Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Looks interesting. I had alot of OC items from previous leagues but modt are to powerful here. I will see if I can come up with enough stuff to try to participate.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    Looks interesting. I had alot of OC items from previous leagues but most are to powerful here. I will see if I can come up with enough stuff to try to participate.
    Possible to downgrade them a bit?

THE GOLDEN RINGS

Cost: 4

Description: A set of ten golden rings which fit over the forearms of the wielder when not in use. Used by the vigilante Ring Mage.

Features:
    -Nigh-indestructible, can be used to block attacks, including magical and psychic force.
    -Can alter their size depending on the required function, from one-inch wide to twenty feet wide.
    -Non-magnetic, non-rusting.
    -Telekinetically controlled by the wielder. Objects can be grasped and carried by the rings up to 30 tons at once, and they can strike with bullet-speed force.
    -Can ride the rings for flight, up to 300 miles per hour.
    -Can bind someone with the rings as shackles. This can even bind intangible beings.
    -Create force fields.
    -Fire powerful magical energy blasts, comparable to Iron Man's repulsor beams.
    -Can create portals between rings. This can also be used for remote viewing/listening.

Requirements: A least modicum of magical talent or potential is required.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 09-25-2018 at 11:37 AM.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

'For the "Who can beat them in the Kahzaan Arena", does BFR count? Cause I found an OC with some CRAZY Regeneration powers.

Also How do we handle intangibles, since Superman would have trouble beating them, but someone much lower with the right powerset/equipment wouldn't? (I originally wasn't even thinking full intangibles, like Ghosts. One of the characters has the power to turn into electricity, so he's only MOSTLY intangible.)

And while I'm asking questions, can characters bring more characters with them? Taran did get a write-up in PTU stats.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    'For the "Who can beat them in the Khazaan Arena", does BFR count? Cause I found an OC with some CRAZY Regeneration powers.
    However you would win in Khazan, kill, knock-out, 10-count, BFR, whichever, counts towards the assessment.

Also How do we handle intangibles, since Superman would have trouble beating them, but someone much lower with the right powerset/equipment wouldn't? (I originally wasn't even thinking full intangibles, like Ghosts. One of the characters has the power to turn into electricity, so he's only MOSTLY intangible.)
    It all depends on the one character listed to decide the Tier. I'm not interested in micromanaging every possibly power scenario, so it's basically just whichever the lowest Tier you can imagine the character stalemating or 50/50 with. So, for example, Kitty Pride, whose only power is intangibility, would probably be a Tier 2, since in a fight against Spider-Man, neither character is going to be able to hit the other, so it comes to a draw.

Characters that stack intangibility with other powers, that would probably be higher up.

And while I'm asking questions, can characters bring more characters with them? Taran did get a write-up in PTU stats.
    I'm not sure what you mean by this, but I would say you can't have a character that is effectively multiple separate distinct characters. I'm okay with Multiple Man style duplication or a Final Fantasy style summoning, but otherwise, if Taran can just portal in a whole team of different people, that won't fly. You'd have to submit those people as separate character entries.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by this, but I would say you can't have a character that is effectively multiple separate distinct characters. I'm okay with Multiple Man style duplication or a Final Fantasy style summoning, but otherwise, if Taran can just portal in a whole team of different people, that won't fly. You'd have to submit those people as separate character entries.
    Oh sorry. Pokemon Trainer. He was a Pokemon trainer with a set of powerful Pokemons.

Oh sorry. Pokemon Trainer. He was a Pokemon trainer with a set of powerful Pokemons.
    Hrmmmmm...

Pokemon are kind of a unique case in that I would consider them separate characters, but they traditionally only act as their trainer directs. I guess technically that would be allowable? Except this would have to be a case of, if the Trainer gets taken out, then his creatures leave the battlefield, and he shouldn't really be able to share his Items with them.

On the other hand, I'd rather people not just directly use pre-existing stuff to this level if possible. So someone's "power" being to just summon existing Pokemon creatures kind of goes against the theme.

Is there anything else Taran does, or is he just a Pokemon Trainer?
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 09-25-2018 at 03:03 PM.

Hrmmmmm...

Pokemon are kind of a unique case in that I would consider them separate characters, but they traditionally only act as their trainer directs. I guess technically that would be allowable? Except this would have to be a case of, if the Trainer gets taken out, then his creatures leave the battlefield, and he shouldn't really be able to share his Items with them.

On the other hand, I'd rather people not just directly use pre-existing stuff to this level if possible. So someone's "power" being to just summon existing Pokemon creatures kind of goes against the theme.

Is there anything else Taran does, or is he just a Pokemon Trainer?

PTU is a Pen and paper RPG ruleset, So he was a character I made in that game. They had the Pokemon be too dumb to fight well, or too demoralized if the Trainer is incapacitated. But yeah, he also could fight on his own with cool tricks that in the game mechanics mimicked Pokemon moves.

Like all my Tarans he was a good thief and Knife fighter.

PTU is a Pen and paper RPG ruleset, So he was a character I made in that game. They had the Pokemon be too dumb to fight well, or too demoralized if the Trainer is incapacitated. But yeah, he also could fight on his own with cool tricks that in the game mechanics mimicked Pokemon moves.

Like all my Tarans he was a good thief and Knife fighter.
    Ah, okay. Yeah, that would be alright, I did say RPG characters. I was thinking Rumbles Forum specifically, but table tops count. I guess technically create-a-characters from video games could probably count

Alright, I'll allow it, but all his Pokemon together will count towards his Tier total. Even if Taran by himself is a 1, he'll be higher depending on what all his creatures can do.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 09-25-2018 at 03:09 PM.

