Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

I love Seijec on art. And I would never give him flack on these issues considering he had to redraw them both on short notice. Even with the delays thats hell on an artist
    The J-man

Fantastic Member

It's not this I'm giving him flack for. His DC work in general has been rough outside of covers and not to his full potential

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    It's not this I'm giving him flack for. His DC work in general has been rough outside of covers and not to his full potential
    I thought a lot of his Aquaman issues were simply gorgeous .

Astonishing Member

Tbh, I’d prefer Giandomenico’s more kinetic style for this book because while Sejic may look good, his action scene totally are kind of awful. And this looser style that he uses for big two puts him in the same league as the rest of the big two house artist.
    Eh completely disagree, Sejic style completely leans towards an odsessy sci fi approach and it's seen in these pass few issues. Giandomenico style is way too blocky and definitely way looser than what Sejic puts on. Plus Sejic still reigns as one of the best in terms of concept designing which is extremely necessary for space, Giandomenico fits along the standard comic book concept designing which is normally generic and tied to classical appraoches. His style fits along the cartoony style that leans more towards Marvel art style, but it's definitely not what's needed for a space Odyssey like this.
    Last edited by leo619; 11-02-2018 at 09:04 AM.

To each their own, but I completely disagree. I think Sejic's DC issues are very likely the best looking DC issues since Rebirth started. If that is him not up to his full potential, then his mediocre effort is still better than any other artist at DC.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    To each their own, but I completely disagree. I think Sejic's DC issues are very likely the best looking DC issues since Rebirth started. If that is him not up to his full potential, then his mediocre effort is still better than any other artist at DC.
    Amen brother I just love his style. Easily in my top 4, but the only one who is truly unique out of the regular DC stable.
    The J-man

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    With as many fantastic artist as DC has had seen Rebirth started, I cannot even put his DC work in the top 10. I have to really question your metrics and taste is that’s the best you’ve seen.

Hell, Jorge Jimenez is doing fucking laps around him on JL right now. And Joelle Jones also on Batman and Catwoman.

With as many fantastic artist as DC has had seen Rebirth started, I cannot even put his DC work in the top 10. I have to really question your metrics and taste is that’s the best you’ve seen.

Hell, Jorge Jimenez is doing fucking laps around him on JL right now. And Joelle Jones also on Batman and Catwoman.
    That’s just a matter of taste as their styles are pretty different. I like some of Jimenez’s work but sometimes he gets too cartoony for my taste. I really didn’t like his Cheetah. Kinda too cutesy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought a lot of his Aquaman issues were simply gorgeous .
    I did too, but I also really like the roughness of his work on JL Odyssey. I don't care about the reason for it; I just find it aesthetically pleasing. Maybe even more than the more beautiful work on Aquaman. Both are wonderful.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    That’s just a matter of taste as their styles are pretty different. I like some of Jimenez’s work but sometimes he gets too cartoony for my taste. I really didn’t like his Cheetah. Kinda too cutesy.
    I’d have to question your taste at that point tbh. Too cartoony as a complaint versus the guy who can only do three faces and bad action choreography. And I LOVE Sejic. Just don’t think he’s near the best DC has to offer.
    Last edited by ross61; 11-04-2018 at 05:07 PM.

The variant cover for JLO #8 by Tony Infanti has leaked, and it's gorgeous !

Also, I can't seem to find the preview for issue 8, but it seems the Odyssey will have to team with Darkseid for good, at least temporarily.

Spectacular Member

I’d have to question your taste at that point tbh. Too cartoony as a complaint versus the guy who can only do three faces and bad action choreography. And I LOVE Sejic. Just don’t think he’s near the best DC has to offer.
    Sorry, got to go with the other poster, IMO, I think he’s put out some of the best dc artwork out there now. As a huge Aquaman fan, I was thrilled when we landed him, just disappointed he didn’t have a longer run.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by soccerguy951 View Post
    Sorry, got to go with the other poster, IMO, I think he’s put out some of the best dc artwork out there now. As a huge Aquaman fan, I was thrilled when we landed him, just disappointed he didn’t have a longer run.
    Agreed, and it's funny as the only one that has an issue with his artwork is one person here, and yet he's the one questioning other people's taste when we really should be questioning his taste.

Also agreed about the cartoony aspect, I prefer a more realistic approach which Sejic painting style leans towards.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Agreed, and it's funny as the only one that has an issue with his artwork is one person here, and yet he's the one questioning other people's taste when we really should be questioning his taste.

Also agreed about the cartoony aspect, I prefer a more realistic approach which Sejic painting style leans towards.
    One's taste should never have to be questioned in the first place. It's perfectly fine that he doesn't see what you see in his artwork and vice versa.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    One's taste should never have to be questioned in the first place. It's perfectly fine that he doesn't see what you see in his artwork and vice versa.
    Oh I completely agree, I just find it funny that he's questioning the taste here when he's the only one in the thread that shares this opinion, while the overwhelming majority of readers thoroughly enjoy his work here.