Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Who do you speculate to be the big baddie, assuming there is one?
    I assume the big bad is the 50% of life that needs to be restored. The objective is to restore what was lost, not to defeat what has won. Thanos will be a part of the story, just not a major part. His role was told in the previous movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I assume the big bad is the 50% of life that needs to be restored. The objective is to restore what was lost, not to defeat what has won. Thanos will be a part of the story, just not a major part. His role was told in the previous movie.
    this is not to say I think that Thanos won't be a huge part of the finale - I think he will. But only of the finale, not of the war

Fantastic Member

If I was a script writer on this show, I would not overlook the fact that there are six stones and six original Avengers. I'm not sure how I blend that coincidence together, but this is certain to be the swan song for those six, at least as single team, so it seems like an appropriate send-off somehow.
    e for the final disposition of the stones, whatever that may turn out to be.
    Syfy had an article where they ask for Cap to end up getting his dance with Peggy Carter and this is the ending I want for Chris Evans in the MCU. Time stone, do your thing.

My best guess:
    1-Iron Man will die during the course of the film maybe sacrifice himself to bring the 50 percent back somehow.
    2-Tony leaves his company to Peter, which is why Pete will be globe trotting in his next film.
    3-Final battle shows Cap using the gauntlet to defeat Thanos but appearing to die while he uses it.
    4-The surviving avengers gather to honor Cap and Iron Man with statues at avengers facility.
    5-Hawkeye Retires, Black Widow disappears setting up her solo movie, Thor establishes asgard with the survivors on midgard, Bucky becomes captain America, Ant-Man and Wasp get married, Rocket and the Guardians return to space in search of Gamora who they believe to be alive.
    6-Movie ends with the surviving Avengers team of Ant-Man, Wasp, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Captain Marvel, Spider-man, Hulk, Falcon, Bucky Cap all at avengers base circling up by having Black Panther say "Avengers Assemble" showing him as the leader of the future.
    7-Two Post Credit scenes- first shows that Cap using the gauntlet didn't kill him but gave him what he wanted and he wakes up back in the 40's and goes to the dance with Peggy. 2nd shows a returned Dr Strange arriving at the sanctum and seeing that Loki(who has been absent the whole movie) has returned and is the new sorcerer supreme.
    Last edited by regg215; 12-26-2018 at 11:03 PM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

I can the movies temporarily going back to smaller villians and then maybe once the merger stuff is 100% done and they have had time to plan stuff out we could see Kang/Doom/Galactus and the abstracts maybe/Korvac/Beyonder ETC.. I think are all possible villians we see going forward but I think they aim smaller for the immediate future. Also hope Magneto when serious and not just making a point is shown to be a threat that requires a Avengers level response. I mean we all know they reason the xmen are still alive half the time is because magneto doesnt want to kill them.

Oh think Namor/Magneto/Doom can be earth threats that also have some pathos like Thanos becuase they arent just simply evil. I wish we could got Doom instead of Thanos and then in the aftermath of Dooms Infinitt Gaunlte mess Thanos steps in as the baddie but could be cool to flip that but they need to establish doom first. Which they really cant plan for till things are 100% sure going through
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 12-27-2018 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    My best guess:
    1-Iron Man will die during the course of the film maybe sacrifice himself to bring the 50 percent back somehow.
    2-Tony leaves his company to Peter, which is why Pete will be globe trotting in his next film.
    3-Final battle shows Cap using the gauntlet to defeat Thanos but appearing to die while he uses it.
    4-The surviving avengers gather to honor Cap and Iron Man with statues at avengers facility.
    5-Hawkeye Retires, Black Widow disappears setting up her solo movie, Thor establishes asgard with the survivors on midgard, Bucky becomes captain America, Ant-Man and Wasp get married, Rocket and the Guardians return to space in search of Gamora who they believe to be alive.
    6-Movie ends with the surviving Avengers team of Ant-Man, Wasp, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Captain Marvel, Spider-man, Hulk, Falcon, Bucky Cap all at avengers base circling up by having Black Panther say "Avengers Assemble" showing him as the leader of the future.
    7-Two Post Credit scenes- first shows that Cap using the gauntlet didn't kill him but gave him what he wanted and he wakes up back in the 40's and goes to the dance with Peggy. 2nd shows a returned Dr Strange arriving at the sanctum and seeing that Loki(who has been absent the whole movie) has returned and is the new sorcerer supreme.
    You had me until this one. Wouldn't it make more sense for Mordo? Loki is getting a Disney+ show, so I would hazard a guess he gets a movie break.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    You had me until this one. Wouldn't it make more sense for Mordo? Loki is getting a Disney+ show, so I would hazard a guess he gets a movie break.
    That would actually be significantly better if it is Mordo. I think endgame will certainly set up a status quo change for Dr Strange 2. I was guessing it might be Loki because of the recent comic run but forgot about the tv show and from a story standpoint Mordo is a lot better.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Here's an unpopular opinion on Avengers: Endgame (also patting myself on the back that I always was confident this would be the name of the movie):

