo work. His Titans in particular were absolutely atrocious.
    I think that the basis of the Titans were really not good for him. Here he's done some really awesome things and I somehow hope that the JLO will be able to forge ahead for quite some time still. I don't think it will, but it should !

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I think It'll be concluded in the coming months, but you'll have had 25+ issues when it'll happen where Jes gets to shine, really. It's totally worth it.
    Do you think DC will do something with Jess after it ends? I know they have a ton of Earth Lanterns, but Jess is fantastic. That's why I kinda never picked up Odyssey. I was afraid it would get canceled and toss Jess into no man's land.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I think cosmic stuff is his niche.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Do you think DC will do something with Jess after it ends? I know they have a ton of Earth Lanterns, but Jess is fantastic. That's why I kinda never picked up Odyssey. I was afraid it would get canceled and toss Jess into no man's land.
    If you like Jess than this is the book for you. She’s center stage.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Hopefully she ends up on another JL team, or maybe the Titans (Kyle was a Titan recently, and he's older than Jess, so she's young enough for Nightwing's team if the JL no longer want her). I also wonder if they'll launch two more GL books (a Green Lantern relaunch and a GL Corps book?) when the current two - The Green Lantern Season Two and Far Sector - end. If so, she obviously could be in one of those.

I'd be shocked if Jess just gets dropped considering DC Super Hero Girls and one of the animated movies have used her.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

JUSTICE LEAGUE ODYSSEY #25
    written by DAN ABNETT
    art by WILL CONRAD
    cover by LADRÖNN
    variant cover by SKAN
    ON SALE 10/13/20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    FINAL ISSUE
    Final issue! The Justice League’s intergalactic team of Green Lantern Jessica Cruz, Orion of the New Gods, Red Lantern Dex-Starr, and New Teen Titans Starfire and Cyborg make a final stand against Darkseid in a battle that reshapes the cosmic landscape across every sector of space!

Hopefully there will be a new cosmic DC team soon. I liked the overall concept, but DC totally killed this book's momentum at launch. I'm glad people enjoyed and it had such a long run even then.

Of note, Starfire and Cyborg will immediately join Nightwing's Death Metal Justice League team.

Interesting that the solicit doesn't mention Azrael, Blackfire, and Gamma Knife.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post

JUSTICE LEAGUE ODYSSEY #25
    written by DAN ABNETT
    art by WILL CONRAD
    cover by LADRÖNN
    variant cover by SKAN
    ON SALE 10/13/20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    FINAL ISSUE
    Final issue! The Justice League’s intergalactic team of Green Lantern Jessica Cruz, Orion of the New Gods, Red Lantern Dex-Starr, and New Teen Titans Starfire and Cyborg make a final stand against Darkseid in a battle that reshapes the cosmic landscape across every sector of space!
    It's official folks. Cyborg is a Titan again .

(Poor Jean-Paul doesn't make it to the final issue solicit).

That's been clear since this book started. Starfire and Cyborg called each other old friends. In New 52, they didn't know each other, as Vic was always with the Justice League and Kori was with Red Hood, then on her own (she actually had a solo book), then in the Rebirth era Teen Titans. So how did they know each other? From the New Teen Titans.

Wonder if that description refers to Cyborg's Titans backstory in general, or him going back to being a Titans member. Wouldn't that be seen as a downgrade for him, despite that he generally comes off better with the Titans than the JL.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's been clear since this book started. Starfire and Cyborg called each other old friends. In New 52, they didn't know each other, as Vic was always with the Justice League and Kori was with Red Hood, then on her own (she actually had a solo book), then in the Rebirth era Teen Titans. So how did they know each other? From the New Teen Titans.
    DC's been vague about it for a while now. This is probably the most explicit DC has officially been about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Wonder if that refers to his Titans backstory in general, or him going back to being a Titans member. Wouldn't that be seen as a downgrade for him, despite that he generally comes off better with the Titans than the JL.
    I think it's just backstory since it's just used as blanket way of describing him and Starfire together.