Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    Yeah, I tried to enjoy this but I'm still waiting for a solid answer on why or when they decided to go back. Based on the character development these guys have had since their arrival, it just feels very out of nowhere for them to suddenly be okay with it.
    Have you been reading the entire series? The decision was made in issue 20

BANNED

Marvel is undoing the mess that previous writers wrote in bringing these O5 here. So you all are just wasting your money buying these issues as it will all be forgotten soon.

The only issues I watched was Polaris's new team, I am glad this run is over.
    Gold was better than Blue but that's my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Marvel is undoing the mess that previous writers wrote in bringing these O5 here. So you all are just wasting your money buying these issues as it will all be forgotten soon.

How would you know if you only read 3-4 issues?

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The teens only ended together on the last issue, because the objective was doing something different with them. Defeated that purpose, it was the end of the story and they are going back home.

Taylor wrote that she still love Scott, doesn't mean he gonna put the two together of Scott comes back. He said on a letter that he didn't wanted logan or scott together with Jean again.
    Never saw Brisson agreeing on nothing baout Jott, on extermination he completely ignores the development of Jott on last issue of Blue. You may say that it was for story purpose, but he could have done it different.

The only reasons for Jott be back would be nostalgia and fanboyism. That isn't the logical next step for Jean
    Pffft. The logical next step isn't for her to be with her husband if he returns? People cheat or have flings or separate all the time and then come back to each other stronger. I see that happening here. It is real life. Emotions dont just go away. Cyclops and Jean are both in a different space but that doesnt mean they cant make it work. Cyclops forgave Jean/Phoenix for the Hellfire Club shit and still loved her. He knew who she really was despite the games being played. She knows who he is too. This is an adult relationship and there are nuances. Anyone saying that they should just end things shouldn't be forcing their perspectives on relationships and commitment and marriage on Jott.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

BANNED

It's never a waste of money to follow a series you're enjoying. Anyone who stayed with Blue throughout its run did so because they liked the book.

No matter what happens when the O5 go back, it won't diminish or erase the enjoyment of this very entertaining run.

Yea... them going back doesn’t make me retroactively not like the story. Lol.

With this logic nobody should ever enjoy a prequel or found footage story either. Since the eventual outcome is a given.

Also, I don’t like gold but I don’t care whether it’s over or not. Never understood why folks are happy when something they don’t read or enjoy ends, especially if yuh don’t care about the characters in the story. What’s wrong with it continuing for those who enjoy it?
    Last edited by Grey; 09-27-2018 at 06:24 AM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Have you been reading the entire series? The decision was made in issue 20
    Well, I kinda get what the poster is saying.

Yes it’s been decided for a while. But the catalyst for them wantin to go back hasn’t been very convincing.

I’m all for them going back, and I know it was an eventuality. But I do agree with poster that there were much better opportunities in the past that felt a bit more organic, when the characters more logically would have questioned whether they should go back to their time. That being said, I get that it’s comics and when it’s time for curtain it’s time for curtain.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Well, I kinda get what the poster is saying.

Yes it’s been decided for a while. But the catalyst for them wantin to go back hasn’t been very convincing.

I’m all for them going back, and I know it was an eventuality. But I do agree with poster that there were much better opportunities in the past that felt a bit more organic, when the characters more logically would have questioned whether they should go back to their time. That being said, I get that it’s comics and when it’s time for curtain it’s time for curtain.
    Like when? They've been talking about it since the CTC ended but they were preoccupied. First Scott wanted to save his father, which took them off the table for a few months while the symbiote stuff was going on. Mothervine was going on in Blue so it couldnt be addressed. Immediately upon returning to Earth and having that settled, they had to deal with the aftermath of MV by intervening with Magneto and Emma as well as helping Jimmy. This all just happened recently and its only been since then that they've had breathing room to actually start doing something about going back

Like when? They've been talking about it since the CTC ended but they were preoccupied. First Scott wanted to save his father, which took them off the table for a few months while the symbiote stuff was going on. Mothervine was going on in Blue so it couldnt be addressed. Immediately upon returning to Earth and having that settled, they had to deal with the aftermath of MV by intervening with Magneto and Emma as well as helping Jimmy. This all just happened recently and its only been since then that they've had breathing room to actually start doing something about going back
    I mean before blue started.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Yea... them going back doesn’t make me retroactively not like the story. Lol.

With this logic nobody should ever enjoy a prequel or found footage story either. Since the eventual outcome is a given.

Also, I don’t like gold but I don’t care whether it’s over or not. Never understood why folks are happy when something they don’t read or enjoy ends, especially if yuh don’t care about the characters in the story. What’s wrong with it continuing for those who enjoy it?
    It depends. If a person has a favorite or liked character in the story they feel has been largely misused or mistreated, they want it to end & possibly have some damage control done or have their character move on to something better.

I hate Weapon X. But I kept up with it because I like Creed, and it was the only book he was in. So I continued to follow & hope to get thrown a bone as a fan. Usually that didn't happen, and instead I was hit over the head with a bone. So I dreamed of hearing when it would be canceled. Why? Because I wanted Creed away from Greg Pak, who I feel hadn't done his character any justice, and in fact made him worse than any other writer, because he played him up as comedy relief & made him Peter Griffin.

Granted being written by another writer doesn't guarantee being handled better. But it's at least a 50/50 chance.

With Gold, many Storm, Kitty, and Rachel fans in particular wanted these characters away from Guggenheim, who did none of them any favors. Kitty comes off as an self-righteous hypocrite. Storm & Rachel come off as incompetent.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-27-2018 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    It depends. If a person has a favorite or liked character in the story they feel has been largely misused or mistreated, they want it to end & possibly have some damage control done or have their character move on to something better.

I hate Weapon X. But I kept up with it because I like Creed, and it was the only book he was in. So I continued to follow & hope to get thrown a bone as a fan. Usually that didn't happen, and I dreamed of hearing when it would be canceled. Why? Because I wanted Creed away from Greg Pak, who I feel hadn't done his character any justice, and in fact made him worse than any other writer, because he played him up as comedy relief & made him a poor man's Peter Griffin, then graduated him to a very poor man's Deadpool. lol

Granted being written by another writer doesn't guarantee being handled better. But it's at least a 50/50 chance.
    Yes i agree with this logic but, the person I quoted specifically mentioned not liking or having any investment in the 05 since they are going back to their time . I don’t see how them being tied up in a book would make him feel glad for it to end.

I mean before blue started.
    The end of ANX dealt with that. They went to the past and saw themselves still there. They accepted that present day was now their reality and they were moving forward with forging their own destiny. CTC changed that and made them realize they need to return. That story was the catalyst and they’ve been on borrowed time since

The end of ANX dealt with that. They went to the past and saw themselves still there. They accepted that present day was now their reality and they were moving forward with forging their own destiny. CTC changed that and made them realize they need to return. That story was the catalyst and they’ve been on borrowed time since
    The end of anxm was quasi undone the same day it came out with xmen prime, which suggested that May not have truly been their time they saw or that they weren’t sure if they needed to go back or not.

Personally I think after bota, Bendis Anxm, and post Ivx all would have been better times to return (from an out of story reason if not in-story, in the case of hopeless anxm).

BANNED

This series ended the same way it began: with Tyke being totally useless and just a Jeen's arm candy.
    By the way, was this explained at some point?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    This series ended the same way it began: with Tyke being totally useless and just a Jeen's arm candy.
    By the way, was this explained at some point?

X-men black?