Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default The End of the MCU - Phase 3

A thread for speculation on how the final film of Phase 3 will be resolved. Not necessarily your thoughts on the complete story, just elements or moments you think would be smart to happen.

A lot of the focus has been on the Time Stone, as if everything can be resolved if they only get their hands on that. People suppose that Doctor Strange has fiddled with the Time Stone, and it will be used to go back in time before the snap, and cause it to be undone. How they cause this is somewhat vague.

I think it's more complicated than that. I do believe that between the Quantum Realm and the Time Stone, there will be time travel involved. I could see revisiting every movie where a time stone was introduced, probably for the purpose of re-collecting them all. But I think all the stones, not just the Time Stone, will be required to ultimately undo what Thanos had done. For instance, everyone dusted was sent to the Soul Stone and will return from it, including Gamora. I also wonder about that picture we see of Tony Stark with Cap and Ant Man, where he looks to have grey hair. The speculation is that is future-Stark, but his hair always looked more blond to me, and I wonder if it's not alternate-reality-Stark summoned by the reality stone. It's conceivable Loki did something with the Space Stone while it was in his possession that will prove pivotal.

If I was a script writer on this show, I would not overlook the fact that there are six stones and six original Avengers. I'm not sure how I blend that coincidence together, but this is certain to be the swan song for those six, at least as single team, so it seems like an appropriate send-off somehow.

The first new team-up I would expect to see is Ant Man and Captain Marvel, and between them set the stage for the rest of the story to unfold. I also expect Captain Marvel to be instrumental in defeating Thanos, though I think it will take herself and the six stones to finally do it. I would also expect Marvel to be responsible for the final disposition of the stones, whatever that may turn out to be.

I don't look for Thanos to die. I'd expect he becomes stone statue Thanos with the tear in his eye.

Your thoughts?

I want Black Panther near the beginning of the film. But when he's unmasked, it turns out to be M'Baku carrying on the mantle in honor of the fallen T'Challa. Then T'Challa gets revived in the end and resumes the mantle once more.

Yeah, yeah, Shuri is Black Panther in the comics, but she's considerably younger and smaller in the MCU, plus she already serves a distinct role compared to the other heroes.

All I care to see is Drax swallow the Power Gem and punch Thanos through the chest.

But I know that's not going to happen.

I'm sure I'll be happy with what they end of doing.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I fully expect Thor will land the killing shot to Thanos and tell him..."I told...I would be the one to kill you."

Course with Feige getting X-Men , FF and Eternals lined up...things are gonna be INSANE the next phases.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

There's going to be some kind of a time-wimey plot twist in the movie considering there's been rumors (or outright confirmation) of an older Cassie Lang popping up.

But I'm not expecting a huge timeskip since Peter will still be in high school for the next MCU Spider-Man movie.

There were also rumors of casting for twins, so Wanda's Soul Stone illusion is probably having a family with Vision. I've also seen it suggested that we might finally see MCU Uncle Ben in Peter's, depending on how many characters have what's going on with them explored.

The Quantum Realm has been confirmed to be important, all the moreso since Ant-Man was left stuck in there at the end of Ant-Man and The Wasp.

We'll probably follow up on what happened to Valkyrie, Korg, and Miek after Thanos attacked the Asgardian ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    If I was a script writer on this show, I would not overlook the fact that there are six stones and six original Avengers. I'm not sure how I blend that coincidence together, but this is certain to be the swan song for those six, at least as single team, so it seems like an appropriate send-off somehow.
    Aside from Black Widow, since she's finally getting her own solo movie.

Granted, that's apparently going to be a prequel, although I doubt it would be the next Marvel film to just be a one-and-done (poor Hulk).
    The first new team-up I would expect to see is Ant Man and Captain Marvel, and between them set the stage for the rest of the story to unfold. I also expect Captain Marvel to be instrumental in defeating Thanos, though I think it will take herself and the six stones to finally do it. I would also expect Marvel to be responsible for the final disposition of the stones, whatever that may turn out to be.
    I think Carol will probably prove a physical match for Thanos, but it seemed pretty clear that Strange's endgame needs Tony alive and I expect we'll see some continuation of Iron Man and Thanos' showdown on Titan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I want Black Panther near the beginning of the film. But when he's unmasked, it turns out to be M'Baku carrying on the mantle in honor of the fallen T'Challa. Then T'Challa gets revived in the end and resumes the mantle once more.

