Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I've wanted to have Paquette on-board something since he kicked off the New 52 with my favorite scene: Superman in the window surveying the chaos at the start of Swamp Thing. Good, dark sci-fi aesthetic like always, and he's probably got the best two page splash layouts this side of Francis Manapul. And a Lex meeting with Lois... that takes me back to Adventures #575

Where I thought the Man of Steel pace was perfect, Bendis has been getting a little more stingy as these issues go on. Of course, that doesn't feel like it matters as much when each scene is solid. Bendis is maybe a cheap bartender, but he's also the master of making you wanna see where it's going. I feel like a cartoon dog being dragged by a whiff of pie.

And Perry's right to be harsh on Ms. Goode, because she's not as good as she came off at first. She's not really running things and doesn't have any leverage; to not point a finger at Clark even after Batman showed up means she didn't suspect him in the first place. Maybe she'll catch on I guess, to be fair it's not like Lois ever had an easy time.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    to not point a finger at Clark even after Batman showed up means she didn't suspect him in the first place. Maybe she'll catch on I guess, to be fair it's not like Lois ever had an easy time.
    A way more nefarious and dangerous version of the old silver age expose the secret story while Lois is off on some next level sh!t. Kind of a cool little update/ semi-passing of the torch similar to what Morrison, Waid, Millar, and Peyer wanted to do with Cat Grant. As I recall she was to become the one trying and failing to expose Clark and also making advances after him while Lois and Clark maintained a long distance relationship and had fun by acting like they were always bickering as their shared cover.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

That makes me wonder when we'll see Melody again.

On the DP, someone mentioned that Jimmy should know. It seems like it can definitely work either way, but I like how natural everyone acts in not knowing. Those things, like mentioning Luthor or how Clark hates people messing with his tie, did feel like things people would say when they have nothing to hide or read between the lines on, and I think that's more convincing.

Spectacular Member

My friend Collin Colsher from "The Real Batman Chronology Project" wrote that Lois actually never went on the stellar trip along with Jonathan and Jor-El, but stayed on Earth to work on her top-secret book project which involves star labs and lex.

If that's the case, she has lied to Clark. That's how and why their relationship is going to change. Trust no more?

I'll wait and see... Bendis is playing with fire here...

Quote Originally Posted by AntoKent17 View Post
    My friend Collin Colsher from "The Real Batman Chronology Project" wrote that Lois actually never went on the stellar trip along with Jonathan and Jor-El, but stayed on Earth to work on her top-secret book project which involves star labs and lex.

If that's the case, she has lied to Clark. That's how and why their relationship is going to change. Trust no more?

That seems pretty out there. For now, I trust that they aren't going to screw this up, but that's mainly because Superman's "voice" has felt so on point up until now. But my faith on the Lois front has a short fuse to begin with on all of this, so that could change quickly.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

BANNED

My friend Collin Colsher from "The Real Batman Chronology Project" wrote that Lois actually never went on the stellar trip along with Jonathan and Jor-El, but stayed on Earth to work on her top-secret book project which involves star labs and lex
    That's a ridiculous theory and there's been nothing in the comics that backs it up. Lois' book project started off as a cover to explain her absence (it became a legit project later), and her whole motivation for going with Jon and Jor-El was to look after her son as she did'nt trust Jor-El. She came back to Earth for a different reason than that...also, from the sound of things at the end of this issue, she wasn't actively seeking Lex out and was annoyed he had even found her.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 09-27-2018 at 12:53 AM.

Astonishing Member

This sounds like someone simply looking for contrived drama for drama's sake. I don't think Bendis would ever take things this far when he insists on depicting L&C love for one another as unique (due to their unique circumstances) but still very deep. Lois left with Jor-El and Jon and returned a while before Clark discovered it, it's very straight forward to me.

All-New Member

I have never read any of Brian Michael Bendis' work previously so his work with DC is very new to me but I have enjoyed Action Comics and Superman since the renumbering. I have found that Patrick Gleason's artwork does not seem as strong as it did on the Superman books post Rebirth. I think the vibrant colours in those issues really assisted the artwork but the more muted colouring in Action Comics takes something away from Gleason's artwork. Does anyone else agree?

Astonishing Member

I think Gleason only did the first two issues of Action.

This would paint Lois in a very bad light. Its portrayed, appropriately, that she went with her son because she's a mother and she wasn't about to let him go on a trip like this alone. Its like a mother having a son super into hiking or something, and finally giving in and letting him go but only on the condition that she comes too. An exaggerated form of this in the fact that the trip we're talking about is space. If they were to reveal this was all some trick of deception for her job...it would just make her look like a pretty crappy mother on top of being a crappy wife. It would open up and even validate a troubling question: does Lois care more about her job than her family? That's why I liked her decision so much in MOS. What she did showed that for all her love of her job, and we know she loves it a lot, she loves her son more. It was a great look. Turning that on its head would be an awful look.

So long story short, I can't see this happening.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    This would paint Lois in a very bad light. Its portrayed, appropriately, that she went with her son because she's a mother and she wasn't about to let him go on a trip like this alone. Its like a mother having a son super into hiking or something, and finally giving in and letting him go but only on the condition that she comes too. An exaggerated form of this in the fact that the trip we're talking about is space. If they were to reveal this was all some trick of deception for her job...it would just make her look like a pretty crappy mother on top of being a crappy wife. It would open up and even validate a troubling question: does Lois care more about her job than her family? That's why I liked her decision so much in MOS. What she did showed that for all her love of her job, and we know she loves it a lot, she loves her son more. It was a great look. Turning that on its head would be an awful look.

So long story short, I can't see this happening.
    It also doesn't make sense because like you said, the reason she was so against Jor-El going with Jon was because he was too young to be leaving Earth with a stranger.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFalcon72 View Post
    I have never read any of Brian Michael Bendis' work previously so his work with DC is very new to me but I have enjoyed Action Comics and Superman since the renumbering. I have found that Patrick Gleason's artwork does not seem as strong as it did on the Superman books post Rebirth. I think the vibrant colours in those issues really assisted the artwork but the more muted colouring in Action Comics takes something away from Gleason's artwork. Does anyone else agree?
    I’ve enjoyed Gleason’s art so far although he hasn’t gotten to do anything as crazy as the first Rebirth arc. The big spread showcasing Supes origin and saving people was A+ work.