View Poll Results: How do you most clearly see Bizarro?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • A hero: Bizarro is ultimately part of Superman's family

3 14.29%
  • A villain: Bizarro is ultimately part of Superman's rogues gallery

3 14.29%
  • A hybrid: Bizarro is ultimately both hero and villain

4 19.05%
  • A mystery: Bizarro is ultimately neither hero, villain, nor hybrid

10 47.62%
  • A failure: Bizarro is ultimately a mockery of Special Needs

1 4.76%

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Is Bizarro more a part of the Super Family or the Super Rogues?

Well, do you think he is?

If he is part of the SuperFam, then he is probably most like the Jason Todd of the franchise: not maliciously evil, just recklessly destructive, and understood to mean well.

But that same rationale could put him squarely in the Super- Rogues, with the most direct correlation being that Bizarro is most like the Man-Bat of his alpha's rogues gallery: the twisted reflection of the heroic motif.

Perhaps Bizarro's status is truly most like an even mix of the Jason Todd's Red Hood and Kirk Langstrom's Man-Bat: most sympathetic enemy and most destructive ally in one.

Or maybe you think Bizarro doesn't remotely fit any of these roles at all and have something else in mind for him. If so ... what?

Or maybe you think Bizarro just sucks as a concept in general and should be shelved forever. One complaint I've heard is that Bizarro is a mockery of the mentally challenged/ special needs, which ... I GUESS I could maybe see a little bit, if not given context.

Me: I think Bizarro has become far too sympathetic over the last 3 decades or so to be an outright villain. And his recent stint with RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS as part of the "Wild Trinity" (along with Wonder Woman's Artemis) just further cements that idea for me.

What about you?

Where does Bizarro most closely land for you?

Poll forthcoming.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 09-24-2018 at 07:04 PM.