THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Action Comics issue #1003 preview

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Perry's desk is pretty funny, and potentially holds some pretty big info for future events. I'm fairly sure that the multiple Red Tornado pitches that we've seen (Black Label Red Tornado and the Red Tornado children's book) are jokes, but I wouldn't put it past Bendis to be hinting at an actual project for his imprint. However, I think the real meat may be in the Leviathan "mystery event" pitch on the desk.

As you read on you'll see that it seems to say " in the wake of Action 1007." This is also further substantiated by it saying that Clark Kent, Lois Lane, and Jimmy Olsen will be going undercover (Lois' name is obscured.) And it ends with "who watches the watchmen."

So, I suppose be on the look on during NY CC because Bendis did say he'd be dropping some announcements, and a Superman/Daily Planet mystery event could be one of them....

Edit: Just reread more of the Leviathan pitch, and it mentions "something or someone is *blank* is taking out all of the secret organizations in the DC universe." Kobra Kult and the DEO are the first to go. And the funny thing is that Bendis pretty transparently said that he'd very soon be doing a big story with all of the various secret organizations around the DCU in a recent interview.

So this seems like Bendis just legitimately teased us his first big event, and it's gonna apparently be a Daily Planet lead (that's Clark, Lois, and Jimmy) mystery event spinning out of Action Comics issue #1007.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 09-24-2018 at 06:13 AM.

BANNED

Hmm, perhaps this issue is a flash forward and 1004 is the flashback?

Whatever happened it seems STAR labs is once again involved. Is Lois working with them in some capacity? Remember, this is the issue where the solicit says "and what is Lois Lane doing with Lex Luthor?" She seems to be getting a lot of trusted big brains together for something.

This all has to fold back into what went on in space with Jon and Jor-El, and the thing that's too dangerous to tell Clark. I'm so interested in what Lois has cooking in the background of all this.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Whoo, I forgot we had Paquette on this one. So good.

I wouldn’t claim Bendis to be a manga fan but between some of the scene cues and some jokes, like the grocery store list organization, it’s something I consider.

Oh, and I won’t ignore “who’s” when they have three editors listed lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Especially when it's so... emboldened

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Especially when it's so... emboldened
    What do you guys mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    What do you guys mean?
    Candy says: I don't care who's niece or mistress you are.

Who's is a contraction for who is or who has.

Whose is possessive.

So you would say, for example, "Whose comic is this?"

Or "Who's going to the comic book store?"

So Candy should be saying: I don't care whose niece or mistress you are.

Lol oh! Didn't even catch that