Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    A sad irony.

A show about characters fighting an oppressive bigoted majority is being preempted by a bigoted president seeking to oppress a minority.

Could cut that irony with a knife.

I live in the Pacific Time Zone, and so I didn't have to deal with that crap.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It is when you counter with genocide of your own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Which nobody proposed. Andy was speaking about the Purifiers, not humans in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Andy was speaking about anyone of his ilk. That would extend beyond the purifiers.
    It would only extend to other racists who wanted to kill or harm mutants just for who they are. Not a genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    That seems like an odd argument to make. He said he wants to kill large numbers of humans because they are human.
    Not because they are humans, he wants to kill the ones who are racist against mutants.
    It's so ridiculous. Seeing people in the threads here who are like "Purifiers wanting to kill every mutant just because of who they are is a-ok." and then two minutes later be like: "but killing racists because they want to murder you and all your kind is BAD uwu".

A sad irony.

A show about characters fighting an oppressive bigoted majority is being preempted by a bigoted president seeking to oppress a minority.

Could cut that irony with a knife.
    It's even more shocking that some people on this thread will see Trump's racism and bigotry as a good thing because they seem to support the Purifiers in the fictional equivalent!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

You got a warped perception if you believe anyone in this thread is supporting the purifiers.

BANNED

Jace was told the purifiers are like the KKK and yet he lies for a murderer who killed a innocent mutant kid.
    Jace has no morals

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Jace was told the purifiers are like the KKK and yet he lies for a murderer who killed a innocent mutant kid.
    Jace has no morals
    He's clearly pained by it, though. One hopes that it will guide him to make actual, moral decisions.

BANNED

He's clearly pained by it, though. One hopes that it will guide him to make actual, moral decisions.
    He seems like a nice guy with a strong immoral mindset.
    He thinks he doing the right thing by doing wrong.

Amazing Member

Jace is a declining character for me.

Even though the motivation can be seen. I find it very weak.

It's nice to see the episode without Reeva. Find her character boring after the fiasco with Twist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lexembert View Post

It's nice to see the episode without Reeva. Find her character boring after the fiasco with Twist.
    Jace Turner's story arch makes absolutely no sense. None.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Jace has no morals
    If the cops in The Gifted work anything like the cops in other TV shows they'll discover the bullet went through the kid while he was sitting down and that Jace was lying.

Doubt it'd happen but if him and his cop friend both got chucked in jail that'd be nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Lexembert View Post

Jace joining the Purifiers out of necessity, trying to tone down their rhetoric, but then ultimately giving in to hate after feeling betrayed was from a story standpoint, the way to go, but it still comes across as really forced. You could just see the plot mechanics pushing him to where they wanted him to end up.

But then again, this was never the best-written show on tv, so his characterization isn't so much weaker than anyone else's, imo.

Mighty Member

That rescue mission scenes to save Thunderbird was pretty good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Jace joining the Purifiers out of necessity, trying to tone down their rhetoric, but then ultimately giving in to hate after feeling betrayed was from a story standpoint, the way to go, but it still comes across as really forced. You could just see the plot mechanics pushing him to where they wanted him to end up.

But then again, this was never the best-written show on tv, so his characterization isn't so much weaker than anyone else's, imo.
    This. The Gifted is scripted by the "What's the least intelligible, consistent way for us to get this character from A to B" maxim it seems. I tire of it, I kind of hope this show get the Ol' Yeller treatment. Save some of these character from being banished forever to this mess.

So after todays episode, there is finally some validity to comparing the Inner Circle to the Purifiers. I guess it had to come down this road eventually.
    Really excited to see what exactly the deal between Reva and Benedict Ryan is.

And whether Lauren will join the Inner Circle or not.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

So after todays episode, there is finally some validity to comparing the Inner Circle to the Purifiers. I guess it had to come down this road eventually.

The horseshoe effect, I've heard it called, insofar as when two groups with seemingly diametrically opposed motives and goals have more in common, at least when it comes to tactics, mindsets, and/or beliefs, than either would want to admit. The Inner Circle believes that humans are incapable of coexisting with mutants and will always seek their subjugation, if not their annihilation. The Purifiers believe that mutants are incapable of coexisting with humans and will always seek their subjugation, if not their annihilation. Not as different as they want to believe they are, especially with the Purifiers' media mouthpiece colluding with Reeva for whatever reason.

To me, that also draws a parallel to how in the real world, there are certain media figures in Western society who engage in anti-Muslim fearmongering, and that actually goes hand-in-hand with Islamic extremists in the Middle East cajoling Muslims to join them in acts of terrorism, both proclaiming that Muslims cannot live peacefully in the West, so they might as well burn it all down. Similarly, the Purifiers and the Inner Circle are both telling mutants that peaceful coexistence is impossible, so mutants might as well rise up and subjugate --- or destroy --- humanity altogether. The more Purifier recruits there are, the more soldiers Reeva can rally for the Inner Circle, in a vicious cycle that does nothing but perpetuate itself until the inevitable conflagration.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Long overdue, IMO.

I think people often forget how evil the Hellfire Club was when it was introduced. They were gene traitors, selling out their own kind for money and power