Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 43
  1. #16
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    13,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    So Storm has absolutely zero flaws other than people not using her right?

    Nice to see the forum being objective...
    Storm's biggest flaw is the Storm Fans.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!

    Pull List: N/A

  2. #17

    Default

    Her main in-universe flaw is holding back too much. She could have easily taken over the world and ushered in a grand eco-utopia by now(but the white writers are holding her back).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  3. #18
    Fantastic Member Sundown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Nightcrawler --

    People talk to him about their problems and want guidance but he rarely lets himself open up about his own issues, even to long term friends like Logan, Amanda, Kitty or Storm. (I can remember only a couple of times when he talked to Logan about something bothering him, way back when.) It seems that he's a close friend, but he really doesn't let anyone get close to him. He wears a mask or "performs" for the people in his life.

    Lack of self-confidence. This was addressed and started to get better during Excalibur, but Austen wiped all of it out and there he remains.
    Last edited by Sundown; 09-25-2018 at 06:38 PM.

  4. #19
    Fantastic Member Sundown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    So Storm has absolutely zero flaws other than people not using her right?

    Nice to see the forum being objective...
    If she has no flaws, that, in itself is a major flaw. Flawless characters are boring to read about, and probably nearly impossible to write believably.

  5. #20
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    So Storm has absolutely zero flaws other than people not using her right?

    Nice to see the forum being objective...
    Storm had flaws. At first she was naive, overconfident, claustrophobic, and had a god complex. Then she became cold, pragmatic, and domineering to compensate for her lack of powers and increased responsibility. By the end of Claremont’s run she had overcome these faults and earned her status as the de facto leader of the X-Men.

    Post-Claremont writers don’t know where to go from there so they choose regression or they push her to the side.

  6. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    If she has no flaws, that, in itself is a major flaw. Flawless characters are boring to read about, and probably nearly impossible to write believably.
    Flaws:

    Will cut a bitch
    Doesn't cut enough bitches
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  7. #22
    Perfectly Safe Penguin ariwl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,674

    Default

    I haven't read Storm that closely in a long while (which is indicative of how she's been written), so I probably have some blind spots here, but I can't remember the last time Storm seriously wanted something. Every story I've seen her in she's been there because you can't have the X-Men without Storm. I have no idea what her personal goals or hopes are. I feel like a writer could take advantage of the malaise she's in and make an actual story out of it.
    Last edited by ariwl1; 09-25-2018 at 07:55 PM.

  8. #23

    Default

    Pietro lies, steals, has a bad temper and treated his estranged wife and daughter crummy, but he has his moments.



    "You set off the Terrigen Bomb giving the world every excuse to fear the word Inhuman."

    "This is-- this is what Jean felt like..."

    "If you are a mutant, in this world, you are guilty until proven innocent."

  9. #24
    Peter Scott SpiderClops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Her main in-universe flaw is holding back too much. She could have easily taken over the world and ushered in a grand eco-utopia by now(but the white writers are holding her back).
    That's not a flaw. Almost every superhero holds back.

  10. #25
    Peter Scott SpiderClops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,478

    Default

    Cyclops can't really function much at all when he's not an X-Man. Even though he has been the leader of basically the whole mutant community, he doesn't have many close friends. He doesn't really have a 'best friend', maybe you can count Jean. He isn't good with speaking his emotions at all.

  11. #26
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    8,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Cyclops can't really function much at all when he's not an X-Man. Even though he has been the leader of basically the whole mutant community, he doesn't have many close friends. He doesn't really have a 'best friend', maybe you can count Jean. He isn't good with speaking his emotions at all.
    Honestly, i always saw Jean as his best friend. No one really knew him better than her as far as i had seem.

  12. #27
    Astonishing Member Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Can one of the Storm fans please post in here
    They all banned
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

  13. #28
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Cyclops can't really function much at all when he's not an X-Man. Even though he has been the leader of basically the whole mutant community, he doesn't have many close friends. He doesn't really have a 'best friend', maybe you can count Jean. He isn't good with speaking his emotions at all.
    He's a workaholic of sorts, but that's because his upbringing, Xavier needed a soldier/general and he shaped cyclops for that and nothing else. IN X factor he points out that he's a failure as a father in part because Xavier didn't taught him better, but ultimately blames himself for everything, some of the saddest and human stuff I've read of cyke

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    They all banned
    Wait what? what happened?

  14. #29
    Astonishing Member Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    He's a workaholic of sorts, but that's because his upbringing, Xavier needed a soldier/general and he shaped cyclops for that and nothing else. IN X factor he points out that he's a failure as a father in part because Xavier didn't taught him better, but ultimately blames himself for everything, some of the saddest and human stuff I've read of cyke


    Wait what? what happened?
    Pm
    Me

    1010
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

  15. #30
    Northern Lights Beaubier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,887

    Default

    Some posts here about Emma and X-23 nailed it.

    Magneto is an obsessive, manipulative, morally ambiguous megalomaniac. But I love him for it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •