Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Really liking this a lot so far. Babs is still written a little “youngish” for my taste but the storyline is compelling. Glad to see her back in Gotham proper.
    Cheers - CL

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    It may just be a chance to have her (Barbara / Batgirl) grow some. Mairghread Scott still kept Burnside elements at the start of her stories so far, so it doesn't seem like she just trashed everything to go into a totally different direction on her first story.
    I'm giving it a try with guarded optimism.
    I didnīt saw the issue but I wanted to see the people opinions here but..

I decided to continue like in the last years, NO MORE BATGIRL.. Burnside will return, is a waste of time see this because if I enjoy this I will curse Burnside place/creators again after this.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    . . . I decided to continue like in the last years, NO MORE BATGIRL.. Burnside will return, is a waste of time see this because if I enjoy this I will curse Burnside place/creators again after this.
    But it's too early to say how much (if any) of the Burnside version will be returning. I'm hoping they don't make it as GrimDark as many other Bat-titles, but making it a tad more towards the occasional serious may be okay depending on how it works out.

The issue IMO really isn't dark (or grimdark) or light. It's about Babs, who should have more life experience and has gone through more onscreen crap than just about any Gotham character outside of Batman, and has come through that of sound mind and sound ideals.

But all of that was tossed aside with the Burnside run. The focus was on some idea of Batgirl, not on the character of Barbara Gordon. At least Scott's new Babs carries some of that lived experience and the story acknowledges her history.

That was tossed aside with the New 52.