Thanos doesn't have that much of a role in the next film. He's relegated to supporting character.
    I think there's a good chance you're right. As far as Thanos is concerned, his part of the fight is over. And I believe it's implied the Gauntlet was damaged with his final act.

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    That would actually be significantly better if it is Mordo. I think endgame will certainly set up a status quo change for Dr Strange 2. I was guessing it might be Loki because of the recent comic run but forgot about the tv show and from a story standpoint Mordo is a lot better.
    From what we know of Doctor Strange 2 ... the writers, director, and main actors that didn't die in the first one are all coming back. I figured we'd be getting a battle for the title of Sorcerer Supreme in the sequel with Mordo. But if they want Loki in it, I wouldn't be surprised. They can't seem to quit him. I'd be okay if Loki was back but as a woman. That was a fun twist from the modern Thor run.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Fantastic Member

It was said that the Spider-Man Homecoming sequel begins moments after Endgame and since it will take place on a school trip to Europe, I predict that Peter Parker ends up back on the bus from IW which was on its way to the airport for his field trip in his movie, with no or altered memories of what happened.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    It was said that the Spider-Man Homecoming sequel begins moments after Endgame and since it will take place on a school trip to Europe, I predict that Peter Parker ends up back on the bus from IW which was on its way to the airport for his field trip in his movie, with no or altered memories of what happened.
    There's a part of me that hopes he does not remember the actual events, but it's a small part of me and I don't think it will happen. I think it's more likely that they won't even try to present an in-story explanation...just ignore the whole story as if it never happened.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    I feel it'll be closer to what Homecoming did with Civil War. Start the beginning of the movie dealing with the aftermath followed by a time jump.

With GOTG 3 release unknown at this time what do you guys think happens with Adam Warlock? Do you think he was primed to be a big deal in the MCU and the Stones or do you think his story was gonna be smaller and contained just to GOTG 3 and only seen again if they did a GOTG 4? Was just wondering if he had a story that was gonna impact the whole MCU or if they were making him just a Guardians threat and then maybe a potential member going forward.

Is it confirmed for sure that they can use Namor like Hulk? He can be in other movies just can't have a Solo. Cause one the MCU needs some Asian representation and Namor is prime for that Race bend. Plus I just love that character and feel like he can be villian slash anti hero for multiple phases. Appearing as friend and foe in both Black Panther movies, Xmen and Fantastic four. Plus I feel like hes the kind of dick that will make people go Oh well Tony and Dr Starnge arent that bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    With GOTG 3 release unknown at this time what do you guys think happens with Adam Warlock? Do you think he was primed to be a big deal in the MCU and the Stones or do you think his story was gonna be smaller and contained just to GOTG 3 and only seen again if they did a GOTG 4? Was just wondering if he had a story that was gonna impact the whole MCU or if they were making him just a Guardians threat and then maybe a potential member going forward.

Is it confirmed for sure that they can use Namor like Hulk? He can be in other movies just can't have a Solo. Cause one the MCU needs some Asian representation and Namor is prime for that Race bend. Plus I just love that character and feel like he can be villian slash anti hero for multiple phases. Appearing as friend and foe in both Black Panther movies, Xmen and Fantastic four. Plus I feel like hes the kind of dick that will make people go Oh well Tony and Dr Starnge arent that bad.
    My feeling is that if Warlock isn't integral to the Infinity Stones, then he only really ever works on a solo level. A lot of his thunder has already been usurped by other franchises - GOTG being chief among them. I could perhaps see an intergalactic buddy movie with him and Silver Surfer after Galactus is dealt with in MCU, but on the other had those two personalities on screen all the time would be kind of oppressive, and I'm not sure I'm excited about how they would have to change one or the other to provide some contrast.

I think they should stay away from Namor, myself. Maybe if he has some kind of Loki sort of rule - basically a bad guy the heroes have to cope with and even team up with from time to time. I dunno. Just not much to get me excited with flat-iron head.

Namor shouldn't be a part of anything. Especially not with those eyebrows and the bathing suit.