Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Long overdue, IMO.

I think people often forget how evil the Hellfire Club was when it was introduced. They were gene traitors, selling out their own kind for money and power
    They saw themselves as an elite class/group above not just humanity, but the rest of mutantkind as well. Sacrificing a few "lesser" mutants --- whether as pawns, foot soldiers, or even "collateral damage" --- for their own power and prosperity would be par for the course. After all, at one point in the comics, the Sentinels were being built by Shaw Industries, run by the Hellfire Club's Black King Sebastian Shaw. Come to think of it, that was an excellent racket --- build Sentinels for the government to hunt mutants, then use the Sentinel hunts as a way to convince disenfranchised mutants to buy into what the Hellfire Club was selling. Kind of like what seems to be happening now in the show with the likes of Benedict Ryan being used to stir up anti-mutant hate and drive up Purifier recruitment so that mutants who might otherwise just try to lay low or live in peace will feel so besieged by humanity that they're easier for Reeva to sway into the Inner Circle.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Was this ship massacre mentioned previously at all? They kept bringing it up and i felt like i had missed something. i thought the only big human massacres by mutants were the day the X-Men disappeared and Jace's daughter died. When did they murder a cruise ship of human families???

Reeva and Sandy Cohen was interesting. I wonder if he's secrely sympathetic or she's banking on recruiting based on more aggressive negative spin which she can fan the flames of.

Also Lauren can make saw blade constructs now? Hope they're going to expand on why the music box can make them recall memories and powers of their ancestors.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Was this ship massacre mentioned previously at all? They kept bringing it up and i felt like i had missed something. i thought the only big human massacres by mutants were the day the X-Men disappeared and Jace's daughter died. When did they murder a cruise ship of human families???

Reeva and Sandy Cohen was interesting. I wonder if he's secrely sympathetic or she's banking on recruiting based on more aggressive negative spin which she can fan the flames of.

Also Lauren can make saw blade constructs now? Hope they're going to expand on why the music box can make them recall memories and powers of their ancestors.
    Ship massacre is new. It wasn't brought up until now.

I'm not fond of Lauren recalling memories of her great grandparents. I always found the concept of genetic memory to be completely stupid.

It's several orders of magnitude less stupid than having the power to project enough energy to level buildings.
    Live true or lie well.

Mighty Member

Blink made a dumb decision to leave.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    No she didn't. With all the central leadership of the underground dead their organization will crumble. All season all we heard is the other stations going dark. There's no point in fighting a losing battle.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    No she didn't. With all the central leadership of the underground dead their organization will crumble. All season all we heard is the other stations going dark. There's no point in fighting a losing battle.
    There is if that battle is gonna consume you and everyone else.

I think the problem is that for all John talks about fighting, he hasn't come up with a game plan. Get off the pot, already.

BANNED

This show is painful to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    And more point in hiding, hoping they won`t find you?

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

So the Underground are now so incompetent, they're dead. Okay.

The arc for the episode was they're not even competent enough with a spy in the enemy camp to stop an assassination. I just don't get why the show is focusing on such passive useless characters and expecting us to root for them.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I disgaree. She's no use to them anymore, she rarely portals them anywhere anymore, she can't fight, she might just whines at John for being a reckless douchebag.
    With the Morlocks she is safe (if memory serves they've got impenetrable tunnels due to some maze power thing and they aren't constantly leaving to do dumb missions so it's not like anyone would really be able to find them down there. And she is a lot more useful to the Morlocks as shown when she helped them get supplies to feed everyone.

It does raise a debate about living vs surviving given they live in a literal sewer.
    Last edited by Iron Fist; 01-22-2019 at 08:14 AM.

When do you think they will figure out a way to neutralize Reva?
    I can think of three or four and I don't have mutant powers.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

While that douche is dead.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    When do you think they will figure out a way to neutralize Reva?
    I can think of three or four and I don't have mutant powers.
    Seriously. Her powers don't even seem to have a physical effect ala Banshee

BANNED

All of the heroes in this show are just stupid.

I'm rooting for a Skrull invasion at this point.

It's borderline hilarious just how badly what's left of the underground plan what they do.