Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    My feeling is that if Warlock isn't integral to the Infinity Stones, then he only really ever works on a solo level. A lot of his thunder has already been usurped by other franchises - GOTG being chief among them. I could perhaps see an intergalactic buddy movie with him and Silver Surfer after Galactus is dealt with in MCU, but on the other had those two personalities on screen all the time would be kind of oppressive, and I'm not sure I'm excited about how they would have to change one or the other to provide some contrast.

I think they should stay away from Namor, myself. Maybe if he has some kind of Loki sort of rule - basically a bad guy the heroes have to cope with and even team up with from time to time. I dunno. Just not much to get me excited with flat-iron head.
    Namor has a long history and at this point alot of it is spent being a hero. He just puts Atlantis before the surface world most the time and that leads to conflict. Lokis nature is to be evil and trys to do better for Thor. Namor is heroic but also very narcissistic and will kill the entire wolrd if it means saving Atlantis. They dont have to lean the evil way they can make him an enemy only when Wakanda or the F4 come in direct conflict with Wakanda. But I get what your saying. Namor has done some unforgivable **** just like Loki. Hes sided with Thanos or Doom and other villians. But usually hes disgusted by them and does it only to save Atlantis and what's left of his people. But then again some of the same writers that had him do some awfull **** had legit heroes in Tchalla and Black Bolt sneak attack and shank him. So Anyway they can make him an arrogant king but who's not evil. The MCU tweaks characters all the time. And like I said hes a straight hero alot of the time so it's not that big of a departure. Just ignore his less heroic qualities. Except for the part where hes the worlds biggest dick, keep that. It helps separate him from Aquaman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Namor has a long history and at this point alot of it is spent being a hero. He just puts Atlantis before the surface world most the time and that leads to conflict. Lokis nature is to be evil and trys to do better for Thor. Namor is heroic but also very narcissistic and will kill the entire wolrd if it means saving Atlantis. They dont have to lean the evil way they can make him an enemy only when Wakanda or the F4 come in direct conflict with Wakanda. But I get what your saying. Namor has done some unforgivable **** just like Loki. Hes sided with Thanos or Doom and other villians. But usually hes disgusted by them and does it only to save Atlantis and what's left of his people. But then again some of the same writers that had him do some awfull **** had legit heroes in Tchalla and Black Bolt sneak attack and shank him. So Anyway they can make him an arrogant king but who's not evil. The MCU tweaks characters all the time. And like I said hes a straight hero alot of the time so it's not that big of a departure. Just ignore his less heroic qualities. Except for the part where hes the worlds biggest dick, keep that. It helps separate him from Aquaman.
    Perhaps, but I'd be much more excited about almost any other property - Moon Knight, Warlock, that sort of thing.

A lot of early speculations about Endgame suggested that it would be a time travel movie, and that by going back in time the heroes will be able to undo the snap. I personally think that's the least likely outcome.

I think there will be time travel, but I don't think the snap will be undone, so to speak - that is, I don't think the resolution will be to create a new history where it never occurred.

The resolution in my mind will require a specific action from each of the stones, certainly individually, and possibly together as a whole. Each will "fix" some aspect of the snap (and make it easier to justify a 3 hour runtime).

Also, I believe that that souls of those who were snapped (and others as well, possibly) reside in the soul stone and no one knows it, not even Thanos. It has a secret power and that will come into play beyond bringing the snapped people back to reality. It does suggest that Thanos himself will become trapped in the soul stone - whether that's his hell, heaven or purgatory will be an interesting aspect to explore.

But beyond that, it raises the possibility that all of the stones have unknown abilities, and that, I think, makes the potential for Endgame to be a much more interesting film (as opposed to Infinity War all over again). We have objectives the heroes need to achieve beyond just "undo the snap."

We could end up even seeing the first truly cosmic-level crisis for the Avengers to face. If the snap damaged the gauntlet, might it also have damaged the stones? If the stones are damaged, is the nature of the universe itself by definition weakened? The original Avengers might easily spend their last mission saving the cosmos.

Also (this is not much of a prediction, actually) Cap wlll never say "Avengers, Assemble!"
    What the hell is it with Marvel and their fear of using a character's catch phrase?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    What the hell is it with Marvel and their fear of using a character's catch phrase?
    I think it's regarded as less a catch phrase and more a cliché. I personally don't want him to say it. It's a great phrase to use for a farce like Ragnarok. Not so much a serious superhero treatment. I'd hate to see Captain America reduced to Ragnarok level slapstick.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Marvel doesn't have a fear of catch phrase Avengers Assemble doesn't make any sense if all the characters around they are assembled. In the comics it has become a thing and people don't care but its basically a battle cry Avengers Assemble and its is kinda stupid .When you think about and you can ruin a serious moment by having people think about why is Cap saying that. As for using catch phrases the movies have used "We have a Hulk" a couple times so they are not behind using a line for effect if it makes sense.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 01-01-2019 at 10:55 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I think “avengers assemble” would work well if, let’s say, it’s followed by a snap from the gauntlet that brings everybody back.

I think it's regarded as less a catch phrase and more a cliché. I personally don't want him to say it. It's a great phrase to use for a farce like Ragnarok. Not so much a serious superhero treatment. I'd hate to see Captain America reduced to Ragnarok level slapstick.
    Well its not a cliché for most people who see the film, non-comic book readers. I do see what you mean, but at the same time its always a challenge to do these hero films and keep them from being slapstick-y. These are people in costumes running around fighting crime. Its naturally a bit unserious already.

I could see them doing it via communicators or cells or something like that. A SMS or DM to everyone, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I think “avengers assemble” would work well if, let’s say, it’s followed by a snap from the gauntlet that brings everybody back.
    That could work.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

So feigie was talking about how he excited to get hands on all these new characters from fox and then ended up talking about how adam McKay has been fighting hard to make a Silver Surfer for years. Anyone interested in a Silver Surfer movie from Adam McKay?

Sam Jackson just give away a kind of big spoiler on Captain Marvel
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Sam Jackson just give away a kind of big spoiler on Captain Marvel
    What? I saw the headline but when I clicked on it all It said was same stuff feigie been saying since last year. The carol gonna be the most powerful hero in the MCU

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    What? I saw the headline but when I clicked on it all It said was same stuff feigie been saying since last year. The carol gonna be the most powerful hero in the MCU
    He said she's the only MCU character with the ability to spoilers:
    time travel.
    end of spoilers
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    time travel.
    end of spoilers
    Ahh ok. Well then iono if like that. I do hope though that we get more Kick ass fury. Looks like hes just gonna be someone helping Carol a little and cracking jokes. If they do the BW movie let Jackson come and get a couple bad ass scenes. Feel like they arent using him very well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    time travel.
    end of spoilers
    Seems unlikely given we've already seen another character heavily influence this ... Thing ... In their own movie.

Seems unlikely given we've already seen another character heavily influence this ... Thing ... In their own movie.
    Could be that the Avngers plus Scot do this and then Carol does it separate and meets them there for a last second day saving scene. A la Thor in Infinity War

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Seems like Fox’s Silver Surfer movie might become a MCU film.