Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default X-men Blue #36 Spoiler Discussion Thread - Series Finale!

Cape Citadel
    Jean put psychic bombs in the minds of the people there so they dont see them. She brought the team there bc so much has changed and she wont get to see it like this for a long time. Bobby wonders if she means the base or X-men. Jean says its time to tie up loose ends

Mojo TV - NYC

They fight the X-babies

Starjammers - Deep Space
    Scott has a talk with Corsair telling him that he is leaving soon. Corsair is grateful for the second chance he gave him at being a father

Madripoor
    The O5 fight alongside the Raksha. Polaris and Danger reveal that they rebuilt the mansion and invite the Raksha to be students at their new school. Beast has a romantic moment with Glazing Nightshade and she says she'll miss him

Xavier Institute
    The O5 deposit Mothervine mutants to join the school. Rachel welcomes them while Bloodstorm stands alone off to the side., seemingly jealous over Scott and Jean. Jean is later seen with Pickles who ports her to the park to meet Scott. Their psychic rapport was severed by the Poisons but it sometimes feels like its still there. They then share a kiss. Sebastion Shaw lurks from the bushes and is about to attack them but is attacked by Jimmy bc Scott/Jean deserve their moment

Later the O5 are by the time machine which will send them home. Angel wonders about his wings, their memories and skills and Scott says they'll figure that out since they are around psychics, scientists and mystics. On the news is the Brotherhood of Evil mutants (Magneto, Marrow, Toad, Exodus) attacking an anti-mutant rally in DC. Jean says Magneto isnt their responsibility bc there are other X-men to handle it. They are going home but maybe will hang out for just a little longer

What a great day to be an X-fan? We got three stellar issues today

ETA:

WTF did Beast and Nightshade become a thing? Did I miss somethnig?
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-26-2018 at 07:39 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I haven't read it yet but someone spoiled me the issue and it was beautiful. I know somewhere between all the emma/logan drama it gets lost, but Jean and Scott can actually be cute at times.
    I really enjoy the star crossed lovers aspect of their relationship and i'm so happy that they embraced even if it's only before leaving.

No drama, no toxicity, just love even if it's for a couple of pages.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I choose to believe after this issue that Scott took Bloodstorm out to dinner just to let her down gently.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I thought this was a good issue that tied up loose ends. Bunn is a good writer, it's a shame he had to write this series instead of what he wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    WTF did Beast and Nightshade become a thing? Did I miss somethnig?
    I'd say sometime around the HeX-Men arc? Gazing Nightshade looked into Hank's soul and they got close

It was one of those subplots that got dropped

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I mainly liked the X-Babies page, and wished we'd seen more of them. lol

No issues with Bunn, and I respect his work on Blue since he never wanted to write it. But overall, wasn't interested in the 05 stories, so I just skimmed around. No interest in Jott when we know how that's gonna end up. lol

But still a nice clean finish to the story with most of the needed-plots wrapped up. Though wondering where Magneto & his Brotherhood will show up next. Possibly in Black, but who knows with Marvel.

As Jean herself said time to tie loose ends.

I do not know how much of this will be used by other writers or be forgotten but Bunn made a point to remind readers that Poison Jimmy is still alive and walking around. I just can not imagine a group calling itself the brotherhood of evil mutants in this day and age .

Beast and Nightshade was weird but beautiful at the same time.

Jean and Scott I know some approve others not but damn it at least this time let them enjoy the moment one last time without the weight of the world on their backs.

I'm going to miss Bunn . Not like the O5 but I'm a big fan of his work with X-men in the last few years with Magneto and Uncanny .

This book kinda make me miss X-men Blue which is something I didn't think was possible. Also If the brats would have gone in this book... well we see what is happening. Good Issue

I'm glad that while tying up loose ends, Bunn gave Lorna and Danger a new role in case the next group of X-Writers don't have plans for them.
    It potentially opens up more storytelling possibilities for them with the new school.

I wonder if Beak brought Angel and the kids with him.

This was a good wrap-up issue. And Bunn's farewell letter at the end was very touching.

Heh, Jimmy did the same that Logan did for the Jott wedding in the 90s, like father like son , probably the most that i have liked the characther in all his apperances.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Heh, Jimmy did the same that Logan did for the Jott wedding in the 90s, like father like son , probably the most that i have liked the characther in all his apperances.
    I was going to point that! That was awesome and a nice thing to remember. I'm glad the triangle Ketchum and Harrington wanted never happened. Jimmy is truly the ULTIMATE bro in this.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Thank goodness Bunn managed to put Jeen and Tyke together and even with Jimmy Hudson's blessing

Of course then later on in Extermination Tyke is dating Bloodstorm so :shrug:

At least Bunn tried (Although to be honest I think it's kind of more interesting for Tyke to get with Bloodstorm, a lot of folks have long sort of shipped Cyclops and Storm as the XMen's co leaders, or at least pointed out they have a very deep bond)

Overall a fairly good chapter

The end with the "Evil Brotherhood" though just made me cringe so hard good lord

Thankfully Polaris was not 100% forgotten but we'll have to find out if any other writers pick up on this with her
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I was going to point that! That was awesome and a nice thing to remember. I'm glad the triangle Ketchum and Harrington wanted never happened. Jimmy is truly the ULTIMATE bro in this.
    Yeah it was, i'm not even a Jott shipper and i even i cheered when that happened. My respect to the guy

Loved this issue. I'll miss Bunn.