Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

The preview for issue 8 hint's at some big reveals and actions; it seems !

Spectacular Member

For a moment I was invested and forgot it was a preview. Looking forward to the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    The preview for issue 8 hint's at some big reveals and actions; it seems !
    Damn. Is Conrad already off the book?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Damn. Is Conrad already off the book?
    So it seems. It's so sad that this book can't have a steady artist, because I really think it would elevate it a lot. I mean, the story's awesome I find, and it should be as hyped as JLD, but the constant artistic changes are weakening the whole thing.

No reaction for yesterday issue ?

I felt that it was really a great issue, mostly for what it's setting up moreso than the actual action on the pages. But some moments are seriously creepy (Azrael's speech, the way Kory smiled at Jess at one point, even Cyborg being on board with Darkseid with a twist...).

But for the life of me, I can't say if it's done to just make her see how Jess sees things and share her conclusions, or to make us believe that she's right to be worried only to be revealed in the wrong later on.

I felt that it was really a great issue, mostly for what it's setting up moreso than the actual action on the pages. But some moments are seriously creepy (Azrael's speech, the way Kory smiled at Jess at one point, even Cyborg being on board with Darkseid with a twist...).

But for the life of me, I can't say if it's done to just make her see how Jess sees things and share her conclusions, or to make us believe that she's right to be worried only to be revealed in the wrong later on.
    Yeah it was a really strong issue. Cyborg had some awesome moments. I agree that they are acting very odd. It could definitely be misdirection from Abnett but it was creepy how the 3 feel right in line. I would be very suspicious too if I were Jessica. I already know the answer to her question. She definitely does not have enough energy left to take out the other members. We all know how strong Kory is and the display Cyborg put on in this issue shows how crazy powerful he can be. Maybe at full ring strength and if she caught them by surprise but she’s very depleted.

Astonishing Member

Darkseid has them low key under mind control. I also get the impression that Azarel may be possessed by Darkseid. The artist went out of the way not to show his face this issue.

Azrael's "voice" reminded me of the anti-life equation. So yeah, i think the 3 are definitely under Darkseid's control.

Ok, so...did Vic boomtube the ship to his location? If so, is that a thing that's been done before?

Also, Vic did have some pretty cool feats.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    Ok, so...did Vic boomtube the ship to his location? If so, is that a thing that's been done before?

Also, Vic did have some pretty cool feats.
    Yeah, he boom-tubed them to him. And I don't think that's ever been done by anyone before.

It was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Yeah, he boom-tubed them to him. And I don't think that's ever been done by anyone before.

It was pretty cool.
    Oh, so it was the upgrade ! Somehow, I didn't realized that we had never seen a boom tube opened to bring things to the one opening it. That's pretty badass in fact !

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post

It was pretty cool.
    Oh, so it was the upgrade ! Somehow, I didn't realized that we had never seen a boom tube opened to bring things to the one opening it. That's pretty badass in fact !
    Well then, to Dan Abnett I say: Thank you.

The feats showcased here are the best Cyborg has ever had. It's great to see him pretty much unleashed. Going cosmic really opens the door to what he should be able to do.

Also, looks like Will Conrad is back on art with #11.
    Last edited by Iconic; 05-10-2019 at 05:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I plan to pick up the first trade on this soon. Long time JPV fan, read his whole 100 issue 90s run.

Is this series doing well? Continued or Cancelled at #12?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

As far as I know, there is no plan of cancelling it any time soon. But I don't know if it's doing so well, changes in the artists and then the writers have killed its momentum a little.

As far as I know, there is no plan of cancelling it any time soon. But I don't know if it's doing so well, changes in the artists and then the writers have killed its momentum a little.
    Yeah it stumbled right out of the gate with the rewrites and I don’t think it ever found it’s footing. Abnett’s issues have been great but the art has been hit or miss (last issue had really good art).