Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Eh, while I think the Inner Circle needs to be dealt with, they are still far better than the Purifiers.

Hell, aside from Rebecca (by whom they were all shocked), so far the only thing they did to various humans was knocking them out, not killing them.
    Agreed.

Also humans continue to oppress, assault, murder, imprision and experiment on mutants but mutants can't do anything in return? In the last episode the humans burned down a mutant foster care home, no word on the bodycount of mutant children.

Given such dire circumstances the magneto-esque methods of the inner circle feel warranted.

Eh, while I think the Inner Circle needs to be dealt with, they are still far better than the Purifiers.

Hell, aside from Rebecca (by whom they were all shocked), so far the only thing they did to various humans was knocking them out, not killing them.
    The SS members the Frosts had commit suicide last season and the plane full of people Lorna killed to get one guy. And by releasing every mutant, innocent of guilty who knows how many other Rebecca's they set free.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Amazing Member

Didn't the Frosts almost have that one guy almost walk into a propeller plane only to have Esme get him crushed with a truck? Just so he could be silent after he had accepted their bribe? It doesn't sound like that's a unique thing for the Cuckoos or Reeva either.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

There's the drug addicted mutant hacker who the inner circle had killed for looking into their finances.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

They've been killing people all season long. Sorry, "tying up loose ends."
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    There's the drug addicted mutant hacker who the inner circle had killed for looking into their finances.
    The one the mutant underground almost killed with an overdose for their own ends?

They're about even on that one, though that was one of the few times the Underground showed some ruthless goal striving, naturally it was the Struckers who are basically their own thing now outside of the Underground.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    They've been killing people all season long. Sorry, "tying up loose ends."
    True. Our into to Reeve was her murdering the former heads of the inner circle.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    The SS members the Frosts had commit suicide last season and the plane full of people Lorna killed to get one guy. And by releasing every mutant, innocent of guilty who knows how many other Rebecca's they set free.
    In fairness, Lorna didn't crash a commercial airliner, but a private jet. A lot less deaths than implied, all to kill a guy who was enslaving mutants

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In fairness, Lorna didn't crash a commercial airliner, but a private jet. A lot less deaths than implied, all to kill a guy who was enslaving mutants
    The guy was scum no argument there but that's hardly a reason to take down the other people.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Alright I kinda forgot these, but that still doesn't make them as bad as literal Nazi analogies (I mean really, SS? Could it be any more obvious?)
    I've never been one to buy into these 'If you do this, you are JUST as bad' argumentents. There is a difference between being a bully who beats up little kids for fun or being somebody who beats up said bully.

I think of the Purifiers to be more like the KKK.

They are still both villainous groups who will kill or endanger Innocents to achieve their goals. Having nobler intentions doesn't make the inner circle better. Just a lesser evil.

BANNED

This show is so unevenly written people can't remember what happened 4 episodes ago.

It may be time to face the facts - there are elements of a good show here, but by and large it's just not. Entertaining maybe, but it kinda sucks.

It's not because I don't love the show, it's because I'm watching so much other stuff right now and I'm kinda busy in RL too^^

BANNED

It's not because I don't love the show, it's because I'm watching so much other stuff right now and I'm kinda busy in RL too^^
    Maybe. Or maybe the various groups are written so unevenly you can't keep straight who does what or stands for what. I don't blame you, I blame the show.

Keeping track of who does what isn't difficult at all and what they stand for. It's the Draco in leather pants trope hard at work.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Keeping track of who does what isn't difficult at all and what they stand for. It's the Draco in leather pants trope hard at work.
    Pretty much. Sympathizing with a villain doesn't necessarily mean you have to or should gloss over the wrongs they've committed. At least Andy seemed to finally realize that when Rebecca made it clear she was going to kill everyone in the Inner Circle for (rightfully) imprisoning her before she could go on any more counterproductive murder sprees. That said, while we can blame the Underground all we want for their ineffectiveness, it doesn't change that the Inner Circle is still the bad guys --- their intentions to create a mutant homeland where they can be safe from human persecution are good and understandable, but their methods involve a lot of bloodshed and treating people, mutants and humans alike, as merely means to an end and almost casually discarding anyone who gets in the way or outlives their usefulness. On the other side, though, we do have to acknowledge that the Purifiers (and their sympathizers) are hellbent on genocide, and that scene with the scientist working on Reed where she called the X-Gene and its bearers a curse upon human families couldn't have been any clearer in that regard.
    The spider is always on the hunt.