Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

The preview for this week's issue of JLO.

I'm not too fond of the art in those splash pages, but it's perhaps just the change of artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    The preview for this week's issue of JLO.

I'm not too fond of the art in those splash pages, but it's perhaps just the change of artist.
    Damn. They downgraded Cyborg’s look again. I fewred other artists weren’t going to be able to keep up with Sejic’s design. Looks like that’s what is happening. He’s back to his generic robot look.

Spectacular Member

Every time Cyborg gets an upgrade, the next person just has to revert him back roborg. Don't you just wish the original artists could just stay on these books so we would no longer have these problems?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Damn. They downgraded Cyborg’s look again. I fewred other artists weren’t going to be able to keep up with Sejic’s design. Looks like that’s what is happening. He’s back to his generic robot look.
    And this is exactly what I was afraid of when the artist came in. Sejic came in with perhaps the most modern design but you know classic artist want to return him to that old school buick look.

It also doesn't help that the artwork is overall bad in those pages, when a few characters riding on those bikes having a severe case of big head syndrome that you unlock in video games.

The writing is the only thing keep the book afloat for me sadly, so I really hope he stays on his game. This book started out so strong that I hate to see it floundering like this.

That emblem is much bigger. I can't judge his look right now. It's just not showing enough yet. I do enjoy the art though.

Is that his look from his solo book?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Having read the issue, I'm actually quite hyped for what comes next.

spoilers:
    For a start, Jean-Peau is on track to be a lot more likeable, which is great, because he came out as kind of an ass, in some earlier issues. Here, he clearly prove that he's a hero at heart, when he loses it and strike at Rapture for having slaughtered a whole world believing that it was what he wanted and promoted.

The Darkseid plot is also revealed and it ties in perfectly with what happens in JL, which is great. I really like how ominous and yet active he gets here. he isn't just Darkseid Is yet, but I think I find it more interesting anyway. The Other Box may sounds silly at first, but why not ? I mean, we have Mother and Father Boxes, so such a unique Box can exist, I'm willing to see more of it. It also explains really well why the Coluans shrank those worlds - they wanted to prevent Darkseid from gaining such power, if needed. However, it raises the question of why he didn't raid Colu and those worlds long before to boost his armies and crush Neo Genesis. I guess he couldn't, for whatever reason.

My only complain about this book is that I would love to spend more time on each world, so each character could get to know more about them and why they are whorshipped here. But the ending hints at some more danger for the team, even as the rest of the Multiverse is tilting toward annihilation.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is that his look from his solo book?
    Nah. This is a definitely a new look

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Having read the issue, I'm actually quite hyped for what comes next.

spoilers:
    For a start, Jean-Peau is on track to be a lot more likeable, which is great, because he came out as kind of an ass, in some earlier issues. Here, he clearly prove that he's a hero at heart, when he loses it and strike at Rapture for having slaughtered a whole world believing that it was what he wanted and promoted.

The Darkseid plot is also revealed and it ties in perfectly with what happens in JL, which is great. I really like how ominous and yet active he gets here. he isn't just Darkseid Is yet, but I think I find it more interesting anyway. The Other Box may sounds silly at first, but why not ? I mean, we have Mother and Father Boxes, so such a unique Box can exist, I'm willing to see more of it. It also explains really well why the Coluans shrank those worlds - they wanted to prevent Darkseid from gaining such power, if needed. However, it raises the question of why he didn't raid Colu and those worlds long before to boost his armies and crush Neo Genesis. I guess he couldn't, for whatever reason.

My only complain about this book is that I would love to spend more time on each world, so each character could get to know more about them and why they are whorshipped here. But the ending hints at some more danger for the team, even as the rest of the Multiverse is tilting toward annihilation.
    end of spoilers

Agreed, while the art definitely took a major nose dive for me (Looking at you cyborg clunky costume), the story definitely makes up for it. The intrigue listed here is awesome, and as long as this continues, I can stick around.

I've read issue 5 again, and I think that JLO may be shaping to actually do a huge favor to Darkseid. Too often, he has oscillated between that over-powerful God of Evil, terrible but lacking in depth and a distant threat, somewhat, or an all-powerful brute and conqueror. I feel that JLO is truly setting him up as one of the première threats in the Universe, and that's great.

I really want them to do a bit more with Jessica. Can she charge her ring in Ghost Sector? Does Jessica still talk to her ring and does it still give her snark when she does? I remember when Darkseid was kind of ticked that she showed up at the beginning, does that mean she can throw a wrench in his plans because she is an unknown quantity?

Overall I am liking JLO so far and really curious to see where it goes. I want to see Blackfire show up too, it adds an interesting dynamic to have a fairly powerful villain whose intentions don't exactly line up with Darkseid's. I know he was surprised to find Blackfire at all. He did do a good job of talking is way around her with the "deal" but obviously with his intention to conquer Ghost Sector and create New Apocalypse there is a good chance Darkseid and Blackfire will be enemies before this series ends.

Seems they've updated the solicit for JL Odyssey #6 to kick off a new arc:

"The shocking truth about the Ghost Sector, and why Brainiac hid these planets away for so long, is finally revealed!" reads DC's new solicitation. "But before the Odyssey team can take action, a catastrophic event rocks the Ghost Sector. All this, and a decidedly hostile welcome from Queen Komand'r, better known as Starfire's sister, Blackfire!"

It's news to me that Dan Abnett is the new writer. Looking forward to what he brings.

Ya, what happen there.

So i bought the new issue and when I got off the metro I left it there. Didn't even get to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    So i bought the new issue and when I got off the metro I left it there. Didn't even get to read it.
    Damn Any hope to find it ?