Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by origami View Post
    Poor Mimic! Hope he survives the experience!
    If he gets killed, he'll walk it off.

BANNED

it seems that no one remembers days of future present when Ahab transforms Cyclops and invisible woman into hounds without years of conditioning. Also does nobody at the x office remember beast was supposed to have a healing factor? what a load of manure although the action was well choreographed.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    it seems that no one remembers days of future present when Ahab transforms Cyclops and invisible woman into hounds without years of conditioning. Also does nobody at the x office remember beast was supposed to have a healing factor? what a load of manure although the action was well choreographed.
    The amount of time that passed from Beast getting stabbed and thrown around to his last scene in the issue was probably like 15 minutes. He's not Wolverine. He isnt going to instantly be fine and healed up that fast

Quote Originally Posted by origami View Post
    Poor Mimic! Hope he survives the experience!
    I hope Weapon Omega busts in as a surprise cameo and kicks Kid Cable in the teeth.

Mighty Member

I don't understand how people don't get that Mimic is being used for Angel's original wings. It's all in the same three issues we have all read. You can clearly see Angel lying in the pod with bandages around his chest like when they were originally amputated in X-factor. I'm glad some people understand this. The story telling and art have been awesome and clean so you can obviously follow this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The amount of time that passed from Beast getting stabbed and thrown around to his last scene in the issue was probably like 15 minutes. He's not Wolverine. He isnt going to instantly be fine and healed up that fast
    If anything, I'm surprised Brisson had Beast survive that encounter. One slash and Hank's guts should be spilling, but the second one had to have hit a main artery. It would've been poetic to have Hank die as a byproduct of his own faults. I guess Triage to heal him from the brink.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I don't understand how people don't get that Mimic is being used for Angel's original wings. It's all in the same three issues we have all read. You can clearly see Angel lying in the pod with bandages around his chest like when they were originally amputated in X-factor. I'm glad some people understand this. The story telling and art have been awesome and clean so you can obviously follow this story.
    Oh I get it. I just don't like Mimic being forced to become an organ donor against his will

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post

Another person's organs might be rejected by the recipient. They are not really Angel's wings but Mimic's.

Just because two hearts or two livers look the same, doesn't mean they are a real match.

This is akin to organ smuggling when people are kidnapped for their organs like kidney etc.

I would have thought that Angel would eventually grow back his feather wings like the adult Angel.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 09-27-2018 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Another person's organs might be rejected by the recipient. They are not really Angel's wings but Mimic's.

Just because two hearts or two livers look the same, doesn't mean they are a real match.

This is akin to organ smuggling when people are kidnapped for their organs like kidney etc.

I would have thought that Angel would eventually grow back his feather wings like the adult Angel.
    The event ends in 2 issues. They aren’t going to have Warren grow his wings back on his own or get into the issue of organ rejection. Besides his wings aren’t an organ. It’s an appendage. This is more akin to a prosthetic attached to a person

So are we not going to talk about how Kity utterly failed yet again?
    This statement gave me pause.
    Though I must admit that I've lost my love of Kitty, circa Schism-era, the "yet again" quantifier made me think of how often I see folks identifying failure in X-leaders.
    Its a LOT.
    And that got me thinking about preferences and biases and blame and shame and all that other stuff we fans/readers swish around on whoever is in charge at any given moment.

Cyclops and Emma, as co-heads back when, both "failed as leaders" because of the institute being routinely infiltrated and/or destroyed and the subsequent resulting losses.
    Storm "failed as a leader" in her handling of the Terrigen/Inhuman debacle and the subsequent resulting losses.
    And now Kitty is "failing as a leader" left and right.

I didn't INTEND for this post to be yet another "I support Scott" rant, but I guess that's what its turning into. I wish that those who took up leadership would recognize their faults and failures and short comings and reflect on that humility and responsibility and then apply those feelings to how Scott must have felt all those years -- recognizing that everyone is flawed and everyone is trying and everyone is forced to make tough decisions when leading.

Cliff's notes version: SUCKS to be the leader.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    This statement gave me pause.
    Though I must admit that I've lost my love of Kitty, circa Schism-era, the "yet again" quantifier made me think of how often I see folks identifying failure in X-leaders.
    Its a LOT.
    And that got me thinking about preferences and biases and blame and shame and all that other stuff we fans/readers swish around on whoever is in charge at any given moment.

Cyclops and Emma, as co-heads back when, both "failed as leaders" because of the institute being routinely infiltrated and/or destroyed and the subsequent resulting losses.
    Storm "failed as a leader" in her handling of the Terrigen/Inhuman debacle and the subsequent resulting losses.
    And now Kitty is "failing as a leader" left and right.

I didn't INTEND for this post to be yet another "I support Scott" rant, but I guess that's what its turning into. I wish that those who took up leadership would recognize their faults and failures and short comings and reflect on that humility and responsibility and then apply those feelings to how Scott must have felt all those years -- recognizing that everyone is flawed and everyone is trying and everyone is forced to make tough decisions when leading.

Cliff's notes version: SUCKS to be the leader.
    Edit:Nope sucks to be a X-leader.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 09-27-2018 at 06:10 AM.

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The event ends in 2 issues. They aren’t going to have Warren grow his wings back on his own or get into the issue of organ rejection. Besides his wings aren’t an organ. It’s an appendage. This is more akin to a prosthetic attached to a person
    Did you take Biology? Perhaps, more importantly, did you pass it? If the wings utilize a blood supply, nerves, blood vessels, and/or connective tissues they are an organ.

Young Cable is a hard case, and very much in line with OG Cable when he first appeared...just younger and skinnier. I love that he has the Professor back, and seems to be one step ahead of everyone...until now. Next couple of issues should be fun.

If they end up aging him up some in the new X-Force series (not by a ton since the original version had gotten pretty old, but let’s say at least to 30s or so), then I think I could really get onboard with this “reset” of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    Did you take Biology? Perhaps, more importantly, did you pass it? If the wings utilize a blood supply, nerves, blood vessels, and/or connective tissues they are an organ.
    Thanks for the early morning insult

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    Regardless, I would think Mimic’s ability to copy other mutant abilities makes them biologically a match for transplant. His DNA somehow mimics those of the mutants whose abilities he’s absorbed, thereby ensuring a genetic match and no organ rejection.

Do I get a No Prize? Am I the only one around here old enough to remember those?