View Poll Results: What should power structures be?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Billy’s at the top

11 68.75%
  • Equals

5 31.25%
  • Other

0 0%
    Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Default Shazam Family Power Levels

Here’s something I’ve been thinking about, and I’d like to get a consensus. Are the members of the Marvel Family equals, or is Billy the strongest of the bunch? Only powered characters here. You could take this as all six kids or just Billy, Mary, and Freddy.

What do you think?

Fantastic Member

Are you talking about the most recent version of the Shazam Family? If so, there really isn't enough info to draw a conclusion.

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Opinions. I know what happened in canon.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    Here’s something I’ve been thinking about, and I’d like to get a consensus. Are the members of the Marvel Family equals, or is Billy the strongest of the bunch? Only powered characters here. You could take this as all six kids or just Billy, Mary, and Freddy.

What do you think?
    SO far SHAZAM Billy is the only one shown to be able to call on and have all the powers.
    He was able to share them divide them among the new family. but they emphasized one power each.
    Although how exactly Mary and Freddy's specific power manifest was vague.

Mary - Courage - I'd really emphasis this, while the others might hesitate in a few situations, she should fearlessly step-up.
    Freddy - Stamina - Love this one, while as civilian he's in crutches, powered up he should outlast them all.
    Eugene - Wisdom - Manifests his own unique way used to communicate with technology.
    Pedro -Strength
    Darla - Speed

Plus they all gained flight, and some vague level of strength endurance etc...
    Also it's significant that sharing this power especially after extending it to Tawny as well, weakened Billy.
    So it's not something he could (so far) maintain indefinitely (although the implication is he was still learning what he could or couldn't do) , which should play out in the further books.
    So far it's only Billy who has all the powers, and powered them up.
    And I'm fine with that being how it works, (for a bit anyway)

If the kids will eventually be able to access the power themselves, remains to be seen.
    Significant were clues to Mary connecting to the "magic" directly all on her own.
    And her being tied to Billy directly - as in being actual siblings.
    Which should be revealed, and play out as the title continues.
    So she may be, and should be the first to call-on, and access the full power-set directly on her own.
    And yes she should be pretty much just as powerful.

How it manifest long term in Freddy and the others, we will see?
    As far as my preference, I'd be fine with Billy and Mary being the ones who can call-on and access the full powers-set on their own.
    While the others need to be powered up by one of them. And mostly channel one specific power/attribute, distinguishing a unique take on the specific ability.
    Although I'd be fine with it if they can eventually call on it themselves too.
    While Freddy's stamina being pretty vague (I guess he can outlast the others?), it should read as pretty much just as powerful. And the others, I'd again leave it as is pretty vague as to the over-all powers, but always emphasis them excelling in their specific attributes.
    Wisdom, Strength, Speed.

So yeah, While Billy and Mary I'd want to excel in all the powers, Freddy should be able to just outlast them in some aspects. Darla, should be able to just slightly sneak past them in speed specifically, Pedro should be able to lift just a tiny bit more. And Eugene as we've seen manifests wisdom always his own unique way.
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-29-2018 at 02:19 PM.

BANNED

Tawny is my favorite.

I think Billy should be at the top. He's the star of the IP, and it helps keep him the focus of the narrative.

That said, I have no issue at all with the other kids being *almost* as powerful, and I do like the idea that Billy becomes weaker, the more he shares his powers, so there's room to switch this up a little here and there. Like, I could see a story where a villain overpowers Billy and is basking in his glory, only to find out that Billy purposefully weakened himself well beyond normal and one of the other kids is actually channeling the "full" power, and that kid then goes on to surprise and soundly defeat the villain.

But typically? Billy's the Champion, he should be the most powerful, even if it's only incremental.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post

What do you think?
    I really do not know. I am very curious.

I asked this question recently on another Shazam thread, but did not see any answers.

So as per issue #1 it looks like they can all at least call on the power themselves now.
    It's not Billy powering them up.
    That was a one time thing and it took, it is in fact now permanent for all of them.
    They can do it themselves.
    Speculation on how the powers manifest breaks down in each (see above)
    Last edited by Güicho; 12-07-2018 at 06:42 AM.