Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batman

15 48.39%
  • Detective Comics

15 48.39%
  • I like both equally currently

1 3.23%

Default 30 Day Poll: Which is better currently Batman or Detective Comics?

30 day poll, so we can get a feeling from the audience for the current state of Batman comics.

Which is a better series currently, Batman or Detective?

Subjective, Yes

Temporary, Of Course

But let's try anyway!

Kind of an odd time to ask given that we are one issue into the current creative team on 'Tec who will be off in a couple issues anyway.

This is pretty much just King vs. anti-King.

I've liked King's run, so I went with Batman.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 09-25-2018 at 10:44 AM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

No option for "I haven't read either title currently"?

I don't normally buy/read King's Batman. I dropped Detective Comics after Tynion's first arc, but was tempted to try the recent issue by Robinson. Unfortunately, since there were no copies on the shelf when I went to the store this past weekend, I couldn't look it over before deciding if I should buy it or not.

I was digging Batman until the fake wedding. Now I have sort of lost interest. Haven't read Detective in a while. So sort of neither anymore.

Fantastic Member

I voted Batman. With it's sometimes average stories and terrible dialogue, At least I was able to keep up with all issues since rebirth.. I gave up on Detective comic early on and just picked it up recently.

Didn't care for the lead up to the wedding, the wedding issue itself, or even the idea of Batman marrying Catwoman to begin with (sue me, sorry). Didn't care for the Mr. Freeze trial story either. I'm hoping its back on track as the flagship well written de facto Batman series like it was with Snyder, IMO.

Detective has been really fun lately, with the larger cast of characters, I have really liked it.

All-New Member

I'm going to go with Detective comics. That ridiculous wedding hype was pure crap.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I voted for Batman easily. King has had an interesting and quality run. I may not agree with all of his decisions, but he's building an epic.

or even the idea of Batman marrying Catwoman to begin with (sue me, sorry).
    I agree, very much. But once everyone realizes King (and DC) never intended to marry off Batman, I hope they go back and examine the lead up and it all. It's not a bad story IMHO. King used the spectacle to tell an intimate story about how good and virtuous Catwoman is with regards to Bruce's mission (and Bruce's struggle with trying to go on such a different path in life).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-25-2018 at 04:03 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I voted Detective. King has had some OK stuff, but he tends to not have enough meat in his stories, stretches things out for too many pages. Art wise, it was nice having Finch on Batman for a while, and Daniels fill in issues were great, but I'm not a huge Janin or Mann fan. Detective, outside of Barrows, has had a lot of people I have never heard of, but they have a consistent level of good art on the book.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Detective Comics. So over King's Batman run. I could deal with King's "staccato" style dialogue because I thought he actually meant what he said when he would take Bruce in a new direction. Instead, it was the same old same old. Detective Comics at least has smoother dialogue and a more interesting direction.

Amazing Member

I voted for Batman. I am 50-50 on King's run, but Detective Comics, even when Tynion was writing it, never reached the heights of King's Batman (I didn't read the first arc, which is supposedly the best, though). Most of those highs happened in the past 25 issues, so in the past year. What have we gotten since Tynion left? A one-off Deacon Blackfire story, a generic telepath villain who wants to destroy the Batfamily? King doesn't deliver on the superhero fantasy I want, but at least he's interesting.

Detective Comics, the last issue I read in Batman was where he and Catwoman when to visit Talia for....

I'm blanking.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    Detective Comics, the last issue I read in Batman was where he and Catwoman when to visit Talia for....

I'm blanking.
    That was in Batman, #33-35.