Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Ava DuVernay, Antoine Fuqua, Malcolm D. Lee...
    The color palette and visuals Ava used in A Wrinkle in Time is exactly what I would want an X-men movie to look like.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    The color palette and visuals Ava used in A Wrinkle in Time is exactly what I would want an X-men movie to look like.
    I was actually very disappointed with that film. I loved the book as a child and was excited to see it brought to the screen, but it was a near complete miss for me. I wanted to believe Ava could deliver, but she really didn't. Not sure I'd trust her with the X-Men at this point.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I was actually very disappointed with that film. I loved the book as a child and was excited to see it brought to the screen, but it was a near complete miss for me. I wanted to believe Ava could deliver, but she really didn't. Not sure I'd trust her with the X-Men at this point.
    I definitely agree it was a bit underwhelming, but I think with the look and colors of that and the tone and heart of Selma would make a really good X-men movie.

Guillermo del Toro
    Jordan Peele

Would love someone unknowns too

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Somewhat offtopic, but could you go into a bit more detail regarding your expectations and how you felt Duvornay missed the mark?

As for me, I enjoyed the film from a removed perspective. AWIT wasn't as dear a myth to me as it was for others, the movie was clearly a children's story and filmed to tell a children's story, and there were clear liberties taken for Duvornay to reinterpret the text in her own vision. I was fine with it, and can't wait for my nephews to enjoy it.

I actually want Denis Villeneuve or Christopher Nolan to do an X-Men movie, but I know it wont happen.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    The Wachowskis
    Oh no please. Sense8 was garbage and so slow. 3% of the show was sci-fi. The 97% left was all drama. I actually want to see good fighting and sci-fi. I'm not even gonna talk about the overuse of slowmotion (ugh). No wonder it was cancelled, don't advertise your show as sci-fi if its not.

Mighty Member

No love for Joss Whedon? We've seen him craft an astonishing X-Men story and we saw him launch the Avengers Movie...
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Extraordinary Member

Here some talk about the x-men in the future mcu and fox x-men movies from comic book girl 19.

Captain Marvel and X-Men in the MCU discussion
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7zw6Jo_Ong

and

Discusses the X-men.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlqLYTHvEZY
    Last edited by mace11; 10-02-2018 at 02:22 AM.

The "M" in MCU stands for Marvel.

Half of the directors being discussed probably have zero interest in an "X-Men" property, and there is no way Marvel is going to give the other half the say they would want in where the properties are headed.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    No love for Joss Whedon? We've seen him craft an astonishing X-Men story and we saw him launch the Avengers Movie...
    I'm all for Joss Whedon coming back to Marvel to re-launch the X-Men. Enough water will have been gone under the bridge by then to heal every wound. Age of Ultron might not have been perfect but it still had a lot of great moments, and Avengers 1 is as good as it gets in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I'm all for Joss Whedon coming back to Marvel to re-launch the X-Men. Enough water will have been gone under the bridge by then to heal every wound. Age of Ultron might not have been perfect but it still had a lot of great moments, and Avengers 1 is as good as it gets in my opinion.
    Age of Ultron was good but suffered from the Marvel 2nd movie issue of setting up other movies and points. Iron Man 2 and Avengers Age of Ultron would be whole lot better if they weren't trying set up sequels or tie thing together

As for the topic Jordan Peele just seem like a interesting choice for me