Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Too much struckers parents, leaving that aside, it's a great episode
    Hey, I like them.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    What a strong start!

Reeva already has won me over. Loved her killing the other members of the Inner Circle.

Caitlin and Reed are a lot more interesting now that they've lost Andy. Caitlin being hellbent on finding Andy, and being neglectful towards Lauren is sad. Curious what was going on with Reed.

The CGI is really great this time around, wasn't bad before, but you can tell they have a bigger budget.

I thought Thunderblink was great.

Was a bit worried about Lorna towards the beginning, but she ended up being great. Loving her and Andy. The Birthing scene was intense, but I really enjoyed seeing her powers cut loose, and seeing that illusion by the Stepfords.

Poor Marcos.

Can't wait for next week.
    Reed obviously gaining powers. possibly the same he lost. maybe differant
    X-Men Forever

A bigger role for Sage please!!

BANNED

It dawned on me during the birthing scene with Reeva, the Frost sisters, and of course Lorna, how estrogen heavy the IC had become, save Andy. Contrast that with how many older, male members it was shown to have originally, in the opener, and it could perhaps be seen as an allusion to timely, societal shifts. #GirlPower
    Well-behaved women rarely make history, William.
    The remaining MU members save maybe Lauren, certainly looked like they'd been put through the wringer more here, which was most apropos. The Strucker parents & ThunderBlink in particular, looked less glam and quite a bit worse for the wear. To the point where creators obviously took care in crafting their downtrodden appearances, I thought. And maybe in response to some of the complaints from S1's more ill-suited stylings.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 09-26-2018 at 04:37 AM.

BANNED

Lauren's nightmare has me wondering about a deeper, possibly almost psychic connection, between her & Andy, due to the nature of their connective powers.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 09-26-2018 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Should’ve called her Aurora.
    That could be her mutant codename

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Lauren's nightmare has me wondering about a deeper, possibly almost psychic connection, between her & Andy, due to the nature of their connective powers.
    For sure. I really do think it's similar to the Star Wars "Force Bond" thing between Kylo Ren and Rey. Not in the sense of like... romantic but just, a very powerful connection between "adversaries" that nevertheless brings them together in weird ways
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I got the same feeling
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    For sure. I really do think it's similar to the Star Wars "Force Bond" thing between Kylo Ren and Rey. Not in the sense of like... romantic but just, a very powerful connection between "adversaries" that nevertheless brings them together in weird ways
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I got the same feeling
    It almost has to be, you would think, considering his actual physical changes were depicted in it. Anybody know if Northstar & Aurora have ever demonstrated such a thing? Or even the original Fenris?

BANNED

With developments in today's final issue of Blue, and the possibilities for her character on Gifted, I wonder if Polaris is perhaps being steered in a more synergistic direction? I mean, she already has that sort of mentorship thing goin' on, with Andy. And did even before, with him & others, at their MU chapter's original base.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 09-26-2018 at 09:10 AM.

Great opening! Glad Lorna addressed the shooting and was upset about it. I was worried about how she and Andy would justify staying after that.

Everyone (excluding some flubs) was really good and loving that increased budget.

Can't wait for next week!

Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

Really good premiere. I like how it addressed the plot threads left from the S1 finale despite the time jump. The show is now ready to embark with the bulk of the season 2 storyline.
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187

. I'm having a huge problem with the writing for the Underground storyline. I'm just finding most of the dialogue super cringey, like Lauren has spent more time crying this show than actually saying something interesting. I just don't think they're progressing in a way that I personally find them interesting just yet. The Inner Circle storyline just seems way more appealing.

. I do not like how they've changed Blinks hair from pink to purple, and how less prominent her markings are.

. Still bored of Reed and Caitlin, pretty much skipped through all of their scenes.

A pretty meh episode, nothing to ride home about, nothing entirely new or groundbreaking. I'll still watch though.

All-New Member

It dawned on me during the birthing scene with Reeva, the Frost sisters, and of course Lorna, how estrogen heavy the IC had become, save Andy. Contrast that with how many older, male members it was shown to have originally, in the opener, and it could perhaps be seen as an allusion to timely, societal shifts. #GirlPower
    I didn't get the idea that Andy and Lorna are part of the inner circle. It seemed to me that they were underlings and things were being kept from them.

Great opening! Glad Lorna addressed the shooting and was upset about it. I was worried about how she and Andy would justify staying after that.
    Andy didn't know about the shooting. Lorna found out about it somehow, but clearly wasn't told about it.

All-New Member

I was really disappointed with the starting scene and thought the rest of the episode was sort of "meh."

Why didn't Reeva's screaming affect the Frost sisters?
    It was referenced in the first season that some of the inner circle were very wealthy, ie billionaires. Billionaires typically have security, where were they? Obviously someone has to police the complex.
    They referenced complex financial transactions in the scene with Wire. Who is behind all these transactions now that they killed off the financial person? Reeva? Without being able to raise more money and killing off the billionaires, it sounds like the IC is going to run out of money pretty soon.
    There were several scenes in the first season showing that William and a chess set. Chess-players are known to think ahead many moves. Why didn't he foresee what was going to happen, or at least Reeva's discontent? There is a reason that Magneto and Professor X are chess-players. There was a scene in one of the movies where Magneto tells Juggernaut to wait in the battle because "in chess the pawns go first."
    Why didn't the inner circle have weapons themselves? I get that they are mutants and may be confident of their abilities, but their abilities did not seem too impressive, the fight was over in a minute.

I think the idea the writers were trying to get across was that the IC is violent, means business, and will do what it takes to achieve their (her? - is Reeva now the inner circle?) ends, which was basically the only point of the first scene, but they missed a big opportunity to explore factions/discontent within the IC throughout the season, or at least some character development of the IC. Now it's pretty one-sided, Reeva/IC vs. the mutant underground.

The IC is the first season was something vague, mysterious, secretive that we only got glimpses of, but now we seem to know everything about the IC in 1 episode.

I'm hoping that the head of the sentinel services who resigned at the end of the last season has a role to play in this season. Also would be cool if some of the IC survived and had a role to play, but not sure how that could be possible if they were all presumably in the room at the beginning.