Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Remembering the Brave and the Bold

So I foiund a few volums worth sharing today ... starting with this beat up copy of Brave and the Bold 50. This book was victemized by shortage in plastic bags, like many silver age books.

BANNED

This one was one of the early GL Batman crossovers - it is in supurb condition

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

The Straczynski follow up volume was pretty good, too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    The Straczynski follow up volume was pretty good, too.
    Brave and the Bold #60?

BANNED

More GL in the Brave and the Bold. This is a rare Infantano rendition of the GL while Garella often did GL lettering and inks

Boisterously Confused

IMO, this was one of the most interesting BnB stories...
    images.jpg
    ...and one of the most poignant, as it was the end of the series, and the segue into Batman and The Outsiders.

Not a bad send off, but the end of an era at DC, the beginning of a much bigger ending that would culminate with Crisis on Infinite Earths.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    IMO, this was one of the most interesting BnB stories...
    images.jpg
    ...and one of the most poignant, as it was the end of the series, and the segue into Batman and The Outsiders.

Not a bad send off, but the end of an era at DC, the beginning of a much bigger ending that would culminate with Crisis on Infinite Earths.
    I have that. Where is it??

BANNED

The Metal Men (and Platinum too!)

BANNED

This was one of my favorites

Retired

I have issue 59. The cover has Gil Kane inking his own pencils--he would do this a lot later, but at this time it would be in order for Joe Giella or Murphy Anderson to ink Gil's cover work. Maybe because the editor was George Kashdan things were being done differently.

The inside is by Ramona Fradon and Charles Paris--who seem to have taken residence in B&B in its 50-something issues. And maybe this is a case of Kashdan trying to make it up to Ramona and Charles for losing other assignments. Fradon lost AQUAMAN when Kashdan gave it to Nick Cardy and Paris lost out when Julie Schwartz took over BATMAN and DETECTIVE.

So they were paired with Bob Haney on B&B and the previous couple of issues debuted Metamorpho. And Kashdan, Haney, Fradon and Paris all went over to the new METAMORPHO title--although Ramona was only on that for a few issues before she left DC to raise her daughter.

The Batman/GL team-up in B&B 59 is odd, perhaps because no one involved was working on the "New Look" Batman--so there are weird elements of continuity which make it almost seem as if this is a pre-New Look story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I have issue 59. The cover has Gil Kane inking his own pencils--he would do this a lot later, but at this time it would be in order for Joe Giella or Murphy Anderson to ink Gil's cover work. Maybe because the editor was George Kashdan things were being done differently.

The inside is by Ramona Fradon and Charles Paris--who seem to have taken residence in B&B in its 50-something issues. And maybe this is a case of Kashdan trying to make it up to Ramona and Charles for losing other assignments. Fradon lost AQUAMAN when Kashdan gave it to Nick Cardy and Paris lost out when Julie Schwartz took over BATMAN and DETECTIVE.

So they were paired with Bob Haney on B&B and the previous couple of issues debuted Metamorpho. And Kashdan, Haney, Fradon and Paris all went over to the new METAMORPHO title--although Ramona was only on that for a few issues before she left DC to raise her daughter.

The Batman/GL team-up in B&B 59 is odd, perhaps because no one involved was working on the "New Look" Batman--so there are weird elements of continuity which make it almost seem as if this is a pre-New Look story.
    Wow - that is 59 is Kane on Kane? That is different than what we are used to looking at with Kane on Kane

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post

OK jim - here we go

What is your resource!

BANNED

One more GL/ Batman!

BANNED

The Brave in the Bold I read to death and it looks it. I loved the cover and drew it about 100 times.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post

What is your resource!
    I checked Mike's Amazing World (http://www.mikesamazingworld.com) and I remembered the rest.