Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Solid start but missing a character or two.
    I don't know...I rather like having a smaller team. It allows more focus on characters as well as world building. As much as I enjoy JL right now, it has to jump around so much just to keep other characters involved.

I'm already interested in Cyborg and want to see him unleash. I'm not very familiar with Starfire and this book seems like a good place to see her get some quality focus. I expect some other guests to pop in and out though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    And we got a new trinity, with goddess, man of steel and knight included.
    I was just thinking about that too, there's definitely hints that these three characters could possibly represent a new trinity, which would be a big deal since it's effecting the the cosmic universe at large.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    I don't know...I rather like having a smaller team. It allows more focus on characters as well as world building. As much as I enjoy JL right now, it has to jump around so much just to keep other characters involved.
    Team books these days seem to struggle with just six characters.

It seems like writers are much better off with just smaller, condensed, teams.

All-New Member

Question:

At the beginning of the issue Jessica mentions she was assigned to patrol the "Ghost Sector" by the Guardians on Oa.
    By my understanding Oa was destroyed and Mogo is currently the Corps/Guardians headquarters.
    Am I missing something? Is this a goof? What's going on?!?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I really dug this issue. They got a fun collection of characters and a great hook. I hope the creative rejiggering is worth losing Sejic on art because he is the best thing about the book so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Rated-R-Ron View Post
    Question:

At the beginning of the issue Jessica mentions she was assigned to patrol the "Ghost Sector" by the Guardians on Oa.
    By my understanding Oa was destroyed and Mogo is currently the Corps/Guardians headquarters.
    Am I missing something? Is this a goof? What's going on?!?
    Could that be something to do with Green Lanterns 56 and 57?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, it was probably only a matter of time before Oa came back.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Those 2 issues haven't come out yet so if Oa comes back into play we don't know that yet, also if you take into account JLO #1 has been delayed by several months due to art then when this written Oa wasn't in the picture at all.
    In the current GL arc up to #55 Oa was never mentioned, just that Mogo has been infiltrated, under attack and was going through a severe weather storm.
    Is Oa still functional in current continuity at all?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...gue-odyssey-1/

This gives some hints as it were to plot changes

Also, apparently Sejic is unfortunately only doing #1-2 interiors followed by just cover work on the book
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post

Also, apparently Sejic is unfortunately only doing #1-2 interiors followed by just cover work on the book

DC always ruining a good things. Literally the one title I was hyped for and waiting for. The art is so on point and now after two issues thats going to be gone. Good lord DC.

If this Bleeding cool leak is true as it appears to be from the images. I like some elements and dislike others. I believe the initially story flows much better with what Snyder was doing and is a little less random than what we ultimately got. I like that the team banded together and ultimately prevailed against a threat. I love that there were real stakes and this seemed like a good old action packed first issue that would hook you in. I love that they are FINALLY using the Darkseid and Cyborg connection.

I do not like Cyborg getting ripped a part and shredded, it happens far too much. I've ranted about this for several occasions about how it belittles the character. Even tho the art looks great and he assuringly gets a great feats out of it. DC's gone to this well far too many times and it does Cyborg no favors.

Also seeing Cyborg and Starfire together. I didn't realize how much I missed that friendship.

Anyway DC gets my hopes up only to dash them ... business as usual. I guess I'll enjoy this as long as it lasts. (Also JLO team if you're reading this, how much would it cost me to get the original issue? I'll pay for the commission if needed.)
    Last edited by Jabare; 10-01-2018 at 04:10 PM.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

This sounded a little badass. Yeah yeah sure, Cyborg got ripped apart. But he reformed and attacked Despero, Akira-style with tentacles? Sounds fun. Which is something fans always whine about not being.
    Last edited by Raijin; 09-30-2018 at 11:26 AM.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    DC always ruining a good things. Literally the one title I was hyped for and waiting for. The art is so on point and now after two issues thats going to be gone. Good lord DC.

If this Bleeding cool leak is true as it appears to be from the images. I like some elements and dislike others. I believe the initially story flows much better with wha tSnyder was doing and is a little less random than what we ultimately got. I like that the team banded together and ultimately prevailed against a threat. I love that there were real stakes and this seemed like a good old acorn packed first issue that would hook you in. I love that they are FINALLY using the Darkseid and Cyborg connection.

I do not like Cyborg getting ripped a part and shredded it happens far too much. I've ranted about this for several occasions about how it belittles the character. Event ho the art looks great and he assuringly gets a great feats out of it. DC's gone to this well far too many times and it does Cyborg no favors.

Also seeing Cyborg and Starfire together. I didn't realize how much I missed that friendship.

Anyway DC gets my hopes up only to dash them ... business as usual. I guess I'll enjoy this as long as it lasts. (Also JLO team if you're reading this, how much would it cost me to get the original issue? I'll pay for the commission if needed.)
    Well, Sejic is on the forum, but I don't think he can actually disclose the art, D.C. probably is not too hot on the first two original issues of JLO getting out, one way or another. And frankly, gazing over that BC article, I fail to see why it had to be redrawn and changed so drastically.

Well I preferred what we got in issue #1. The scope ended up being grander than what a bunch of flashbacks would have given us.

I still wish Sejic could’ve stayed on, but it doesn’t dampen my enthusiasm at all.

The idea of DC scrapping a few issues because they possibly confirmed Cyborg was a Titan in the current continuity sounds ridiculous...but the kind of ridiculous I've come to expect with DC .

A shame to have to lose Sejic over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The idea of DC scrapping a few issues because they possibly confirmed Cyborg was a Titan in the current continuity sounds ridiculous...but the kind of ridiculous I've come to expect with DC .

A shame to have to lose Sejic over this.
    Oh the horror of calling a character famous for being a Titan a Titan!