Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default All Might vs Amazo

So Amazo gains the powers of All Might

Can All Might kill Amazo before his time runs out?

Astonishing Member

I take it that Amazo doesn't have other powers or the time limit? In that case, Amazon wins.

If Amazo has the full range of usual JL powers, he crushes All Might.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Two key details about One For All:

1. One For All does not come with a supplementary safe-usage power. Using it at 100% has intense backlash that will absolutely destroy your body.

2. One For All, in the right hands, goes way beyond 100%. This rather specifically appears to be something that, again, takes some supplementary work not included in the power to bring out.

So if Amazo JUST has One For All, I'm pretty sure All Might flattens him. In fact, it seems like a situation almost tailor made for seemingly threatening villain to get casually destroyed.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 09-26-2018 at 05:23 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Two key details about One For All:

1. One For All does not come with a supplementary safe-usage power. Using it at 100% has intense backlash that will absolutely destroy your body.

2. One For All, in the right hands, goes way beyond 100%. This rather specifically appears to be something that, again, takes some supplementary work not included in the power to bring out.

So if Amazo JUST has One For All, I'm pretty sure All Might flattens him. In fact, it seems like a situation almost tailor made for seemingly threatening villain to get casually destroyed.
    Not necessarily true. It was true for Midoriya because he was a less-than-suitable host at the time. All Might himself was, if I recall correctly, described as pretty much an ideal vessel who could go at 100% pretty much as soon as he got One for All up until he was injured. It was actually a plot point as to why he wasn't so great of a teacher to Midoriya.

Amazo, who's base form is a hypertech android with strength, endurance, and analytical abilities well above Midoriya's or All Might's human unaugmented capabilities, would probably be an even better vessel for One for All.

So if anything I'd say it's the other way around. All Might gets defeated by an Amazo who's able to use One for All more efficiently and to greater effect than he can.

Amazo isn't anywhere as experienced a fighter in hand to hand as All Might, at least so far as we are aware. He's either typically dominated in hth by the Justice League until he absorbs a new power or is so godlike he doesn't need to throw a punch. I see this going somewhat similar to All Might's fight with the first Nomu.

The Midoriya who wasn’t a suitable host had done a whole lot of intense physical training to the point of being probably peak or even super human in his physical ability and stamina, based on the fact that he cleaned up that entire landfill, huge pieces of scrap metal and all, by himself. That’s the Midoriya who was nearly blowing his arms off every time he used One For All. Also, All Might notably knew that would happen from the outset, meaning he went through the same thing at least to some extent.

Does Amazo have any unaugmented feats? Not saying he doesn’t, I’m just not familiar with him outside of the JLU version, who I’m confident would blow himself up trying to use All For One prior to having any other powers unless he was given a chance to understand it first.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 09-27-2018 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    The Midoriya who wasn’t a suitable host had done a whole lot of intense physical training to the point of being probably peak or even super human in his physical ability and stamina, based on the fact that he cleaned up that entire landfill, huge pieces of scrap metal and all, by himself. That’s the Midoriya who was nearly blowing his arms off every time he used All For One. Also, All Might notably knew that would happen from the outset, meaning he went through the same thing at least to some extent.

Does Amazo have any unaugmented feats? Not saying he doesn’t, I’m just not familiar with him outside of the JLU version, who I’m confident would blow himself up trying to use All For One prior to having any other powers unless he was given a chance to understand it first.
    Comic Amazo is more powerful than the JLU version. It was actually copying the Worlogog. Which is WAY over the All Force in power.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Comic Amazo is more powerful than the JLU version. It was actually copying the Worlogog. Which is WAY over the All Force in power.
    The question is what are his stats without any copying? Assuming that this thread intends for him to only have One For All, that is going to be key to what he can actually do with it without damaging himself. Again, Midoriya ruining his limbs is not even using anything close to the full power output possible with One For All.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I am not sure if there has ever been an unaugmented Amazo. Dude seems to get the powers of the big 7 built into him by default. I remember there being an incomplete unit that didn't have ALL of their powers, but it was noted as incomplete.

I will say by feats, durability may be the worst attribute Amazo has. Far less than the sum of his parts would suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I am not sure if there has ever been an unaugmented Amazo. Dude seems to get the powers of the big 7 built into him by default. I remember there being an incomplete unit that didn't have ALL of their powers, but it was noted as incomplete.

I will say by feats, durability may be the worst attribute Amazo has. Far less than the sum of his parts would suggest.
    I've seen Amazo tanking Superman's punches before.

Astonishing Member

Let me put it this way. I don't see how One For All would put anymore strain on Amazo than, say, Superman's or Wonder Woman's powers.

As noted, unaugmented feats for Amazo are basically non existent.

In cartoons, dude is bullet proof and can punch through concrete with no powers beyond his base. But again, that's cartoons.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Let me put it this way. I don't see how One For All would put anymore strain on Amazo than, say, Superman's or Wonder Woman's powers.
    Superman and Wonder Woman have the durability to go with their strength and speed. Their superpowers are a total package.

One For All gives all the strength and speed without the durability to withstand much if any of it. Hence why Superman was bullet proof since he was a baby, but Midoriya still isn't.

I do think Amazo might be durable enough to withstand a decent portion of All For One's strain given his JLU feats prior to absorbing powers. But 100%? He lacks the feats I think. Amazo tanking Superman's punches came after he'd absorbed the powers of various Justice League members, including Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 09-27-2018 at 12:59 PM.

I accidentally misread the title of this thread as "All Might vs John Diggle," which would be a *hilarious* fight.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Because One For All turns you into a cannon for the power that One For All has been accumulating for the last six generations. As I said in my first post: It doesn't include the supplementary ability to withstand the backlash from using One For All. This is a specific weakness inherent in the power.

Actually, that's another potential problem for Amazo: The power All Might has from One For All isn't One For All's inherent power, it's generations upon generations of One For All gradually stockpiling power. The actual "powers" inherent in One For All are: Stockpiling energy over time, and transferring One For All to another user.

Edit: And just to clarify my position: This is obviously all a wash if Amazo is rocking the other JL powers. I'm rolling with the assumption that the OP didn't purposely post a curbstomp (plus if he's got Superman and Wonder Woman's powers, One For All is doing basically nothing for him). If the guy literally does not exist without those, then it's really difficult to provide an answer as to what he'd be like.

Edit 2: And like it bears repeating here that how One For All works is heavily dependent on who is using it, and as with everything else about it, having it does not confer any ability to actually use it in a proper fashion. For instance, All Might, who we know to be quirkless, is the only user we've seen come up with the muscle form. Midoriya has Full Cowling and Shoot Style. All of these things, as well as channeling energy above "100%" have been demonstrated to require time acclimating to One For All and adapting it to personal usage. This is a recurring theme all over My Hero Academia, very pointedly expressed with Mirio, who has the most garbage version of intangibility possible, but is so good at using it, people think he's an unhittable teleporter. Of course, if Amazo has some kind of ultra-fast acclimatization and learning ability, that'd be different.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 09-27-2018 at 06:08 PM.