Ah, okay. Yeah, that would be alright, I did say RPG characters. I was thinking Rumbles Forum specifically, but table tops and I guess technically create-a-characters from video games should probably count.

Alright, I'll allow it, but of course, all his Pokemon together will count towards his Tier total. Even if Taran by himself is a 1, he'll be higher depending on what all his creatures can do.
    Fair enough. And I'm glad you said CaC counts too, because one of my other ideas was my character from Dragon Ball Xenoverse.

FLAMEWALKER

Cost: 1

Powers and Abilities:
    Pyroportation - Can teleport from one open flame to the next, including over vast distances to any source of flame he can see or has previously been to.
    Pyrocommunication - Can use open flames as a medium to speak with and see someone near another open flame. Can likewise view and hear anything another flame's light touches as a one-way viewer/listener.
    Jojutsu - Master staff fighter.
    Taijutsu - Master unarmed fighter.
    Occult Knowledge - Has much knowledge of magical rituals, practices, and history, through rigorous study and exploration. Cannot actively use other forms of magic energy on the spot, but could perform various rituals with the right time and resources.

Equipment:
    Staff of the Salamander - A steel-hard wooden walking staff with the ability to shoot small fireballs from either end.

Personality: A studious and serious young man who has developed a wry sense of humor.

Backstory: Used in several previous CCTs and briefly used in an RPG. Peter is the youngest member of the esteemed Velaju pyromancer family. He is unfortunately cursed with the handicap of being unable to create or directly control fire, unlike all other members of his family. He has managed to utilize two of the more esoteric practices of pyromancy, but his mystical potential is limited. He has been given the family heirloom of the Staff of the Salamander to compensate. He makes up for this by training and studying rigorously, and has begun traveling around the world to gain further knowledge.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 10-05-2018 at 05:20 AM.

MOTH

Cost: 1

Powers and Abilities:
    Gunslinger - Quick on the draw.
    Mechanic and Programmer - Regularly does his own repair work on his space ship, he knows his way around hardware and software.
    Martial Arts - Has a moderate level of hand-to-hand skill in a Mdavian martial art, which resembles kickboxing, but also includes snout-jabs.
    Post-Human Physicality - Has about three times the strength and durability of a normal human, despite his wiry frame. He is also quite agile, with peak human reflexes.

Equipment:
    Energy Pistols - Twin energy pistols that have a variety of shot options: single shot, rapid fire, charge shot, steady beam, and spread shot. Equivalent to a rifle, machine gun, grenade, laser torch, and shotgun, respectively. The laser is usually a heat-based attack, but can also be set to a concussive force blast which can knock over and stun foes. The guns utilize micro-batteries for cartridges, giving a thousand shots per cartridge.

Personality: He tends to be a get-down-to-business sort of fellow, with a pragmatic view of the world, but he also tends to fall back on sarcasm. He does not go out of his way to kill unless his job demands it, but he also will take down opponents with lethal force as needed.

Backstory: One of the two titular playable characters of MothFlip. Moth is a Drifter, a sort of mercenary/bounty hunter. A member of the Mdavian race, he travels across the galaxy in his flying saucer looking for work and adventure.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 09-29-2018 at 07:05 AM.

I have one OC Item tghat was listed in the RL that might work here. I'll the post link then you can let me know if it would qualify.

Master Control Crystal and Sealed Box of Nanites
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I have one OC Item tghat was listed in the RL that might work here. I'll the post link then you can let me know if it would qualify.

Master Control Crystal and Sealed Box of Nanites
    I guess it would be a 4.

STRIDER

Cost: 4

Powers and Abilities:
    Strength and Durability – Spider-Men level strength, just durable enough to resist handgun bullets but heavier caliber guns will still leave some surface injuries.

Ground Sense – Can sense all things in direct contact with the ground, “seeing” them in her minds eye and hearing the sounds they make. This extends to a mile from her person in all directions. She can still detect some details of things that may not directly be touching the ground, but she can, for example, tell how many people are moving around on the second floor of a building by sensing the vibrations through the structure. Requires contact with the ground.

Terraportation – Can teleport herself and anything else touching the ground within the range of her Ground Sense. This can range from a single mote of dust to entire skyscrapers, just herself or thousands of individuals. This includes anything touching the bottom-most floor of a building. Anything on a higher level she can’t move individually, but can still teleport it all at once along with the building itself. Requires contact with the ground.

Superhuman Information Processing – Is able to filter and process all the information provided by her ground sense with superhuman efficiency, enabling the tracking and selective focus of thousands of details at once, and instant multi-targeted terraportation.

Appearance: A petite young woman, African, with long black hair usually tied in a braid. She wears a prototypical, if simplified, cowboy outfit, with a brown longcoat, dark jeans, a dark shirt, cowboy hat, and boots. She has a South African accent that she tries to make sound British.

Personality: Haunted by her dark past, she can be quiet and brooding, but she makes an active effort to be positive and upbeat as she tries to rebuild her life. She would prefer not to kill, but will use lethal force in self-defense and the defense of others if she can't find a way to just disable her opponent or make them surrender.

Backstory: One of the heroines of Graven.

Little is known about Strider. She doesn’t speak of her past, and will not even tell others her real name. When pressed, she will admit to being South African and that she used the Namibia Doorway to empower herself, but she was in Europe when New Gondwana formed. With her homeland now stolen and sealed away in the super-continent’s formation, she traveled to America and eventually decided to take up the bounty hunter life.

She is, in actuality, Atalanta the Terraporter, one of the Ten Queens who formed New Gondwana. She has, somehow, managed to escape the continent, and is attempting to make up for the evil she has done there by taking a heroic path in America. Naturally, she wishes for this to remain a secret.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 09-29-2018 at 07:04 AM.