Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    That's the implication, yeah. All of the sentinites are offline now, including the ones in people (see Forge), so Nova has to be using her telepathy to control Rachel.

But Forge's sentinite gets fried with the rest of them, so the added help of the Red team clearly makes that false.
    I didn't get the implication that Forge's sentinite got destroyed. Cassandra immediately started ordering him again, he didn't try to resist her at all or need to be telepathically controlled again.

It was normal issue.

Default X-men red 8 disxussion

Edit please delete someone already posted this

What a great issue!

While trinary’s dialogue was a bit cheesy to me during the big stop she made on the nanosentinels, that was more than made up for by storm taking out Cassandra with a tsunami

Next, Rachel vs. jean!
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Copied from the other thread (becuase I didn't see this one, lol):

Taylor continues conveying his theme with the subtlety of a sledgehammer, but this issue was SPOT ON. Finally the pacing picks up, and Carmen is simply out of this world.

Everybody shone, was useful and had some great feats. Also, Gabby was endearing and not OTT, which is the best Gabby.

I hope Taylor sticks to this structure, so these last 3 issues are a ride.
    Last edited by FeniSam; 09-26-2018 at 08:47 AM.

Great Issue. Loved just about every page. The only head scratching moment was how did Rachel take out a guy made of rock with a thin wood door but i'll just assume it was a tp attack as well.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

After a few underwhelming issues, this one was really strong. Loved it. The art is amazing.

After a second read I have to say I really appreciate what Taylor did here. This could be my favorite issue so far. Every member of the team was needed to pull this off in a big or small way.

I have probably never liked Gabby more than this issue, and I say that as someone who hasn't minded her. She was brave to do the incredible task Jean asked of her, and the moment Jean took to assure her that she didn't need to worry about sweaty palms while saving the world was a heart-warmer.

I have grown to LOVE Trinary. One of my favorite new characters in a long while. Issue did a good job showing off how impressive her power can be while ramming home how much it can suck to be online all the time.

Storm taking charge the moment she needed to and delivering a cathartic "Bye, bitch" to Nova was so satisfying.

And all of the team coming together to shoulder the pain so Laura wouldn't go completely mad was a solid hero moment.

I continue to enjoy Carmen's art and the colorist is nailing it. To post one non-spoilery panel, Kurt continues to rock the beard. I hope he keeps it for a long while. I just wish my hair could do that. XD

kurt.jpg

15819.jpg

Any other character besides Jean doing this would get a lot of heat from everyone.

And this page...

421467.jpg

I'm sorry, but this whole page makes me laugh. "I'm overloading the sentinites with angry rants on video-sharing sites and gaslighting facebook posts." "The Brisbane swarm just collapsed under a single bigoted hashtag." What?!

Overall, it was okay.

I hope this story is the last time where Rachel gets mind-controlled.
    Looking forward to next issue's spoilers:
    "mother" vs "daughter"
    end of spoilers!

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I didn't get the implication that Forge's sentinite got destroyed. Cassandra immediately started ordering him again, he didn't try to resist her at all or need to be telepathically controlled again.
    Exactly. It is also clearly stated by Trinanry that once the sentinites implanted into people she wouldn't be able to just turn them off. I think anyone already implanted that we haven't seen a removal is still subject to the sentinite and Cassandra's control.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by origami View Post
    I hope this story is the last time where Rachel gets mind-controlled.
    Looking forward to next issue's spoilers:
    "mother" vs "daughter"
    end of spoilers!
    Yeah, that kinda bothers me a bit. Rachel is very impressive(IMO) in the field of TP and to get mind controlled in Gold AND Red is kinda.....disappointing.

I'm hoping it's the Nanites.....and if it was Nova I can understand how she got mind controlled, but she could at least put up a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    15819.jpg

Any other character besides Jean doing this would get a lot of heat from everyone.

And this page...

421467.jpg

I'm sorry, but this whole page makes me laugh. "I'm overloading the sentinites with angry rants on video-sharing sites and gaslighting facebook posts." "The Brisbane swarm just collapsed under a single bigoted hashtag." What?!

Overall, it was okay.
    I think Jean gets a pass on overhearing thoughts because that has always been a by product of her powers. She always seems like she has to actively shut thoughts out to not hear people's mental thinkings.

Also it's funny you say anyone else would get it because i was reading an old x-men issue where the professor was literally mentally snooping on all the people at the x-mansion on purporse and debating what problems he could get involved with and what he shouldn't.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Yeah, that kinda bothers me a bit. Rachel is very impressive(IMO) in the field of TP and to get mind controlled in Gold AND Red is kinda.....disappointing.

I'm hoping it's the Nanites.....and if it was Nova I can understand how she got mind controlled, but she could at least put up a fight.
    I don't mind it because it's not really mind control in the tradiontal sense like that trash with mastermind. In this case there is a sentinel in her brain. Not much that can be done about that.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think Jean gets a pass on overhearing thoughts because that has always been a by product of her powers. She always seems like she has to actively shut thoughts out to not hear people's mental thinkings.

Also it's funny you say anyone else would get it because i was reading an old x-men issue where the professor was literally mentally snooping on all the people at the x-mansion on purporse and debating what problems he could get involved with and what he shouldn't.
    I meant putting Gabby(A CHILD!) though a situation like that. That page doesn't really have mind-snooping around.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't mind it because it's not really mind control in the tradiontal sense like that trash with mastermind. In this case there is a sentinel in her brain. Not much that can be done about that.
    I don't think there is a sentinel in her brain. Based off the scene in the Annual, it looks like Cassandra is using her TP only on Rachel. We could get an explanation that she also has a nannite, but it hasn't been seen or mentioned on panel.