Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Default X-Men Red #8 *spoilers*

Apparently and according to multiple books, it didn't take.

spoilers:
    Storm actually decimates whatever is left of Hammer Bay, which is of course where Nova was hiding. A good reference.

Ororo is actually the key in taking down Nova while Jean, Gentle, Gabby, Laura, and Trinary all link up to take down the Sentinites.
    end of spoilers

Storm fans and Trinary fans are going to LOVE this issue. Given how it ends it looks like everything will be up to Jean in the final act.

**EDIT**

OKAY SO SINCE THERE'S NO REAL SYNOPSIS HERE...

• The issue starts with the preview.
    • Trinary doesn't say thousands or millions or billions. Just a bunch. And all the sentinites are headed for major metropolitan areas. Cassandra is ready to declare victory.
    • But with a mix of Cerebro, Gabby, Trinary, Jean, Gentle, and eventually Laura, Jean comes up with a way to get rid of the Sentinites. Checkmate, Nova.
    • In the meantime Storm, as the second in command and bad bitch that she is, comes up with a plan of her own to weed Cassandra out after she makes herself known during the Sentinite's destruction: she's hiding out at Genosha.
    • She has Kurt teleport her to the surface and flies the rest of the way to Genosha, where she destroys it in a mix of flood and hurricane! Seems like Magneto's nuke didn't work all that well.
    • She tries to have Forge reinstate the sentinites but he resists her.
    • But as those of us who read the annual know, Cassandra Nova has one more ace up her sleeve: RACHEL GREY. She activates the clearly mental suggestions she put into Rachel's mind (between this and Mesmero, Rachel is THE WORST telepathic X-Man) with the intent to murder the heck out of Jean.
    • End scene.

Carnero's art is still on point, though the shoulderpads on the costume are still way too big. The issue was actually pretty good and very actiony, and at least all of te female characters got really decent showings. I'm excited to see where this goes in the final act.
    Last edited by Harpsikord; 09-26-2018 at 06:44 AM.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

This was AWESOME. Art and script on point and an amazing cliffhanger

I loved how spoilers:
    Rachel just fucking owned Rockslide. That was amazing.
    end of spoilers
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I'm excited to read this later today!! It sounds like an amazing issue building towards a great finale down the line. I'm super intrigued about Rachel's appearance and how it will play out.

How did I end up the OP of this thread when I didn't even start it lmfao

Are people gonna want a synopsis? I can edit the OP for that.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I'm excited to read this later today!! It sounds like an amazing issue building towards a great finale down the line. I'm super intrigued about Rachel's appearance and how it will play out.
    Why is Gabby more prominent in this book than Nightcrawler, Storm and Gambit? Also was it just me or did this issue seem ridiculously short?
    L'Enfer !

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post

Looks like the other thread was shut down and your posts didn't have to do with the other's premise. I'd say maybe a snapshot would be helpful and other posters can fill in?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

The thread was just moderated. The OP posted the thread & put in the title that Storm fans weren't allowed to participate or talk about her. They edited the title first. Then they changed you to the OP probably because you were the first to really speak about anything in the chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    Why is Gabby more prominent in this book than Nightcrawler, Storm and Gambit? Also was it just me or did this issue seem ridiculously short?
    I'd say that the women were all equally as important as one another in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Looks like the other thread was shut down and your posts didn't have to do with the other's premise. I'd say maybe a snapshot would be helpful and other posters can fill in?
    Yeah I'm gonna add a little synopsis, nothing too extensive.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Yes, please.

This was a really solid issue. I continue to like how Taylor modernizes the X-Men's fight against bigotry.

I've been waiting to see what would be done with Trinary, and this didn't disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yes, please.
    Done.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Done.

Thank you!

BANNED

Hopefully Rachel getting the turkey coat back means the remains of Guggs/Syaf taint will soon be scrubbed from the Earth.

This truly felt like a team book. Everyone was needed to win.

And the stunt Jean pulled by linking everyone to take down the sentinites has shades of when Phoenix!Jean borrowed from the spirits of Ororo and Corsair to heal the M'Kraan crystal so long ago. Nice touch.