Fantastic Member

Default Should DC Collect 1940s "Written Off" Stories for a Hardcover Omnibus?

Most of you probably know that, in the mid to late 1940s, DC amassed a ton of story inventory for such characters as the Golden Age Flash, Green Lantern, Atom, Dr. Midnite, etc. Most of the pages had the words "Written Off" stamped on the top borders and were never printed. Some of this material saw the light of day in the early 1970s in DC's 100 Page Super Spectaculars, the Amazing World of DC and other mags. Other stories only survived as fragments and were rescued from the DC incinerator by a young Marv Wolfman. Question: Would anyone else other than me love to see these given the proper love and care they deserve and have them properly colored and presented in a deluxe omnibus with an intro from someone such as Roy Thomas or Marv Wolfman? I feel that this would sell quite well if advertised properly. Anyone else interested in such a thing?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

While I'm not personally a fan of Golden Age material, plenty of readers are, and I'm sure something like this would appeal to them.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

They did have several archive editions of things like Golden Age Doctor Fate, Golden Age Flash, Golden Age Green Lantern, Golden Age Hawkman, Golden Age Sandman, etc. about ten-or-so years ago.