Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I remember they said at a retreat they decided to go in a different direction so in order to stay aligned they had the issues redrawn. So I believe it was less continuity problems and more like they came up with something new after the fact and made the changes.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

So this is the young reborn Darkseid that WW fought correct? Although older than when ww left him.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    I remember they said at a retreat they decided to go in a different direction so in order to stay aligned they had the issues redrawn. So I believe it was less continuity problems and more like they came up with something new after the fact and made the changes.
    Oh but I'm sure it does have something to do with the supposed New Teen Titans flashbacks. DC just can't seem to make up their mind about them.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    So this is the young reborn Darkseid that WW fought correct? Although older than when ww left him.
    Yes it is. Though I think about the same age as when we saw him last in Wonder Woman? After he defeated Zeus.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

hopefully this lasts long enough to gain a big following.
    Prediction: Darkseid will betray the group sooner or later.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    DC always ruining a good things. Literally the one title I was hyped for and waiting for. The art is so on point and now after two issues thats going to be gone. Good lord DC.

If this Bleeding cool leak is true as it appears to be from the images. I like some elements and dislike others. I believe the initially story flows much better with wha tSnyder was doing and is a little less random than what we ultimately got. I like that the team banded together and ultimately prevailed against a threat. I love that there were real stakes and this seemed like a good old acorn packed first issue that would hook you in. I love that they are FINALLY using the Darkseid and Cyborg connection.

I do not like Cyborg getting ripped a part and shredded it happens far too much. I've ranted about this for several occasions about how it belittles the character. Event ho the art looks great and he assuringly gets a great feats out of it. DC's gone to this well far too many times and it does Cyborg no favors.

Also seeing Cyborg and Starfire together. I didn't realize how much I missed that friendship.

Anyway DC gets my hopes up only to dash them ... business as usual. I guess I'll enjoy this as long as it lasts. (Also JLO team if you're reading this, how much would it cost me to get the original issue? I'll pay for the commission if needed.)
    Tell me about it, after reading the script of the original issue, I'm glad the editor put the breaks on it. Cyborg getting dismantled again?! In the first freaking issue?! Face palm worthy.

The current issue we got was leagues better than this madness, but seeing as it's the same writer that did both, I am a bit more concerned on Cyborg's portrayal now then before, and especially with Sejic leaving the book, this book can't afford to have any mistakes.

Loved seeing Cyborg show his Mother Box ability and finally exploring his connections to the New Gods. Being able to fly Brainiac’s ship and process all of his data potentially puts him on the same level as the greatest computer mind in the universe. I know a lot of Titans traditionalist are against the idea of a Cyborg/Starfire relationship but I’d be all for it. She’s not currently dating Nightwing and we can’t expect her to just wait around until he makes up his mind. Plus a relationship between these two would definitely make headlines. Not that I would want it to happen just as an attention getter. It needs to be handled right.

Love the idea of the Ghost Sector. DC desperately needs to develop its cosmic mythology beyond Green Lantern. I hope this book continues long enough for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Loved seeing Cyborg show his Mother Box ability and finally exploring his connections to the New Gods. Being able to fly Brainiac’s ship and process all of his data potentially puts him on the same level as the greatest computer mind in the universe. I know a lot of Titans traditionalist are against the idea of a Cyborg/Starfire relationship but I’d be all for it. She’s not currently dating Nightwing and we can’t expect her to just wait around until he makes up his mind. Plus a relationship between these two would definitely make headlines. Not that I would want it to happen just as an attention getter. It needs to be handled right.

Love the idea of the Ghost Sector. DC desperately needs to develop its cosmic mythology beyond Green Lantern. I hope this book continues long enough for that to happen.
    Vic's and Kory's interactions where soo sweet and spoke of a lot of trust. I would not be opposed to a romantic relationship between these two.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

I don't know

In Red Hood and The Outlaws, she was in a relationship with Roy

Why does she have to be passed off to another Titan teammate?

What about writers setting her up with a man that she didn't work with?
    what about a fellow alien?

or maybe not focus on her romantic life

there can be some great storylines with her fighting slavery,saving people's lives. and making new allies and friends
    Last edited by Starrius; 10-03-2018 at 10:32 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Swapped out some books I brought twice, and picked this up on the strength of Sejic being on art. I liked it, but I’ll most likely only get the issues he draws. Unless they add an artist or some characters I actually care about.
    #MagnetoWasRight

Better keep your fingers crossed for Cyborg and Starfire.

Vic wasn't in the latest Justice League and rumor is he won't be in future issues.

As for Starfire so far so good first Title I've really enjoyed with her in many years. Not a fan of how they treated her in Red Hood's book or current Teen Titans.

Wish DC didn't drop the ball with Sejic he's so good.
    The J-man

enjoy this last issue of great art
    The J-man

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Wait, is Seijic leaving? I thought he was just redrawing the next few issues.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Wait, is Seijic leaving? I thought he was just redrawing the next few issues.
    he's doing the cover art but he\\according to the solicits he's off after this issue. I think DC annoyed him after making him redraw issues 1 & 2 for no good reason. Double check but I'm pretty sure another artist is solicited for issues #3 though #9
    The J-man

Fantastic Member

No, DC approved his pitch to his own Black Label book during the time he was making the new first two issues. DC did not annoy him. He’s explained this many times that this has happened before to him

And he is not the only good artist at DC LMAO