Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Nightcrawler and Kitty Pryde (Kurtty) appreciation thread

Here is a thread celebrating probably the greatest X-Men friendships in comic book history. That of Nightcrawler and Kitty Pryde of course. Never have I seen a male/female friendship like this that had been so close and not actually be a romantic relationship. Over the last thirty four years there have been many great moments with the character and this thread is for all the fans of the pair. they have been through so much together and just the fact that they haven't been on a team together for 14 years really makes me sad. They are two characters that make up the heart and soul of the X-Men. One day hopefully they will be on a team together again and we will truly see what they can do together, bad guys beware.

Also a little bit of fan art I've found on the net. (I personally I really like the pirate Nightcrawler and Kitty)
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

BANNED

Somewhere Slick's head is exploding.

I do like having these two in the same books Nightcrawler is my all time favorite character from comics and Kitty is one of my favorite X-men members.

BANNED

They're like siblings imo. Except not fucking like Kurt usually does with his siblings.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    They're like siblings imo. Except not fucking like Kurt usually does with his siblings.
    Oh you're going into Lannister territory there.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

I do enjoy both characters, a bunch, but I never see them as a romantic pair. She doesn't seem to be his type.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

BANNED

Can't wait for the shocking revelation that Kurt slept with Rogue lolz.

I don't really see the sibling relationship much but I do think they are the best of friends!

I remember when Kitty first met Kurt she was terrified of him, but they eventually grew to be the best friends that we know and love today. All in favour of a Nightcrawler and Kitty Pryde LS say YES!
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

I am hoping that once the initial globe trotting arc with Amanda is over, that Kurt bee lines it to Kitty and ditches Amanda (she can come with, if she wants) and Kitty and Kurt go on a road trip of their own.

maybe they can even go to England and hang out with a few friends after picking up Rachel.

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    I am hoping that once the initial globe trotting arc with Amanda is over, that Kurt bee lines it to Kitty and ditches Amanda (she can come with, if she wants) and Kitty and Kurt go on a road trip of their own.

maybe they can even go to England and hang out with a few friends after picking up Rachel.
    Cool an Excalibur reunion, and during that little reunion the Technets (If you remember them from the early part of the Excalibur series) show up and cause trouble. Kurt has to lead his former teammates in a quirky and fun battle.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    Cool an Excalibur reunion, and during that little reunion the Technets (If you remember them from the early part of the Excalibur series) show up and cause trouble. Kurt has to lead his former teammates in a quirky and fun battle.
    oh the glory of the N-Men! I wished once Excalibur ended, that Marvel remembered all of Kurt's leadership experience that he gained in that title. When I read about Chuck Austen having Nightcrawler utter the words, "I'm not a leader" which made me blew my lid that day (and still does as I type this) but that's Marvel for you, they have completely ignored that 125 issue series besides naming a title after it and one proper miniseries with a character tie to it. Alan David did harken back to it with his Clandestine miniseries.

Sorry I ranted there, I just wanted to say that Claremont worked the Technet into his fun (if not ignored) Fantastic Four run and I can see him bringing them back for this new Nightcrawler ongoing.

We can only hope my friend. Everyone has to admit that Uncanny X-Men #211 was heartbreaking
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

Ha! No, that would be too weird even for Kurt.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Yeah, I guess its a matter of preference. I guess it can make others uncomfortable. I mean I'm neutral to the pair and more of a Burtsy shipper. But yeah, Ive entertained Kitty/Ray and its kinda iffy territory like Kitty/Illyana since Kitty virtually raised Rachel in the future while Kurt was killed when Rachel was very young. So Rachel mostly grew up with Kitty. I also remember those bedtime stores Kitty used to give Yana. I just cant see Kitty robbing the cradle.

I love the friendship, though!
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-13-2014 at 07:32 PM.

ah, I started one of these when this forum was made. lol. But i'm happy somebody else had this thread idea as well.

http://community.comicbookresources....ghlight=Kurtty

The two best friends. Nightcrawler and Shadowcat. Rather in Excalibur or X-Men. These two will be tight forever.

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    When I read about Chuck Austen having Nightcrawler utter the words, "I'm not a leader" which made me blew my lid that day (and still does as I type this) but that's Marvel for you, they have completely ignored that 125 issue series besides naming a title after it and one proper miniseries with a character tie to it.
    So sadly true.

I adore Kurt and Kitty's friendship but I agree that it's similar to more of a family relationship, in ways. (Not at much as with Amanda, but still there.) Technically, when Excalibur was formed and they believed all the X-Men dead, Kurt became Kitty's defacto guardian since she was still underage. Kurt helped to "raise" her during those teen years in Excalibur. They developed an incredible friendship out of it, though, and I wish Marvel would use it again. It irritates me to no end that they haven't gotten a proper reunion.

Last edited by Sundowhn; 05-13-2014 at 10:09 PM.