Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Which nobody proposed. Andy was speaking about the Purifiers, not humans in general.

As for the Underground needing help to free John: Well, Lorna has the best power to counter gun fire. None of the Underground (except John, who is captured) are bulletproof.
    Andy was speaking about anyone of his ilk. That would extend beyond the purifiers.

Which still wouldn't be "genocide" of any capacity.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Andy was speaking about anyone of his ilk. That would extend beyond the purifiers.
    i do have to agree with this, while he says it they're purposefully turning the camera on his mom to get her reaction. He clearly meant it to be about all humans without really specifying which seems to be what causes his mothers face to drop.

Benefit of the doubt though, he probably was thinking any human who hates mutants but that really isnt how it came out.

BANNED

Which still wouldn't be "genocide" of any capacity.
    That seems like an odd argument to make. He said he wants to kill large numbers of humans because they are human. That’s sorta, definitionally, genocide.

Incredible Member

This is not the first time Andy has expressed and showed a desire to go dark. He's somewhere in between polaris and that girl who inverted that room into meat sacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    That seems like an odd argument to make. He said he wants to kill large numbers of humans because they are human. That’s sorta, definitionally, genocide.
    Not because they are humans, he wants to kill the ones who are racist against mutants.

Seriously, do y'all deliberately distort the facts so much?

BANNED

Not because they are humans, he wants to kill the ones who are racist against mutants.

Seriously, do y'all deliberately distort the facts so much?
    I just think you're taking a deliberately narrow/literal meaning from what I think was pretty clearly meant to be more than that.

I'm stating what was actually said. You are stating your interpretation, which, in my opinion, holds little weight.
    Andy said that he wants to kill humans with the mindsets of the Purifiers. Not just any random human on the street. Episodes ago, he defended his mother against Rebecca's violent fantasies and was shocked (just as much as everyone else) about her bloodbath.

Look, I'm not saying that he is in the right. The show pretty clear gives us the alignments of each group (Underground white, Purifiers black, Inner Circle grey).
    I'm just opposed to this "They are violent, so they are just as bad as the people they are opposing" argument, because that is an incredibly false dichotommy to me. By that logic, any kind of rebellion is inherently wrong.

(It reminds me on the whole "Antifa is just as bad as Nazis" argument.)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm stating what was actually said. You are stating your interpretation, which, in my opinion, holds little weight.
    Andy said that he wants to kill humans with the mindsets of the Purifiers. Not just any random human on the street. Episodes ago, he defended his mother against Rebecca's violent fantasies and was shocked (just as much as everyone else) about her bloodbath.

Look, I'm not saying that he is in the right. The show pretty clear gives us the alignments of each group (Underground white, Purifiers black, Inner Circle grey).
    I'm just opposed to this "They are violent, so they are just as bad as the people they are opposing" argument, because that is an incredibly false dichotommy to me. By that logic, any kind of rebellion is inherently wrong.

The thing is, the random human on the street could have the mindset of a purifier. The difference between them is the purifier will act on their bigotry. Where Andy's head is right now there isn't a difference between them.

BANNED

If you only take literal meaning out of TV shows you aren't doing it right. And, for the record, you're not even doing that. You're interpreting a vague phrase because he didn't say "with the mindsets of Purifiers", that's your spin on it.

I won't disagree with your second paragraph, there is a lot of grey when you start discussing something like "Are they as evil?" That's a multi-layered, complicated discussion in just about any setting. I do think we will see that Andy meant something mroe than your interpretation, but time will tell. Or maybe not. This show can't figure out what the hell it's trying to say. By next week Thunderbird might get run over by a Prius failing to do some new "Underground's Next Failed Plan" storyline.

So President Drumfk is crying and lying about his wall tonight at 9 est, which will preempt The Gifted. Wonder if they will repeat it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So President Drumfk is crying and lying about his wall tonight at 9 est, which will preempt The Gifted. Wonder if they will repeat it.
    WT? Oh no! I need my The Gifted fix!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    A sad irony.

A show about characters fighting an oppressive bigoted majority is being preempted by a bigoted president seeking to oppress a minority.

Could cut that irony with a knife.

Alert!! My cable guide is saying Gifted is starting at 9:08, WT? He is talking for 8 minutes? I guess Fox won't show the Democratic rebuttal.
    Well I'll set my DVR accordingly.
    It makes you want to join the Inner Circle.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Well it did air. Good episode. So the Fox News guy is colluding with the Inner Circle. War is good for everybody.

That orange skinned mutant giving the speech at the begining of the show was scarier than anything else.