Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I meant putting Gabby(A CHILD!) though a situation like that. That page doesn't really have mind-snooping around.
    I don't think anyone would have minded regardless of who did it. As much as Gabby's mind got hurt, it'd be fixed at the same rate.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I don't think there is a sentinel in her brain. Based off the scene in the Annual, it looks like Cassandra is using her TP only on Rachel. We could get an explanation that she also has a nannite, but it hasn't been seen or mentioned on panel.
    It's mind control trinery destroyed all the nanites. She used a test tube on storm and telepathically took over Rachel in the annual

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I meant putting Gabby(A CHILD!) though a situation like that. That page doesn't really have mind-snooping around.
    Oh i thought you were referring to the snooping in her head as the other one didn't even cross my mind as a problem. A child created with the sole purpose of being a killer (Though she escaped her fate.) and feels absolutely no pain having to go through something she wouldn't even feel to save millions of lives seems worth it to me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

It clearly says once the nanites were in peoples head she couldn't stop them. We know for a fact Cassandra has put nanites and several peoples brains so if Trinary could always just deactivate them remotely with no harm coming to the people that had one then what was this series even about? Why couldn't she just deactivate the one in Storm's head? Where are people getting the she destroyed all of them in existence from. I feel like i'm missing something.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I don't think there is a sentinel in her brain. Based off the scene in the Annual, it looks like Cassandra is using her TP only on Rachel. We could get an explanation that she also has a nannite, but it hasn't been seen or mentioned on panel.
    She seems to control the nanites via telepathy but you are right we didn't see her insert one in rachel but until it is all over i'm just going to assume so. Cassandra came off pretty weak this issue or JEan is just suppose to be that strong. I don't think this Cassandra could take out even Betsy.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It clearly says once the nanites were in peoples head she couldn't stop them. We know for a fact Cassandra has put nanites and several peoples brains so if Trinary could always just deactivate them remotely with no harm coming to the people that had one then what was this series even about? Why couldn't she just deactivate the one in Storm's head? Where are people getting the she destroyed all of them in existence from. I feel like i'm missing something.
    She couldn't get rid of them on their own. It was the fact that she merged her powers with Jean and used Gabby/Laura as a conduit that made her able to actually shut them down. Forge doesn't take her orders after the Sentinites are all destroyed and she activates Rachel via telepathic speech bubbles and not sentinites, so...
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    She couldn't get rid of them on their own. It was the fact that she merged her powers with Jean and used Gabby/Laura as a conduit that made her able to actually shut them down. Forge doesn't take her orders after the Sentinites are all destroyed and she activates Rachel via telepathic speech bubbles and not sentinites, so...
    Forge was already resisting the Nanite in the beginning before any of the nanites were actually destroyed. Also the page where Trianery is deactivating them shows areas, not people being uninfected. Shouldn't we atleast see one person we know to be under the control of the nanites having theres destroyed rather than simply seeing them mini explode before they reach any civilians. She also says a few pages before that after they tried what she eventually went on to do "Once they are in people's heads i won't be able to destroy them." Which is why they tried again so fast with Laura and the others. Thereby the infected are most likely still infected.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Good issue, seems like Red is reaching the series climax.

Rachel vs Jean gonna be heartbreaking.

This issue reached high levels of meta with trinary using hate to kill the sentinites

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I don't think anyone would have minded regardless of who did it. As much as Gabby's mind got hurt, it'd be fixed at the same rate.
    The JGS should :P It's one of the reasons the schism happened in the first place~~~

Who cares if the X-Men does have a history of putting children in the line of fire? THINK OF THE CHILDREN! /s
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Can Rachel get sent back to DOFP already? She's useless and serves only to be mind-controlled and enslaved. Storm looked gorgeous in this issue and I'm glad she got a FEAT that had nothing to do with lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    The JGS should :P It's one of the reasons the schism happened in the first place~~~

Who cares if the X-Men does have a history of putting children in the line of fire? THINK OF THE CHILDREN! /s
    |She had no choice, and did with the consenting of the kid and the guardian of the kid

Mighty Member

B9BD62DF-AA89-4DC6-AF31-7703AFE84E7C.jpg

Jean is pulling a Scott move in this moment. Using a child without the permission of the guardian. GG

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    B9BD62DF-AA89-4DC6-AF31-7703AFE84E7C.jpg

Jean is pulling a Scott move in this moment. Using a child without the permission of the guardian. GG
    the guardian is Laura

Gabby's a bit of a special case in that regard, but there wasn't much wiggle room in that situation anyways. But she's fine. She seemed more freaked out about Nova being in her head than anything else.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    the guardian is Laura
    I know. But Jean didn’t ask for permission. She just used the kid ... like that.