View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cold Spots #2 (of 5)

2 25.00%
  • Cyber Force (2018) #6

0 0%
  • Gasolina #12

0 0%
  • Green Monk: Blood of the Martyrs [graphic novel]

0 0%
  • Man-Eaters #1 [series premiere]

1 12.50%
  • Realm #9

0 0%
  • Redneck #15

0 0%
  • Regression #11

0 0%
  • Shanghai Red #4

4 50.00%
  • Wayward #29

0 0%
  • The Wicked + The Divine 1373 [one-shot]

1 12.50%
  • Witchblade #8

0 0%

Default Weekly Image poll #39 - Man-eating green monks

Another week, another poll!

Well thanks a lot democracy, last week's the first time the 'other' category won... aaaaand I have no way of knowing their intended votes. So I guess... Congratulations to Crude, Evolution, Rumble, Flavor, Skyward, aaaaand Stellar!

Whew, let's see what's up this week: Gasolina wraps up a story arc, there's some revelations going on in Redneck, a new storyline begins in Regression, and Shanghai Red and Wayward reach their penultimate issues.

New releases:
    1. Man-Eaters certainly has an interesting premise. Mockingbird writer Chelsea Cain's new series is about a sudden event that causes all menstruating women to suddenly turn into... ferocious, killer wildcats.
    2. The Wicked + The Divine 1373 is another new WicDiv one-shot, set after the Black Death plague. This one's scheduled to be the last of the historical one-shots, actually.
    3. Green Monk: Blood of the Martyrs is the new graphic novel by Brandon Dayton. This one's set in a mythical version of Russia, and is about a boy raised by an order of monks. Taught the ways of peace, he suddenly finds an ancient weapon and is faced by a violent choice to make...

317774.jpg 317888.jpg 317779.jpg

I suppose I have to vote for Man-Eaters #1 as it was my only Image comics this week, and I used it during my lessons for15 yo students about Charles Perrault's Little Red Riding Hood and its inspiration from more gruesome oral versions...

It worked very well : now kids know what it's all about!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Nice, that's pretty cool! You should message the creative team if you can/want, I'm sure they'll love hearing stories like this!

Thanks!

And I may consider your suggestion... even if I don't know how! But I'm pretty sure that every comic book creative team lurks at least once in a while on CBR, especially the week of the first issue! So my guess is that your weekly thread is the perfect place to post!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Well, I'm surprised and pleased to see Shanghai Red, at least at this moment, leading the pack!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet