Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next Twelve!

Default Next Twelve!

Some time ago, I asked people's thoughts as to who represents the TOP TWELVE characters that best represent the X-Men's story. There was some debate but we settled on the following:

Magneto, Xavier, Phoenix, Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Rogue, Beast, Mystique and the White Queen.

Who do you feel makes the second page of 12?

Iceman, Psylocke, Angel, Gambit, Shadowcat, Jubilee, X-23, Sabretooth, Cable, Deadpool? Thoughts?
    Last edited by CRaymond; 09-25-2018 at 07:28 AM.

When was this, because I totally missed it.

I do not think either Beast or Mystique belong with the 1st 12 though.

Don`t agree with first 12.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    When was this, because I totally missed it.

I do not think either Beast or Mystique belong with the 1st 12 though.
    Agreed. Those stood out as not-right for me. And changing my mind, I really don't think Colossus should be there. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-25-2018 at 08:30 AM.

replace white queen with Gambit

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Angel could be in top 12 but he should be referred to as Archangel since that's the only reason he's popular.

Give Colossus' spot to Jubilee.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I'd make two edits to the first:
    Mystique: I don't think Mystique should be in the first 12. At all. "JLaw Love" has hamfisted her into a role that makes NO SENSE to her character.
    Colossus: While a stalward member of the comics, he had no real push until Deadpool outside of that medium. Wave 2, not first round.

I'd replace them with Iceman and Kitty Pryde as both are iconic for film representation, and some level of animated series, as well as big pushes in comics.

Wave 2: Gambit, Jubilee, Mystique, Sabretooth, Colossus, X-23, Polaris, Quicksilver, Magik, Sunspot, Bishop, and Cable. Maybe switch Sunspot with Domino

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Mystique: I don't think Mystique should be in the first 12. At all. "JLaw Love" has hamfisted her into a role that makes NO SENSE to her character.
    Colossus: While a stalward member of the comics, he had no real push until Deadpool outside of that medium. Wave 2, not first round.

I'd replace them with Iceman and Kitty Pryde as both are iconic for film representation, and some level of animated series, as well as big pushes in comics.

Wave 2: Gambit, Jubilee, Mystique, Sabretooth, Colossus, X-23, Polaris, Quicksilver, Magik, Sunspot, Bishop, and Cable. Maybe switch Sunspot with Domino
    It's not JLaw doing it. It's the fact that she suddenly got popular and they decided to make her a hero. Wasn't her idea.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Even with the nonsensical JLaw version of the character Mystique has ties to two highly popular X-Men, was the main villain in one of the line's highly acclaimed story arcs and was featured prominently in other non-comic works especially TAS and Evolution.

Iceman can stay since he's been pushed constantly since his Amazing Friends appearance.

Magik is probably a Wave 3 since she only gets pushed in comic appearances.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I just don't associate movie Mystique with comics Mystique. They're two completely different characters, so I just accept that and don't try to compare the two.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post

Yeah. Again with the films, it's seeped over into the comics where some characters got more push & preferential treatment after the films -Wolverine, Magneto, and Mystique being the biggest examples. Now Deadpool has jumped on the wagon being everywhere like Wolverine and given fanboy treatment.

And characters with less than good film depictions got the shaft in the X-Books. Sabretooth became a stupid jobbing oaf like Tyler Man's Sabretooth. On top of being bitched out to Logan & Mystique. HB's Storm wasn't much to write home about & comic Storm has been messed up almost as long as Sabretooth. Rogue's film counterpart wasn't noteworthy. I think most of her development & attention came from the Avengers books. Being back with the X-Men, I think her biggest story is she's back with Gambit. Again just for a few examples.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-25-2018 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I just don't associate movie Mystique with comics Mystique. They're two completely different characters, so I just accept that and don't try to compare the two.
    Regardless if you're looking at Comic!Mystique or Movie!Mystique, the character plays a large part in the franchise. Being the mother of two of the more popular X-Men, and one of their most popular villains. Granted she has displayed a more 'grey' attitude and played on both side in the most recent decades. She made regular appearances in TAS and was a major element in X-Men Evolution.

I believe the large majority does not like the route they took with her in the last 3 movies, but that doesn't make Mystique the character any less important in the overall scheme of X-Men.

In fact, Mystique plays bigger part than Angel in most adaptations (games, movies, cartoons). She's definitely First Wave worthy.

----

Second Wave:

Psylocke, Dazzler, Gambit, Jubilee, Shadowcat, Iceman, Cable, Sinister, Apocalypse, Bishop, Angel, 12 spot idk.
    Last edited by PsionicHero; 09-25-2018 at 10:28 AM.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Some time ago, I asked people's thoughts as to who represents the TOP TWELVE characters that best represent the X-Men's story. There was some debate but we settled on the following:

Magneto, Xavier, Phoenix, Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Rogue, Beast, Mystique and the White Queen.

Who do you feel makes the second page of 12?

Iceman, Psylocke, Angel, Gambit, Shadowcat, Jubilee, X-23, Sabretooth, Cable, Deadpool? Thoughts?
    1. Iceman
    2. Angel
    3. Gambit

4. Jubilee
    5. Shadowcat
    6. X-23

7. Longshot
    8. Dazzler
    9. Pyslocke

10. Cable
    11. Banshee
    12. Forge
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

To people who don't read comics, Cable and Deadpool are more recognisable than the white queen.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Beast, Emma, and Mystique do not belong on this list.