Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The CGI has been pretty good so far.

BANNED

HFC mention(s), so much for my MCU claims dibs theory, which I'm more than happy to be wrong on.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Reeva Payge!!!! Yaaaasssssss ❤️❤️❤️

Wire’s Powers looked cool!
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Wire from Alpha Flight?!??!??!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    Wire’s Powers looked cool!
    Yeah, definitely, overall improvement in production values IMO.

Mighty Member

Awesome season premiere.

That was amazing. And did you see Jamie Madrox in the watch commercial, LOL! (Not really, but the multiple guys looked just like him!)

Welcome to the world, (and the Magnus Family), baby Dawn!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

What a strong start!

Reeva already has won me over. Loved her killing the other members of the Inner Circle.

Caitlin and Reed are a lot more interesting now that they've lost Andy. Caitlin being hellbent on finding Andy, and being neglectful towards Lauren is sad. Curious what was going on with Reed.

The CGI is really great this time around, wasn't bad before, but you can tell they have a bigger budget.

I thought Thunderblink was great.

Was a bit worried about Lorna towards the beginning, but she ended up being great. Loving her and Andy. The Birthing scene was intense, but I really enjoyed seeing her powers cut loose, and seeing that illusion by the Stepfords.

Poor Marcos.

Can't wait for next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    What a strong start!

Reeva already has won me over. Loved her killing the other members of the Inner Circle.

Caitlin and Reed are a lot more interesting now that they've lost Andy. Caitlin being hellbent on finding Andy, and being neglectful towards Lauren is sad. Curious what was going on with Reed.

The CGI is really great this time around, wasn't bad before, but you can tell they have a bigger budget.

I thought Thunderblink was great.

Was a bit worried about Lorna towards the beginning, but she ended up being great. Loving her and Andy. The Birthing scene was intense, but I really enjoyed seeing her powers cut loose, and seeing that illusion by the Stepfords.

Poor Marcos.

Can't wait for next week.
    Agreed. And by the way, the Cuckoos were great! Between Lorna and the three Frost ladies, I forget sometimes anyone else is in the show. But not really--everyone tonight was strong. I can totally buy that Emma Frost looked like Skyler Samuels; she's perfect--this is how Emma must have looked when she first joined the Hell Fire Club.

It didn't feel like an hour; it was over so quickly! We live until next Tuesday night!

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Agreed. And by the way, the Cuckoos were great! Between Lorna and the three Frost ladies, I forget sometimes anyone else is in the show. But not really--everyone tonight was strong. I can totally buy that Emma Frost looked like Skyler Samuels; she's perfect--this is how Emma must have looked when she first joined the Hell Fire Club.

It didn't feel like an hour; it was over so quickly! We live until next Tuesday night!
    Skylar Samuel's is soooo freaking good. Emma still gives me a bit of over acting but its fine.

Who I actually cant stand is the Strucker Mom...I dont think I'm ever going to like her. Reeva was great. I'm so excited about this season
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    What I'll be watching for:

1) How much focus Polaris gets

2) Can they successfully portray "both sides" as valid or will the show hamfistedly encourage viewers to identify only with one?

3) Will Sage get to do anything at all

4) What Reeva is like

5) What Cuckoos are like now

6) The Andy-Lauren dynamic
    1) Decent amount. Kind of pathetic but at the end when she gets fiercely determined that was good

2) Hmm not sure yet I did like how the mention they changed their name from Hellfire Club to Inner Circle to avoid sounding "gratuitously sinister" so at least it shows there was a good reason behind it and it might not have been buckling to Disney or whatever else. Although Cuckoos seemed a bit over the top harsh at times. But overall I think they did ok with it.

3) Uh... barely lol

4) Pretty impressive very determined

5) Overly evil seeming still hopefully that changes and they become a bit more vulnerable and fleshed out as characters

6) Very interesting. Andy seemed incredibly nice and open and like kind hearted actually which was very surprising. Lauren showed some definite flashes of like... she could end up joining the Circle at some point. I get that vibe from her which... I was hoping for. So that's great.

Overall a pretty good episode

I feel it went by very fast it wasn't like "nothing happened" but compared to s1 e1 which packed a LOT in... this did really just kinda fly by I felt.

Reed actually impressed me, he did a solid job of seeming different and more interesting compared to s1

Caitlin's "badass" scenes to me felt artificial and just over the top she continues to seem lame for me

I thought Thunderbird came across really cool actually he did great

Blink was great although again overly sardonic concerning the limits of her mutation, I don't care for how rude she gets about that stuff but it can be funny at times

Marcos was a bit too just like Mr Sad Man for me

Curious about Christina
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Overall uptick in intensity also, at least with this opening ep.

Enjoying the Strucker family drama and its new dynamic much more, as well.

"You're talking about Polaris. How often does a Mutant like her come along, once in a decade, once in a GENERATION?!" Reeva, you are a welcome & GREAT addition, to The Gifted fam!!

Speaking of family, baby Dawn was SO beautiful, just a perfect little bundle. Liked in the vision too, that as a toddler, she had streaks of her mom's signature, emerald tresses. Man, and how about Lorna's powers unleashed - DAMN!

Can't wait to watch it again, and the follow-up neXt week. Will likely continue visiting choice chapters from S1 til then, to boot.

BANNED

Should’ve called her Aurora.

How much are the Cuckoos in it??