Default Better Call Saul *spoilers*

Anybody been following this series lately, now wrapping up season 4? It's of course the prequel to Breaking Bad, although instead of following the earlier life of Walter White (Which was probably boring, of course, although I'm sure there could've been drama connected to the whole Gray Matter fallout) and Jessie, it follows pretty much several story tangents leading into BB:

-Saul, back when he was mainly just Jimmy Mcgill, trying to become a respectable lawyer but just can't shake his con-man past, and embroiled in a sibling rivalry with his brother, a highly-respected lawyer who has suffered from a mental breakdown which makes him scared of electricity (and only made worse by Jimmy's continued misadventures and cons). Apart from that, Jimmy has a relationship with Kim Wexler, a colleague who also wants to play it straight but is drawn in part due to Jimmy's cons (especially in the latest episode) and borderline-illegal or just plan illegal activities such as selling burner phones and evidence fraud. We also see future associates Huell and Lydia show up, although Kuby hasn't quite yet. Jimmy also has an awkward, somewhat antagonistic relationship with his brother's law partner Howard.

-Mike, the former cop who later become's Gus's main fixer and hitman and an associate of Saul, now helping him attempt to construct the "Superlab" we see later on....but with German builders who seem to have gone a bit stir-crazy and undisciplined (and I'm guessing might not make it out of the season alive). We also get more on his family, notably his son and greiving daughter in law, as well as granddaughter who was also in BB.

-Lydia, one of antagonists of season 5, also appears, although not as much. Ditto with Gale.

-Gus Fring and his rivalry with the Salemancas/cartel, including the origins of Hector being assigned to a wheelchair. Tuco, Krazy 8, the twins, and Tyrus also show up. We also learn of characters only name-dropped in Breaking Bad, such as Ignachio and Lalo, who Saul later fears in his "first" appearance.

Each season begins with present-day, post-BB Saul in a B & W cold open, where he's working at a cinnabon and has become increasingly paranoid and melancholy. These sort of follow each other.

Like BB it's sort of a "road to hell paved with the best intentions".

Any thoughts on this series?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I still have to watched season 4 but I really like what I've seen so far.

It's a great show that's more comedic and pessimistic than Breaking bad.

Season 4 was kinda slow so far but this was the first season i watched on tv so maybe when i binge it, it'd be better. Not gonna lie tho I was pretty suprised by the Huell arc's resolution. I thought Jimmy was gonna screw up and end his partnership with Kim but they live to fight another day.

the introduction of Eduardo "Lalo" Salamanca seems promising.

Extraordinary Member

Arguably the best TV show in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Arguably the best TV show in recent years.
    To say the very least.