Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Some posts here about Emma and X-23 nailed it.

Magneto is an obsessive, manipulative, morally ambiguous megalomaniac. But I love him for it.
    He's also a mutant supremacist, but he's honest about it

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    They all banned
    Nah, they're back. I know that because I'm still here.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Arachne, this is what I call a good thread. Congratulations

All good characters have flaws, and I think we readers feel attract as much for them as for virtues. Either because we recognize themselves in them, either because we find these flaws actually appealing or 'glamorous' (mainly those which have to do with excessive energy or temperament).

Regarding Longshot, he's got so many flaws that his former mini was kind of a summary about it. I admire Ann Nocenti as a writer precisely because she's anything but indulgent: her stories makes you feel uncomfortable. Therefore, Longshot turned out figuratively and literally beaten.

His main issue has to do with his luck power. He's accustomed to use it like a crutch, hoping that everything is going to be alright because, well, usually everything is alright for him. Sort of.

This overconfidence generate two flaws: Longshot is dementially reckless, so he often put other people at risk. Gog N'Magog called him 'oblivious' and he compared Longshot with a puppy: "---leaving messes everywhere...walking off wagging your tail...assuming someone will pick up after you".

The other consequence is that he doesn't exert himself. There's a reason because nobody, including himself, knows the real extension of his powers and skills: no one has taken the trouble to do it, that's true, but he hasn't asked for it either. It's more than likely, having in mind what's seen of him, that Lonshot is much more powerful and capable than we imagine. He simply doesn't strain to his limit, he's prone to easily give up because his threshold of tolerance to failure is very low. No wonder that he's been branded coward a couple of times.

Brian K. Vaughan developed this last flaw very well in Ultimate X-Men, where Spiral explained that Longshot was a good kind boy and lover, but he was negligent too, because he was used to things simply falling into his hands and he gradually lost interest in her, so she finally cheat on him.

Apart, I'm not sure if this is a real flaw, but I suspect Longshot is not able to love the way most of people understand this stuff.

There's more, but I don't want to make the audience tired

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Emma killed a horse once but it's okay. We all have been there, y'know.

She also seems to have a terrible taste in men.
    I remember Butterum.
    #Wheresthejustice?
    DC, please give Jonah Hex a new solo.

Thanks, Ricochet Rita. We often talk about his great a character is, but the flaws are just as important and often lead to the best stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt Cape View Post
    I remember Butterum.

#Wheresthejustice?
    It amazes me that a telepath like Emma could burn a living creature to death and live with it. She must have awfully strong mind shields to not have felt Butterum's anguish.

Astonishing Member

Let's see. Jubilee can be impulsive. She's been known to act tough and push people away when she's most vulnerable. And oh yeah, she has a BIIIIIIG MOUTH!

Psylocke - not so much an actual character flaw but a flaw of the character - she has the most convoluted biography in X-history, if not all Marvel. I mean, all the mess she's been through laughs at the comparative straightforwardness of the Grey and Summers family lines.

On the subject of Storm I'd say her biggest flaw is that she uses contractions when speaking now. It takes away the regal nature of her character.
    Last edited by Captain Nash; 09-26-2018 at 05:44 PM.

I’m surprised none of the other Psylocke super posters have posted about her yet.

So for me, I was exposed to Psylocke when I was a little kid, like maybe 4 or 5, and yeah I thought she was cool because was just some fighter chick. Then I started learning more about her and really grew to love her because I did feel like she was a totally fleshed out character (albeit not under every writer)

With that said

Psylocke: Betsy is a woman who is terrified of being vulnerable, and with good reason. She has many flaws, but to me her biggest flaw is the MASK that she puts on that she’s never scared. She often projects this image that she’s a hard-ass and nothing phases her. She never wants to feel weak, she never wants to feel scared, and because of that she over compensates. She overestimates her abilities. She tends to take on foes much faster, much stronger, and much more durable than her.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Kitty Pyrde massive fear of commitment.

BANNED

Wally West is dead..

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Thanks, Ricochet Rita. We often talk about his great a character is, but the flaws are just as important and often lead to the best stories.

It amazes me that a telepath like Emma could burn a living creature to death and live with it. She must have awfully strong mind shields to not have felt Butterum's anguish.
    IIRC she stopped his heart before setting the fire.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Mama

Is sometimes too much of a bitch for her own good
    Felt so secure in her relationship with Cyclops she hardly put effort in being close to the other X-Men
    Thinks she better than everyone else (not that she's entirely wrong but it's definitely a flaw)
    Performs questionable acts even the most bad ass of anti heroes would find concerning
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account