Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Batgirl &27 Preview/Interview

Finally, the preview is out, with one interview:

https://geekmom.com/2018/09/batgirl-...rghread-scott/
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-24-2018 at 08:41 PM.

Excited to see the new costume in action.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Wait she's losing her memory too?

Considered me hyped. I'm so glad we're getting more Gordon.

I kind of hope she'll no longer need the implant because I'd rather they just went for a rehabilitation story line than a chip that can get hacked. However I feel like this might lead into Heroes in Crisis or something???

I'm really looking forward to seeing the new costume and the new direction for Babs. Scott is really selling me.

BANNED

The intent is to conclude the run with Babs in a happy and mature place?

Sounds enticing, but Bat-folk aren't allowed to be happy, so it'll be undone in the very next issue...and I have no interest in how happy she can be without Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Wait she's losing her memory too?
    Probably the implant malfunctioning is causing memory/mental issues as well, since I'm assuming it's still connected to the brain.

So... Even if this writer approves Burnside and the idea is return Barbara to a similar status after this run...

Now I am not sure if I will see this run... For know that this will return to something similar to Burnside maybe the best is avoid this.. I prefer continue ignoring barbara than enjoy this change for then return to Burnside..
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-25-2018 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    So... Even if this writer approves Burnside and the idea is return Barbara to a similar status after this run...

Now I am not sure if I will see this run... For know that this will return to something similar to Burnside maybe the best is avoid this.. I prefer continue ignoring barbara than enjoy this change for then return to Burnside..
    It may just be a chance to have her (Barbara / Batgirl) grow some. Mairghread Scott still kept Burnside elements at the start of her stories so far, so it doesn't seem like she just trashed everything to go into a totally different direction on her first story.
    I'm giving it a try with guarded optimism.

Extraordinary Member

I just read 26 and 27. Am I the only one who thinks that's it kind of obvious who the bad guys is?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I just read 26 and 27. Am I the only one who thinks that's it kind of obvious who the bad guys is?
    Pretty obvious yeah. And I think if Babs wasn't having memory trouble she'd have figured it out already.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

Dick? Jim?

I like the throwback of the new costume. Though the mask is a bit funny because there is no way her dad would not recognize her in that. At least with a full cowl it's plausible the hair could be a wig.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Yeah, unless the comic is gonna throw in another twist along the way, it's pretty obvious. But like K. Jones mentioned she is having some trouble with her thoughts.
    I think the more interesting and focal aspect of this issue seems to be Barbara's journey of recovery and self reliance more so than the murder mystery, which personally I'm thoroughly enjoying.

BANNED

There's only one new character introduced so I guess yeah its obvious that way but I dont think its him.

The amount of meta storytelling going on here is just staggering.

Barbara's thoughts about her losing use of her legs and around her old favourite wheelchair (which lacks handles and is really built around less chair is better) really calls back to Oracle, and together with her words to Jim Gordon reaches out past the page and hits the New 52 decision to "restore" her, just like when Ostrander and Yale had Babs challenge Batman in "Oracle: Year One". Then we had

spoilers:
    Phillipe in the fridge and Batgirl being wanted for murder, just as in "Batgirl: Wanted" by Simone.
    end of spoilers

Scott really sets out write Barbara Gordon, and calling back to her old best stories, no matter what DC decrees. This is a story that respects all of her history.