Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

"Gifted" post mortem:
    -- For a show that was sold as being about a family, they threw in a lot of others and a whole mutant war. The Struckers were still center, but the show began to suffer from the plague of all X-properties - too many characters.
    -- That said, I loved Thunderbird on the show, despite the cliched "tracker" ability for a Native American.
    -- THE biggest mistake of Season 2 in my mind was that they totally sidelined Polaris. At the end of last season I thought they were really creating their own Prof X/Magneto deeply divided frenemy dynamic. Polaris should have been leading the more militant side of the mutant cause rather than throwing in Reva et al. Having her just follow someone she doesn't trust then betray them and run back to the Underground just diminished her character in every way.
    -- Another mistake was keeping Agent whatsisname around. I get wanting to show the human side of things, but with two mutant factions (three after they included the Morlocks) and that many characters, I didn't need it. Should have just written him off. Just have that proto-Ahab guy pop up here and there and build him up to be a much deadlier threat by the end of the season.
    -- So far, I haven't seen one person say that they're really bummed this show is done. I guess that says it all.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    "Gifted" post mortem:
    -- For a show that was sold as being about a family, they threw in a lot of others and a whole mutant war. The Struckers were still center, but the show began to suffer from the plague of all X-properties - too many characters.
    -- That said, I loved Thunderbird on the show, despite the cliched "tracker" ability for a Native American.
    -- THE biggest mistake of Season 2 in my mind was that they totally sidelined Polaris. At the end of last season I thought they were really creating their own Prof X/Magneto deeply divided frenemy dynamic. Polaris should have been leading the more militant side of the mutant cause rather than throwing in Reva et al. Having her just follow someone she doesn't trust then betray them and run back to the Underground just diminished her character in every way.
    -- Another mistake was keeping Agent whatsisname around. I get wanting to show the human side of things, but with two mutant factions (three after they included the Morlocks) and that many characters, I didn't need it. Should have just written him off. Just have that proto-Ahab guy pop up here and there and build him up to be a much deadlier threat by the end of the season.
    -- So far, I haven't seen one person say that they're really bummed this show is done. I guess that says it all.
    I'm bummed that Coby Bell and Amy Acker are out of a job, does that count?

I am pretty bummed actually.