Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Who do you think is more popular, Deadpool or Harley Quinn?

The DCEU is making Harley Quinn their poster child for movies. She has anywhere of 4-5 movies slated. I knew she was popular but I didn't think she was that popular.

When it comes to anti-heroes onscreen, who is more popular, Deadpool or HQ? Deadpool has nowhere near the amount of projects HQ has even though it's tricky with the merger. I find it odd WB will wait 4 years since HQ's debut and then bombard the GA with a bunch of movies starring HQ.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    The DCEU is making Harley Quinn their poster child for movies. She has anywhere of 4-5 movies slated. I knew she was popular but I didn't think she was that popular.

When it comes to anti-heroes onscreen, who is more popular, Deadpool or HQ? Deadpool has nowhere near the amount of projects HQ has even though it's tricky with the merger. I find it odd WB will wait 4 years since HQ's debut and then bombard the GA with a bunch of movies starring HQ.
    Deadpool by several orders of magnitude. I personally hate the character, hate the very idea of the character, but there's no question he's the more popular of the two.

I think they are both horrible and extremely overrated characters.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

That's a trick question. They are now the same character.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Deadpool. Easily. Harley's just copying him. But they both should be writing royalty cheques to Ambush Bug.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

I think Harley Quinn is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    This is the correct take, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Deadpool. Easily. Harley's just copying him. But they both should be writing royalty cheques to Ambush Bug.
    What about Lobo? He should be getting some of that cash too.

Deadpool. No question.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    It's DC. Bat-people always get slapped everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Deadpool by several orders of magnitude. I personally hate the character, hate the very idea of the character, but there's no question he's the more popular of the two.
    I never liked Deadpool until the films came out. The movies were surprisingly good.......I'd rank Deadpool 2 in my top 5 comic book film list.

In terms of reading material, the only Deadpool comics I liked were the Kelly/McGuinness run of Spider-Man/Deadpool and Fear Itself: Deadpool....I've never read anything else involving the character that I liked. I was expecting to like Gail Simone's run on Deadpool/Agent X, but I didn't care for it.

I've disliked so many different Deadpool-involved comics that I'm leery of ever checking any out that may catch my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    And She-Hulk ... and Howard the Duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Same but Harley used to be cool

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Before their Comic Movie Universe - I would say Harley Quinn but not by that much but afterwards it's Deadpool ...

Mighty Member

I guess "Deadpool" is the more popular - since he exists in a larger variety of settings. I never really liked the character - but I guess in the context of his films I can deal with him.

although, now that they're trying to make Harley Quinn less ... of what she originally was and more.... 'girl power' I guess she's becoming more popular. things like DC Super Hero Girls are only going to make her more popular in the future.

the thing is... Harley Quinn was actually a good character in her original context. every other version of the character seems to miss the point on an epic scale. Harley isn't an "empowered" character. it's her creepy co-dependent obsession with the Joker that pretty much defined her character. and when she wasn't with the Joker she was with Poison Ivy. she kinda reminds me of Gary from "the Venture Bros". they're both good characters when they were created.... but they're both ultimately 'servant' or 'side-kick' characters overshadowed by other people. and I think part of why they both work is because they both realize that and simply admire/love the people they're working with so much that they don't really care.

now the problem is that writers are trying to turn Harley into a different character and... for me... it just doesn't work. not EVERY character is supposed to be assertive, strong, competent, etc... I mean, it's like trying to turn Starscream into a noble and selfless warrior dedicated to helping righteous people in desperate need. it sort of misses the whole point of that character!