Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

This story looks great!

I enjoy Sejic's art but he's not the only great artist out there. He helped get this series off to a fantastic start and I can't wait to see where this goes. Thankfully we'll still have his amazing covers.

Why are you all trying to make some debate about him being the only great artist?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Why are you all trying to make some debate about him being the only great artist?
    Speaking for myself, that's not my intent. But there are those on here and other sites that treat the loss of Sejic as doom and gloom. As if there aren't other capable artists out there capable of running with the ball just as well.

I'm also amped up about finally delving into Vic's mother box connection. About time!
    Last edited by Iconic; 10-23-2018 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    Speaking for myself, that's not my intent. But there are those on here and other sites that treat the loss of Sejic as doom and gloom. As if there aren't other capable artists out there capable of running with the ball just as well.

I'm also amped up about finally delving into Vic's mother box connection. About time!
    Seijec is superior to the artist replacing him on the next 7 issues (if that artist remains). However, Philippe Briones goes from very good to serviceable. I find Seijec to be a more consistent artist, but Briones is fine. This book is in trouble because DC delayed it for over 2 months after they did a decent job of marketing the initial release. They haven't marketed this book well after the very long delay. There is very little chatter at the moment and books like this that I tend to support get screwed. But hey that's jus the I will keep my negative opinions to myself. Hope y'all enjoy.
    The J-man

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Seijec is superior to the artist replacing him on the next 7 issues (if that artist remains). However, Philippe Briones goes from very good to serviceable. I find Seijec to be a more consistent artist, but Briones is fine. This book is in trouble because DC delayed it for over 2 months after they did a decent job of marketing the initial release. They haven't marketed this book well after the very long delay. There is very little chatter at the moment and books like this that I tend to support get screwed. But hey that's jus the I will keep my negative opinions to myself. Hope y'all enjoy.
    1. The next 7 issues have even been solicited,and Briones is off by 4. And Briones is great when paired with a great colorist.
    2. There has been tons of marketing for this book, just because you haven’t heard chatter in your circle doesn’t mean there hasn’t been marketing.
    3. The book is fine, it has a hiccup at the beginning but it chugging its way through now.
    4. As a fan of Sejic, he is not consistent. He frequently alternates from great to just ok! The latter seems to be his work on JLO.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Wait, when did Green Lantern Batman happen? Is this supposed to be a flashback to Darkseid War?

(I love Kori's hair in this).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wait, when did Green Lantern Batman happen? Is this supposed to be a flashback to Darkseid War?

(I love Kori's hair in this).
    Yes, it's one of the final scenes of Darkseid War, when Hal gave Bruce his ring to get him out of the Mobius Chair.

Default Justice League Odyssey #2

Issue #2 had no right to be as good as it was.

It's just so refreshing to be getting a totally new story without it being as predictable as most other books. I have no idea where this all leads and I love it. The art again is amazing.

It's great how each character matters and they're treated that way on page. I need this twice monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    Issue #2 had no right to be as good as it was.

It's just so refreshing to be getting a totally new story without it being as predictable as most other books. I have no idea where this all leads and I love it. The art again is amazing.

It's great how each character matters and they're treated that way on page. I need this twice monthly.
    Of all the Characters in this book, Darkseid strikes me as the most interesting- His Very Presence in the Book is an enigma and his whole role is intriguing to me because I don't see Darkseid working with Vic Stone unless he has some kind of an Agenda.

Totally Agreed though, this needs a Twice Monthly schedule
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    1. The next 7 issues have even been solicited,and Briones is off by 4. And Briones is great when paired with a great colorist.
    2. There has been tons of marketing for this book, just because you haven’t heard chatter in your circle doesn’t mean there hasn’t been marketing.
    3. The book is fine, it has a hiccup at the beginning but it chugging its way through now.
    4. As a fan of Sejic, he is not consistent. He frequently alternates from great to just ok! The latter seems to be his work on JLO.
    the book hasn't been marketed the same as it was initially as I said. The initial marketing was great. Seijec has largely been outstanding and consistent for DC
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    I wasn't aware of the art change starting at #5 til now. Carmine Di Giandomenico on art is a winner! This book will definitely maintain quality.

This was a bit dull for me. Big fan of Sejic but art seemed rushed and not up to par with his usual work. Having to redraw the book killed the quality.

Still dissapointing that we already have a new artist next issue. Not a great start
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Damn, Williamson and Sejic were a duo made in Heaven, I hope the story will manage to keep the momentum it has, because it's awesome. Somehow, it makes me really envious of The Witching Hour, because I would like very much a five part crossover to give us more info on the Ghost Sector and all that.

Always Rakzo

I love this. It will definitely be a damn shame once that Sejic leaves the title because he has truly brought life to these characters and story but Williamson deserves a lot of credit for creating one of the best portrayals of Cyborg I've seen recently due that he's finally depicted as a strong and competent leader, even characters like Azrael are far from the docile versions that James Tynion IV tried to sell and instead he's presented here as ambitious, kinda dangerous and much more interesting.

Hope the following artists are able to deliver a good job but so far, this is really good still.

Finally a Titans book I enjoy