Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    So Storm has absolutely zero flaws other than people not using her right?

Nice to see the forum being objective...
    Storm's biggest flaw is the Storm Fans.

Her main in-universe flaw is holding back too much. She could have easily taken over the world and ushered in a grand eco-utopia by now(but the white writers are holding her back).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Nightcrawler --

People talk to him about their problems and want guidance but he rarely lets himself open up about his own issues, even to long term friends like Logan, Amanda, Kitty or Storm. (I can remember only a couple of times when he talked to Logan about something bothering him, way back when.) It seems that he's a close friend, but he really doesn't let anyone get close to him. He wears a mask or "performs" for the people in his life.

Lack of self-confidence. This was addressed and started to get better during Excalibur, but Austen wiped all of it out and there he remains.
    Last edited by Sundown; 09-25-2018 at 06:38 PM.

If she has no flaws, that, in itself is a major flaw. Flawless characters are boring to read about, and probably nearly impossible to write believably.

BANNED

Storm had flaws. At first she was naive, overconfident, claustrophobic, and had a god complex. Then she became cold, pragmatic, and domineering to compensate for her lack of powers and increased responsibility. By the end of Claremont’s run she had overcome these faults and earned her status as the de facto leader of the X-Men.

Post-Claremont writers don’t know where to go from there so they choose regression or they push her to the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    If she has no flaws, that, in itself is a major flaw. Flawless characters are boring to read about, and probably nearly impossible to write believably.
    Flaws:

Will cut a bitch
    Doesn't cut enough bitches
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I haven't read Storm that closely in a long while (which is indicative of how she's been written), so I probably have some blind spots here, but I can't remember the last time Storm seriously wanted something. Every story I've seen her in she's been there because you can't have the X-Men without Storm. I have no idea what her personal goals or hopes are. I feel like a writer could take advantage of the malaise she's in and make an actual story out of it.
    Last edited by ariwl1; 09-25-2018 at 07:55 PM.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Pietro lies, steals, has a bad temper and treated his estranged wife and daughter crummy, but he has his moments.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Her main in-universe flaw is holding back too much. She could have easily taken over the world and ushered in a grand eco-utopia by now(but the white writers are holding her back).
    That's not a flaw. Almost every superhero holds back.

Cyclops can't really function much at all when he's not an X-Man. Even though he has been the leader of basically the whole mutant community, he doesn't have many close friends. He doesn't really have a 'best friend', maybe you can count Jean. He isn't good with speaking his emotions at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Cyclops can't really function much at all when he's not an X-Man. Even though he has been the leader of basically the whole mutant community, he doesn't have many close friends. He doesn't really have a 'best friend', maybe you can count Jean. He isn't good with speaking his emotions at all.
    Honestly, i always saw Jean as his best friend. No one really knew him better than her as far as i had seem.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Can one of the Storm fans please post in here
    They all banned
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    He's a workaholic of sorts, but that's because his upbringing, Xavier needed a soldier/general and he shaped cyclops for that and nothing else. IN X factor he points out that he's a failure as a father in part because Xavier didn't taught him better, but ultimately blames himself for everything, some of the saddest and human stuff I've read of cyke

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    They all banned
    Wait what? what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    He's a workaholic of sorts, but that's because his upbringing, Xavier needed a soldier/general and he shaped cyclops for that and nothing else. IN X factor he points out that he's a failure as a father in part because Xavier didn't taught him better, but ultimately blames himself for everything, some of the saddest and human stuff I've read of cyke

Wait what? what happened?
    Pm
    Me

Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Some posts here about Emma and X-23 nailed it.

Magneto is an obsessive, manipulative, morally ambiguous megalomaniac. But I love him for it.