Yeah, yeah, Shuri is Black Panther in the comics, but she's considerably younger and smaller in the MCU, plus she already serves a distinct role compared to the other heroes.
    Depending on how long T'Challa's been dusted per Avengers 4 then somebody would have had to have succeeded him on the throne.

I don't know if I see M'Baku taking over but considering the idea of Shuri challenging Killmonger never came up in Black Panther, I doubt anyone thinks she's ready for it.

I think whatever last minute "science-fu" Shuri did with Vision will come back into play. Either she downloaded his consciousness or she has specs on how the Mind Stone works and so can mimic the energy signature of an Infinity Stone. This is what enables them to travel through time, along with the quantum realm and whatever powers Captain Marvel brings. Tony, Rocket, Shuri and Nebula help build a time machine, basically. Wild theory, I know lol

I expect them to revisit all the main movies - Captain America:TFA, Iron Man, Avengers, Dr. Strange - probably by Ant-Man physically showing up in them via CGI shenanigans. He will not change anything that happened in them, but it could be that he is somehow retconned into helping at some key point, unobserved. Thats how I expect the tribute/homage part of the movie to go.

As to the main story, at some point I expect all the original Avengers to be together defeating Thanos at once as a final tribute to them, their big sendoff.

Except Hulk, who I think will really die. That will be the big thing that finally unifies everyone to work together to defeat Thanos.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Weird. The Hulk is one of the few (who are not already confirmed to be in future movies) I am 100% convinced is safe as houses.

Tony and Steve are probably toast.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I think whatever last minute "science-fu" Shuri did with Vision will come back into play. Either she downloaded his consciousness or she has specs on how the Mind Stone works and so can mimic the energy signature of an Infinity Stone. This is what enables them to travel through time, along with the quantum realm and whatever powers Captain Marvel brings. Tony, Rocket, Shuri and Nebula help build a time machine, basically. Wild theory, I know lol
    I think whatever Shuri did will probably bring Vision back somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Weird. The Hulk is one of the few (who are not already confirmed to be in future movies) I am 100% convinced is safe as houses.

They've said Bruce/Hulk's character arc will conclude here, and I'm guessing that means a merged personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post

Agreed . Steve is number one on my deadpool. I can see him being the one to sacrafice himself to use the gauntlet again. Thor has become more popular with each movie and I can see him sticking around if Hemsworth is game. Tony could die or retire. But imo Steve is dead for sure. Guess we will have to wait and see but for wahtever reason I can see Thor and Carol being preoccupied with Thanos and since physically they are probaly the only ones who can survive using the gauntlet. Someone gonna have to jump on the grenade. That's caps thing.

I'd gladly buy Kevin Feige a hamburger Tuesday were he to send Ant-Rudd away...for good!

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Agreed . Steve is number one on my deadpool. I can see him being the one to sacrafice himself to use the gauntlet again. Thor has become more popular with each movie and I can see him sticking around if Hemsworth is game. Tony could die or retire. But imo Steve is dead for sure. Guess we will have to wait and see but for wahtever reason I can see Thor and Carol being preoccupied with Thanos and since physically they are probaly the only ones who can survive using the gauntlet. Someone gonna have to jump on the grenade. That's caps thing.
    I don't really want to see anyone die per se, but I feel like the best thing for MCU Peter's character development would be killing Tony off (assuming they don't try and spin him as an "Uncle Ben").

BANNED

Here's an unpopular opinion on Avengers: Endgame (also patting myself on the back that I always was confident this would be the name of the movie):

Thanos doesn't have that much of a role in the next film. He's relegated to supporting character.

BANNED

Also (this is not much of a prediction, actually) Cap wlll never say "Avengers, Assemble!"

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Here's an unpopular opinion on Avengers: Endgame (also patting myself on the back that I always was confident this would be the name of the movie):

Thanos doesn't have that much of a role in the next film. He's relegated to supporting character.
    Who do you speculate to be the big baddie, assuming there is one?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002