Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    A good issue.

Jean and her team did a big damage to Cassandra's plans and now she decided to use Rachel to get Jean off once and for all.

High points: Jean making jokes to calm Gabby and Storm hit the score with Cassandra .

Low points: Difficult to understand when X-men Red happens Rachel is still wearing her old uniform before gold. And frankly knock out Rockslide with a door? It does not make sense even because she would just have him sleep.

Genosha was not destroyed by Magneto?
    I am friendly with the colorist who told me that her being in this outfit was an artist error and she is in her Prestige garb in issue 9. So likely (while continuity continues to be a dirty word), this takes place after Gold.
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 09-26-2018 at 07:47 AM.

Low points: Difficult to understand when X-men Red happens Rachel is still wearing her old uniform before gold. And frankly knock out Rockslide with a door? It does not make sense even because she would just have him sleep.
    Red definitely does not take place before Gold

It's not all Storm fans, It's just 2, sometimes 3 and I think they are currently banned.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

This was probably one of the strongest issues.

Loved that it was a team effort to accomplish their goals. Jean linking Gabby and Trinary's mind, so that they could connect to millions of those machines was great. I was worried that Taylor was just going to have Storm revert to shooting lightning bolts, but was overjoyed to see the tidal wave. That was great.

Only thing that bothered me was Genosha. It shouldn't still be there, or look like that, but I'm willing to look the other way.

What's done is done in terms of the other thread. Not need to continue to rehash. Let's be open to discussing the issue and kindly take feats talk to appreciation threads.

I just got may hands on this, and what a great issue for all. I enjoyed how every member had a role to play. I'm glad Storm was cut loose and shown to be a capable player once again. Excited to see Rachel in this finally.

The Xmen should keep in rye on their mutant geniuses/technopaths so sh!t like this or Weapon X will stop happening

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yeah that was pretty horrid but it was just a handful of users and if a thread is derailed you can just report it to one of the 3 mods.
    Very true, and the ignore button is your friend...

No need to call Storm fans out before anything even happens. Thats baiting and can be seen as provoking the nest. Leave it alone unless you get stung

Question. How is Rachel still affected if the nannites were destroyed? Is the implication that Nova's TP is manipulating her?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Question. How is Rachel still affected if the nannites were destroyed? Is the implication that Nova's TP is manipulating her?
    Yes just her TP. It was shown in the annual that she mentally control of Rachel, because... you know... Rachel is an omega-level punching bag for all villains

No need to call Storm fans out before anything even happens. Thats baiting and can be seen as provoking the nest. Leave it alone unless you get stung

Didn't Storm (under Nova's control) do something to Rachel avm few issues ago?

Trinary said that she can't do anything about the Sentinites once they implant themselves inside of people, that's why they needed to destroy them first.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

That's the implication, yeah. All of the sentinites are offline now, including the ones in people (see Forge), so Nova has to be using her telepathy to control Rachel.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Trinary said that she can't do anything about the Sentinites once they implant themselves inside of people, that's why they needed to destroy them first.
    But Forge's sentinite gets fried with the rest of them, so the added help of the Red team clearly makes that false.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I guess, on the annual she already planted something on her mind afaik, and IIRC there weren't any nannites involved... It does suck that Rachel she gets mind controlled by everyone... But at least Cassandra isn't as bad as Mesmero.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Or maybe it's that, I'm gonna have to reread it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I am friendly with the colorist who told me that her being in this outfit was an artist error and she is in her Prestige garb in issue 9. So likely (while continuity continues to be a dirty word), this takes place after Gold.
    Thank's good to know it was just a mistake but it's like people say: Continuity is no longer a priority.

I wonder how an editor manages to miss it? Is such an obvious mistake that anyone would notice.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Didn't Storm (under Nova's control) do something to Rachel avm few issues ago?
    This is Rachel's first appearance in the series outside of the annual

Thank's good to know it was just a mistake but it's like people say: Continuity is no longer a priority.

I wonder how an editor manages to miss it? Is such an obvious mistake that anyone would notice.
    I imagine the editor saw it but let it fly rather than make Carmen redraw the page which would slow her down from work on the next issue
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-26-2018 at 08:06 AM.