Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast

Lorna moved one van...a little. And it seems the head band was all for naught...
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 02-27-2019 at 06:45 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Heh, that's a good one. Closely examining this show makes one think it's more a farce than a serious attempt at crafting a show.
    I think the problem is two fold.

First, writers don't have a lot of experience in writing characters with combat powers. All things considered, powers that aren't supersenses or strength are pretty new.

Second, I really think they escalated things way too soon. First episode we meet the Underground, no one is really developed and then half the team we never knew that well defects in the end of the reason. And now that team gets killed, and no one much cares

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I like that part of Jace Turners coordinated plan was to have one dude with a giant chain on hand. You know, fire 10 bullets and then go straight into a Dukes of Hazard bar fight. Totally makes sense.
    Please, do not get me started.

Why another Purifier did not shoot that guy dead just for being an idiot is far beyond me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I think the problem is two fold.

First, writers don't have a lot of experience in writing characters with combat powers. All things considered, powers that aren't supersenses or strength are pretty new.

Second, I really think they escalated things way too soon. First episode we meet the Underground, no one is really developed and then half the team we never knew that well defects in the end of the reason. And now that team gets killed, and no one much cares
    I really agree with that second point. I had serious concerns with the way the show swerved in the MU vs. Inner Circle conflict. It felt forced and unnecessary. After that, I'm not sure they really knew what story they wanted to tell and it showed.

But so many times it felt like they didn't know how to use these mutant powers in combat. I don't want to make numberthirty's head explode, but that Thunderbird scene was *#**ing ridiculous. Lorna's most notable use of powers all season was somehow magnetically unlocking a computer. Eclipse fired up his powers, what, three times all season? We arguably saw more demonstrations of ability from the terrorist trio than we saw of the entire main cast. The Cuckoos were used frequently, but then often, inexplicably (even to Reeva!) couldn't detect obvious moles in their own walls.

I've come to the conclusion that these writers just were not equipped to write mutants. It's probably best they're not allowed to continue.

Incredible Member

I just caught the latest episode. I see most of you hated it, my verdict is... I LOVED IT !!!!!!!!

I am so not on the hate bandwagon!

I get that many of the characters are not using their powers well, that can be fixed with time. But that confrontation with Reeva was very satisfying, very nice effects such that it was not all in vain. I liked seeing future blink, I want more of this show, even though there is a good chance it will not return.

I didn't hate it either. Thunderbird was alright. Guy took rounds of bullets and was Captain America kicking people. I agree with everybody about Lorna though. She's pretty worthless in battle situations where she should be cleaning house within seconds. I like the show, but like AoS, it could be a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
    I didn't hate it either. Thunderbird was alright. Guy took rounds of bullets and was Captain America kicking people. I agree with everybody about Lorna though. She's pretty worthless in battle situations where she should be cleaning house within seconds. I like the show, but like AoS, it could be a lot better.
    I remember an episode of Married with Children where he was watching George Reeve's Superman show and says "Look at this the bad guys shoot Superman a dozen times see the bullets bounce off him and then throw their guns at him, it's like they can't kill him but they think they can give him a bad bruise what a bunch of morons." When Al Bundy is pointing out how dumb something is you got problems. These dummies who couldn't handle Thunderbird were being treated as a viable threat to the entire group.

Quote Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
    Lorna's uselessness could be explained though. She looked scared out of her wits the whole time after the first explosion. Very powerful but no composure when things get hairy. Oh why am I defending this... never mind.
    Live true or lie well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I wish they'd at least explained how Reeva intended to start a mutant nation with all this chaos. It seemed like all she was doing was starting a civil war, all the while killing what few soldiers her side had.
    As I was watching this episode I thought that maybe the plan was for Reeva to amp up the human/mutant tensions, thereby allowing whatsisname anti-mutant guy to gain enough of a following and sway with the public so that when the time came, he would advocate sending the mutants somewhere else rather than continue a war (that he and Reeva would make sure neither had the upper hand) and the people and the politicians would actually agree - thereby allowing for the creation of a mutant state somewhere.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I remember an episode of Married with Children where he was watching George Reeve's Superman show and says "Look at this the bad guys shoot Superman a dozen times see the bullets bounce off him and then throw their guns at him, it's like they can't kill him but they think they can give him a bad bruise what a bunch of morons." When Al Bundy is pointing out how dumb something is you got problems. These dummies who couldn't handle Thunderbird were being treated as a viable threat to the entire group.
    Excellent post.

But let's double down on it: the vaunted inner circle, the boogeyman of the whole season, ended up being undone by an unsecured, secret elevator that whisked one of them up to the top floor to confront a mutant with a long range power who stupidly waltzed up to the guy with the short range power.

So much for your boogeyman. They got undone by a secret backdoor.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    As I was watching this episode I thought that maybe the plan was for Reeva to amp up the human/mutant tensions, thereby allowing whatsisname anti-mutant guy to gain enough of a following and sway with the public so that when the time came, he would advocate sending the mutants somewhere else rather than continue a war (that he and Reeva would make sure neither had the upper hand) and the people and the politicians would actually agree - thereby allowing for the creation of a mutant state somewhere.
    Perhaps, I just wished they'd spelled it out. Because I don't see how it could really be possible, all things considered.

I mean, humans would win just by throwing bodies at the mutants.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Kinberg did teased at an Exiles series.
    For a second I thought that it was a tie in with the Dark Phoenix Saga.
    Last edited by tabo61; 02-28-2019 at 04:58 PM.

Next season is totally exiles. I just wonder if we will get an evil in control of his powers Reid next season
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Next season is totally exiles. I just wonder if we will get an evil in control of his powers Reid next season
    God I hope not. TV shows work best sticking to one genre, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    Lorna's uselessness could be explained though. She looked scared out of her wits the whole time after the first explosion. Very powerful but no composure when things get hairy. Oh why am I defending this... never mind.
    I'm with you. I guess i'm just waiting for her to actually do something.