Default Hideaki Itsuno Would Like To Make A Rival Schools 3

Though now best known for his work in the Devil May Cry franchise, Capcom's Hideaki Itsuno also served as Director on 1997's high school character fighting title: Rival Schools: United By Fate.

While certainly not the most popular fighter in main stream channels, Rival Schools does have an extremely adamant fan base. The game has players choose a pair of students to take on an opponent's team, all of it based on feuding high schools.

While this is technically a team fighter, the majority of the gameplay is one on one with occasional two character attacks once the "Vigor" meter was built up enough. A sequel titled "Project Justice" dropped back in 2000, and fans of the franchise have been patiently waiting for more ever since.

Itsuno no doubt has his hands full at the moment getting Devil May Cry 5 ready for its slated March 2019 release, but recently spoke with Dual Shockers about the prospect of creating a third entry in the Rival Schools series.

"If I was allowed, I’d love to make Rival Schools 3, I’d love to make Dragon’s Dogma 2, Capcom vs SNK 3, Street Fighter Alpha 4, Power Stone 3… If I could, even Street Fighter 6 would be amazing. But the big one… the one that we need to get resolution on is Rival Schools..." he told DS.

He went on to point out that high school is a three year program in Japan, and so a third installment for the high school-themed fighter would be very much appropriate.
    https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018/...-idea-it-well/

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Capcom vs SNK 3 should get made first
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

We need a Darkstalker x DMC game .

I guess we know what he's doing after dmc5 launches.

Well Hideako my man, i sure as hell would love to play a Rival School 3.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

If DMC5 sells huge maybe they'll greenlight it for him.