Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

not sure i follow the logic there.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    not sure i follow the logic there.
    Characters need to be used in order to develop. If you write an arc that revolves around Metallo for example, that’s going to make the character deeper than having him just be a henchman for Lex. Supes Rogues Gallery is perceived as weak because only three villains have gotten attention to themselves lately: Lex (who was basically the co-star of Superman Rebirth), Brainiac (who seems to be getting poached for the JL in general), and Doomsday (who sucks and seriously needs a break which he thankfully seems to be getting).

Parasite hasn’t done anything meaningful in decades. Metallo is the same. Mxy got Reborn at least to show off his range. Toyman and Livewire have had a cameo in Bendis’ runs. I wish Jurgens had brought Conduit back instead of Henshaw or used Blanque more. Only villain I can think of that’s had a good showing has been Manchester Black in Black Dawn which I enjoyed.
    Last edited by Vordan; 10-01-2018 at 06:19 PM.

Master Hero Vladimir

I don't think Lex should be put on the back burner. In fact, I liked his status as a hero in Rebirth and wished he would have continued being a hero, even if he is only doing it to step out of Superman's shadow. In my opinion, Lex's return to villainy was hamfisted and rushed in The Oz Effect and No Justice. It's like DC thought "Yeah, Lex can be interesting and likeable as a good guy, but people like him better as a bad guy, so..." and within the blink of an eye, Lex is back to being a bad guy. A heroic Lex was a good, interesting direction to take the characters in because he was working hard to let go of his grudge towards Superman, to let go of a long-cherished belief that no longer served him. That's a very human feeling that a lot of people can relate to. Instead, Lex returns to villainy simply as a way to reinforce the status quo. Lex's redemption would have been a good way to validate Superman's mission, that story meant that Superman had accepted that one of his worst enemies can find inner goodness, let go of his past and become a better person. I would have preferred Lex to remain as one of the good guys for the foreseeable future, but I'm willing to accept Lex's return to villainy as long as DC and Warner do something new and interesting with him.